General Managers Keeper League

Cubit is missing in other places too!

Postby AFDickie » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:36 pm

I'm making picks on the "FLY" no offense "SUPPERFLY" but Cubit knows the draft has started-If he can't check in then he should leave a number he can be reached at.
AFDickie

Postby cirills » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:38 pm

That is what my thinking was too Smokey, except that the Original Rules called for a clock after Round One. :shock:

In any case, Cubey is a friend and a gentleman and I will give him the courtesy, knowing that the LAST time I did that he DID take the guy I wanted.

But if I DO pick, a round of proxies could fire off beefore his next pick.

But fair warning, this will be the LAST time that I wait! ;)

PS I feel pretty confident he will NOT be taking the guy I want with my next pick. ;)
Last edited by cirills on Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cirills

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:38 pm

i see your point of view AF. just offering my two cents.

having said that, now that i have coaxed you into dong the good thing if you weren't already, he will 100% sure as **** take the guy you absolutely had to have. Laughing

for the record i missed that part of the rules. that would change my opinion.
Last edited by superflymacdaddyjuice on Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superflymacdaddyjuice

Postby AFDickie » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:40 pm

[quote:aacf51f5d7="sandlotshrink"]I didn't realize that AFD can't even get to a computer.

That was never the issue before. :oops:

Just availability was the nemesis.

But, you have to admit, that at this point of the draft, to be waiting like this is (WAS) a momentum killer. :cry:[/quote:aacf51f5d7]

When have I left anyone hanging?
AFDickie

Postby cirills » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:43 pm

And I still do.

But in that case, we were waiting on a trade that may have or may not have happened, and the person whose pick it WAS was present.

The person he was trying to trade to was the one awol. ;)

In this case, it is the person PICKING who is AWOL, and it would take SKIPPING HIM to move forward.

We know what YOU would do AFD, but that is NOT necessarily what I would do.

That was NOT an "apples to apples" comparison (imho). :roll:

[quote:c61184bef8]When have I left anyone hanging? [/quote:c61184bef8]

That reference was only to trade deals. You have done that to me MANY a time (left me hanging). :?
cirills

Postby AFDickie » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:55 pm

[quote:13fedcb441="sandlotshrink"]And I still do.

But in that case, we were waiting on a trade that may have or may not have happened, and the person whose pick it WAS was present.

The person he was trying to trade to was the one awol. ;)

In this case, it is the person PICKING who is AWOL, and it would take SKIPPING HIM to move forward.

We know what YOU would do AFD, but that is NOT necessarily what I would do.

That was NOT an "apples to apples" comparison (imho). :roll:

[quote:13fedcb441]When have I left anyone hanging? [/quote:13fedcb441]

That reference was only to trade deals. You have done that to me MANY a time (left me hanging). :?[/quote:13fedcb441]

Ahhhh 49ersfan should have picked-I was o.k. with out making the deal-If you think I left you hanging on some deals it may have been because they were "dead-man" walking offers. I have most of them saved if you'd like to revist them :wink:
AFDickie

Postby cirills » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:01 pm

LOL

Really. You are one to talk! Sometimes you wouldn't KNOW a good offer if it hit you (not that ALL of mine were good mind you),and I know I am not alone in that thinking. :wink:

Well, all I can say is THANKS for never getiing back to me on the Burrell offer when you yourself asked me who between Wandy Rodriguez and James Shileds I preferred and I chose Wandy (only never to hear from you again).

Thank you very much for never getting back to me on THAT one! Stomaching Wandy's 6 plus ERA in the second half while Burrell was coming back from statistical obscurity (which is exactly what I said he was doing incedently) would have hurt. :twisted:
cirills

Postby AFDickie » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:21 pm

ochhh! WOW! I couldn't use "Pat" for this year. Most of your extra trash for future treasure may work with some folks but I'll only bite if I think it will help me win now....sorry Burrell wasn't cutting it. However, I do enjoy are "tradingbanter" so let's not say things that may cause a "Cold No Trade War." :roll:
AFDickie

Postby cirills » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:32 pm

Trust me, I have already given up on trading with you in the future.

It's simply not worth the effort. :?

My point was only that Burrell can help someone next year, whether or not it would be you. And his numbers will be better than this year's incedently.

I doubt Wandy will see as many rosters.
cirills

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:33 pm

Guys, I love Cube but I do think we need to move on. He knew we were drafting & I believe he also knew there was supposed to be a 4-hr clock today. Knowing him I don't think he'd have an issue at this point. He usually checks in around 4-5pm Pacific time in my experience & we're well past that....
qksilver69

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat