Event 5, League 1 - NL only

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby edgecitytx » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:38 pm

Patreek, I would agree with you, but that would require ARay :roll:
edgecitytx

Postby edgecitytx » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:40 pm

one suggestion: we could grab somebody from league 5 and let Aray go there when he returns. I'm leaving for several hours, will go along with whatever everyone wants. If we try to go through the weekend, we should make sure everyone's actually available.
edgecitytx

Postby springer0432 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:08 pm

Guys, please don't start bailing. We've already started the draft and you'll leave the rest of us holding the bag. The reality of the situation is that there is a 48 hour time limit on the first round pick. Aray has not even reached 24 hours yet. While I am also frustrated with the pace, it's premature to jump ship when he is still within his predefined time limit.

Also, it seems like there is a perception that we have to finish the draft by Tuesday or it will come to a standstill because one owner is going out of town Tuesday and another next Friday. When we finish the first round there is a 3 hour time limit that kicks in. If an owner doesn't have proxies set or doesn't make a pick, we manually skip that owner and the draft goes on. It does not stall.

Thanks for setting us up Akindian, you did a great job. But, I hope you guys will wait it out at least through the weekend. I'll send a PM to Teepack and ask him to e-mail Aray.
springer0432

Postby wwwetz » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:51 pm

Even though I jumped into this first league for Event 5, I was figuring on completing the draft by Tuesday. But, don't worry about me, I can have a friend of mine complete the draft in my absence. I have to think that Aray is out of town or something. Anyway let's get as far as we can in what little time we have. :wink:
wwwetz

Postby LANCEBOUSLEY » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:13 pm

springer, the issue is that the guys going out of town are going to be w/o internet the way i understand it.

so lets say we stop for 3 hours each time they pick and that on average it takes 3 hours to cycle back to them.... that is 4 picks per day they miss.... hopefully they have proxies but the risk is that they come back and bail on us anyway becuase they have a crap team.......
LANCEBOUSLEY

Postby springer0432 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:26 pm

Proxies. If you're going to be gone you have to use them. I've done live drafts where almost all my picks were by proxy. They were players that I myself set as proxies so I was not disappointed when I got them. You also have a free agency period to make changes.

From Wetz's last post, I don't think he'll vacate his team.
springer0432

Postby LANCEBOUSLEY » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:08 pm

i'm not going anywhere.... just venting my frustration...... if this league takes three weeks and a day to draft i'll be hangin in there.......
LANCEBOUSLEY

Postby springer0432 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:17 pm

Cool. I'm ready for it to roll too. Hopefully, Teepack will have a solution (replacement) for us if Aray doesn't show up. I agree with Patreek that you would think the first ones to sign up would be amped to get going.
springer0432

Postby edgecitytx » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:21 pm

I can and will set proxies. But I'm not going to leave for a week and hope I have the right proxies and not be able to look at my team or anyone else's in the meantime. Especially when I entered this league with plenty of time for the draft to be done. Sorry.
edgecitytx

Postby LANCEBOUSLEY » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:25 pm

aray has an email address in his profile, i have written to that one lettinghimknow the draft has started.
LANCEBOUSLEY

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship