gkhd
Nev
N.Texas widow
Coffee

Stadium pick at any time
ratioman2

Postby nevdully's » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:18 am

Guys I'll be back round 1 est.

I prefer to not use proxies because sometimes I screw them up :( ......I'm usually around so I'll keep things going reasonably quick.
nevdully's

Postby MEAT » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:55 am

it was nice getting such a high number, but really wierd going first in a 200m draft. mantle was definetly on the list, as well as half a dozen others who will all be long gone well before the 24th pick. haven't always gotten the most outa Ol' Pete but its hard to go wrong with him.

everyone here know how to proxy on the somdraft sight? I know clock's off first round, but im like nevy, around off and on all day, so checking back frequently.
MEAT

Postby nevdully's » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:58 am

I'm back. :)

Nobody went though. :(
nevdully's

Postby danielz » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:00 pm

I set my proxy early this morning. Figured I would have a player by now!
danielz

Postby MEAT » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:08 pm

anyone know how to get hold of unesid? in a league with him..should we page? does everyone know we started?
MEAT

Postby gkhd11a » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:11 pm

He had said he was going to be out of town for the weekend. I sent a PM probably just getting bearings, let's give through tonight....
gkhd11a

Postby Proverbial Psalms » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:04 pm

Didn;'t someone's two year old promise this league would be fun... I hope the fun starts soon, because logging into the draft sight 14 times while at work only to see the same three picks made isn;t really fun :P

I'm really not giving unesid a hard time, I know this league started over the weekend, and it's likely half of us weren't ready for such a quick start once we got the last few signups. I just find that I feel better if I type out my frustration instead of taking it out on my lovely wife and our dog- cause they don't deserve it either :wink: .

Meanwhile.... in reply to nev and he's meat... though I've been known to load about 50 proxies at a time, when it comes down to it, I always prefer to make a live pick, so I will be toggling my proxies off and on several times a day... I think a 200M live draft should be savored like a fine wine or single malt scotch, not chugged down like a light beer or fruity drink, so I'm going into this draft with the idea of getting the most out of it, NOT trying to get it done as quickly as possible. Hopefully the rest of us feel the same way- as long as we start NEXT Monday I'd think we're on a good pace.

Also, talk about tough lotteries... I got a respectable 604, but it was only good enough for #8 pick... seems like #8 is JUST past the super-premium guys and JUST far enough away from the 2nd pick on serpentine that it doesn't even feel any closer than every 12th pick. Ahh the grass is always greener over there isn't it :)

I've proxies off and will be in transit home from work- so I'll check back in closer to 730-800PM ET.
Proverbial Psalms

Postby danielz » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:37 pm

:?:
danielz

Postby Proverbial Psalms » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:41 am

OK, I'm done complaining about my #8 draft position- I would have bet a bizillion, megillion dollars that Willie Mays wouldn't have fallen all the way to #8, but somehow he has, and it took me about 0.0002 seconds to make that pick... woo-hoo :D :D 8-) :D

And truly... I am NOT SAYING anyone made a bad pick ahead of me, heaven knows with my 200M (lack of) success, I'm no one to be telling ANYONE which pick should or should not have been made, I'm just surprised (and happy) that Mays fell to my spot...

In another way, after the first few picks, I had actually begun thinking of how I could build my team around a Banks or maybe a Yount... and now that the guys ahead of me took them, I'm kind of disappointed too :roll:
Proverbial Psalms

Next

Return to Individual League Chat