The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

the good news keeps on rollin' in!

Postby qksilver69 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:40 pm

Hey fellas,

A couple of weeks I signed up for a lottery to get to buy tix to the Giants opening day game (sold out except for the lottery winners). I got an email a week ago saying that I wasn't a winner.

Then a few minutes ago I got an email saying that there was a 2nd lottery & I won! So now I have opening day tix to see my boy (in HCKL at least) Matt Cain pitch. Stoked!

:D
qksilver69

Postby Ninersphan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:44 pm

Awesome! 8-) :D

I still want to get to that ballpark someday.

Although it amazes me that the Giants can get a beautiful state of the art facility built( granted with mostly private funds) in San Fran and the Niners can't get one built to replace the dump that is Candlestick Park. More to do with ownership than anything I know, but it still galls me.
Ninersphan

Postby cirills » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:52 pm

[quote:1cee0a3b57]I still want to get to that ballpark someday.[/quote:1cee0a3b57]

I have been fortunate enough to have watched 4 games there so far.

Beautiful facility and great food!
cirills

BTW, I have DT's proxy

Postby qksilver69 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:52 pm

Yeah, the Niners really don't have their act together, but also the city leadership has something to do with it as well. Willie Brown was a huge sports fan and helped pave the way for the private financing by at least greasing the wheels of govt, while Gavin Newsom has been much more neutral towards sports, though he tries to show he embraces local teams.

Overall Newsom is a better mayor, but Willie was much more willing to make concessions when dealing with the sports teams.

BTW, I have DT's proxy so ping me when he comes up, I'll be around.
qksilver69

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:56 pm

qksilver, you are first, then me, then you again.
Detroit-Tigers

Postby Stoney18 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:22 pm

Qk, good news indeed. Watch out for the garlic fries.
Stoney18

Postby qksilver69 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:53 pm

Yeah Stoney, by April 7th I might actually be able to EAT some goddamn garlic fries. :roll: Getting the tonsils out & uvula trimmed means I have not been able to eat anything.

Yesterday I *tried* to eat some Carl's Jr chili cheese fries (yes, heart attack on a plate but DAMN are they good) - but I couldn't taste them much and they still got stuck in my throat. So my rehab is behind schedule, as they say.

Ok I posted a sh*tload of picks and we are down to FD. Sandy, in your honor, I took a young Met with the pick you gave me, just in case Mike turns out to be right on Soto, maybe I'll have another young C to pair with McCann/Montero.
qksilver69

Postby Ninersphan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:45 pm

Actually Flores is now a young National, because the Mets stupidly didn't protect him last year in the rule 5 draft, and Manny Acta ( Nats GM, former Mets asst, GM) scooped him up. Given the injuries the Mets have to Castro and Schnieder this spring, I bet Minaya is still kicking himself over that one. In fact last years offseason was one big Brain fart for him. Trading away Bell and Bannister for virtually nothing as well as not protecting Flores. Just a lot of bad moves.
Ninersphan

Postby qksilver69 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:56 pm

Duh that's right, forgot that he is in Washington now. I need to make an East Coast swing to check out the new park some time...
qksilver69

Postby cirills » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:16 pm

Bill, at 10:48 PM you may pick (if FD has not picked by then).
cirills

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat