The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Postby Stoney18 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:18 am

Sandy, I think you do a great job running the league and keeping everyone on point. I woudn't want to change that.

I've kept most trades over the past year. I can put together a spreadsheet keeping track of trades and draft grids if that will help.
Stoney18

Postby cirills » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:30 am

I appreciate that Mike, and I too have the trades. But, with so many picks trading hands it is really difficult to keep the roster requirements intact. The multiple pick trades really creates some huge imbalances, and trying to make everything fair in that regard is very difficult.

I am just frustrated. I am not trying to pick on any one person, but just frustrated with trying to keep up.
cirills

Postby MICHAELJURACEK » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:49 am

If someone can do back-up on draft pick trades, that would probably make it easier. Then Sandlot wouldn't even need to keep track until the necessary time. He could consult the person doing back-up for the order of whatever draft was running.

As for trading picks, I've always looked at it more like the NFL or NBA than anything else, and swapping picks is common in both.

And it wasn't a first for a closer- it was the last pick of the second round for a closer. The 1st rounder was really for the two 3rds- added as part of the deal at my request. Saves me reaching for a closer at that 24th pick, and, once that part's done, doesn't leave me out of 30 straight picks when there's still some juicy players on the board. Which is what would have happened had it been a straight 2nd round/closer swap.
MICHAELJURACEK

Postby cirills » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:56 am

I was simply talking about the heavy price of next year's !st Rounder. You know Qk missed HIS 1st Rounder this year. :wink:
cirills

Postby MICHAELJURACEK » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:05 am

[quote:8e16617c20="sandlotshrink"]I was simply talking about the heavy price of next year's !st Rounder. You know Qk missed HIS 1st Rounder this year. :wink:[/quote:8e16617c20]

Yeah, and a psychologist might call what happened after "overcompensating". He missed his so much that he tried to get everyone else's :D

You'll probably be glad to hear that I'll (likely) be making no more trade offers to anyone.
MICHAELJURACEK

Postby kaviksdad » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:20 am

I think the hardest part of the record keeping is insuring that the "Fowldawg Corollary" is met. I know I got caught by it this year, so it can be a real problem.

I try and keep as accurate records of every transaction, and can act as a backup to keep the draft pick trading straight.
kaviksdad

Postby cirills » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:39 am

I know you do KD.

I am in the process of updating EVERYTHING thru two rounds and will send out the revised excel sheets for your observations.

Thanks,

Sandy

(It just takes so darn long :cry: )
cirills

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:13 am

Sandy I sent you a possible alternate format that may make it easier.

Wehn people trade picks just replace the name under the original pick owner. Don't know if it will help...
Detroit-Tigers

Postby cirills » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:17 am

[quote:27f65fa954]Wehn people trade picks just replace the name under the original pick owner[/quote:27f65fa954]

I pretty much do that already D-T, but I will definitely check out your format.
cirills

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:17 pm

Hey Sandy,

I know keeping up with all the trading is a real b*tch. I tend to do the bookkeeping for trades every 2 weeks except at draft time when it's every few days. By that I mean actually recording the trade. As DT was saying, updating the draft order in real time not so bad.

Also, I'm making an effort in USKL to have all my in-draft trades be balanced, and I think it may be a good rule to implement in order to ensure that the Commish does not have to do a supp draft later, etc.

Anyway, I can't promise I'm done dealing as I still have Cust, Tallet, Matsui & C Tracy on the market, but we should be almost there.

Good luck bro!

Qk
qksilver69

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat