Best of the Best Jr.

Postby RAYMONDSTRAWN » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:32 pm

First to Joe, the last trade offer in my inbox from your team is dated Nov 20th. If you sent anything after that I never got it. Strange. It sounds like the Wizard team manager sent me something too that I did not get. I sent two messages out about 1969 season that never made it back to me.

My team is done. The Wizard guy told me something about what he does and I thought I would end this miserable season doing something similar but not exactly. I might try it later, though I think I am done with 2005 strato. I have another team and when that is done I am sure I will be,unless I win a free team in that other league. Not likely. Anyway,the Wizard guy is pretty good and pretty smart.

If I somehow win a free team then I will buy 5 more, otherwise, thanks for the memories.

Thanks for the fun. Enjoy, maybe we will meet again in 2006 or 1969.
RAYMONDSTRAWN

Postby RAYMONDSTRAWN » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:44 pm

Wow-Joe you act like I showed no interest in Livan. I think he was the only guy on your team I ever talked about with you for months and you say why didn't I tell you I was interested?

Actually, the move was the last one I made, was not even sure I was going to do it. Drop Perez, that is. I would rather have gotten Garcia. But Livan will do, it just boiled down to a last minute decision to try something out, something I learned.

Why would I ever trade a pitcher who can beat me solidly to another team in my division when all that is left in the season is divisional play? LOL. I couldn't do that, wouldn't be fair to the other teams in the division.

Besides, you got enough help to win. It will be a great finish in our division, I have no idea which one, the Aces or you, will win. Well done, both of you.
RAYMONDSTRAWN

Postby joethejet » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:59 am

Sorry Res,

Yeah, you were interested, and we talked about Livo a lot. I apologize for making it sound different. We just never talked about Oliver Perez! ;) And, you didn't seem to want to trade Buehrle either!

At least you didn't cut Peavy! :)

Our last email exchange was last Saturday and my last trade offer went to you on 11/29. Maybe you deleted it, because you declined.

As for the race, it's going to go down to the wire it appears, there's a 3 way tie for the WC right now and we're only two behind the Aces. Course, it doesn't help us ANY that Bigbie went down for 7 games after playing 1/2 a game for us. :evil: Arrgh. :x

It also doesn't help that Lidge gives up HRs to Kendall and Vizquel :shock: in the same inning. :roll: Lidge has been a MAJOR disappointment. He's saved 15 and blown 10!!!! :shock: That's a lot of money to pay for $1.5 mil performance. Heck Baez has out performed him big time. Lidge has given up more HRs than the gave up RUNS in the real thing (albeit in roughly 2X IP). It's not like this is a hitter's league by any stretch.

Oh well, hopefully he'll get hot for the stretch and the rest of our guys can stay healthy to make up for losing Bigbie and Davanon.

Jet
joethejet

Joe, If you are online right now, go to you mailbox...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:48 am

In this league...I have released a player you inquired about earlier due to injury, which will not affect you. i'd hurry, he's pretty popular. :wink: SWP
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby joethejet » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:49 pm

Too late, I don't have Williams any more and we don't have the cap. :(

Thanks for the heads up.

Jet
joethejet

Postby Wineman » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:18 am

Sometimes this game stinks so bad. :twisted: I've never had a team finish so poorly, losing 10 of 12 and dropping out of contention quicker than bad comedian in a biker bar. :P So much for our late season cquisitions, all of which were based on the teams in our divisions and their vulnerabilities.

Guess this is and always will be a dice game. :?
Wineman

Postby RAYMONDSTRAWN » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm

Hats off to the Detonaters. Way to go and in Shea. You beat me to Wilkerson and Chavez and Lilly in the draft. So also hats off to your drafting skills.

I must say that I usually do not play in Shea, but teams seem to win alot in that stadium. I learned alot about Shea, thanks again, especially to the world champion Detonaters
RAYMONDSTRAWN

Previous

Return to Individual League Chat