Let's get the Champions League Off the Ground-check in here

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Postby ERICTAYLOR 2 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:19 pm

For the record, I like Eric Chavez more than most people do in this year's set. Despite that, I was a bit surprised at his going when he did in this draft.

Somewhat off-topic, I joined one of those grueling auto-leagues the other day. I got both Clemens and Schilling three hours AFTER waivers had run. Tough competition, let me tell ya. :roll:
ERICTAYLOR 2

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:24 pm

Final comment in my response to spicky

In case you wonder why I don't trash talk with other players, well:
1- you should have seen the email I sent to riggo when he picked up chavez!!!!
2-I also trash talked a few times with kaviksdad in the past---but it's hard to trash talk to someone in your division who has finished ahead of you three straight times!!! But I am just waiting for him to pick up Maddux to start over my trash talk with him :lol:

Anyway, it's sad you took it the wrong way.

Even your brother had a reaction earlier today that seem to me a bit overeacted.

I don't think I crossed the line, so I won't excuse myself, but I find it sad if you or cristano feel that I crossed the line.

In my days, with my buddies, the only lines I had to not cross was telling them who slept with their girlfriends :roll: ...and even then...

In any case, it's only a game, my friend, only a game...
MARCPELLETIER

Postby mesquiton » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:44 pm

Hey, Riggo's time is up! Can we skip him yet? Like, before he finds out he has Chavez???

8)
mesquiton

Postby mesquiton » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:45 pm

Say what you will, marcus wilby, Mike Maroth will never forgive your insults!!
mesquiton

Postby kaviksdad » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:01 am

* note to self: reexamine possible surprise Maddux pick in Round 4
kaviksdad

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:59 am

...and I won't forget the 25 losses on Maroth's record (or was it 30??)
MARCPELLETIER

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:06 am

:shock: :arrow: :mrgreen:

(reactions after etdefender's roar)

BTW, what the sh1t happened with Rolen? I came this close from choosing him instead of Santana in the first round? Bigmahon, Mora over Rolen??? Is this a side-effect of the new legalized Londonian brothels??
MARCPELLETIER

Postby kaviksdad » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:39 am

We have a 2 minute minor penalty on Luckyman for "slashing..."
:P
kaviksdad

Postby spicki17 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:42 am

lucky -- i am all about trash talking, but since my brother more than takes care of the share of our talking for our entire family, im quite content being a little quieter.

again, 2 responses to your emails. i dont like being called a carbon copy of a crissie for a few reasons, most notably being that there are about 4 or 5 "staple" players i go for every time that i know he wouldnt even consider drafting. these are players i start, not reserves.

i do enjoy trash talking, i just dont think calling his players out is "kosher". to me its just cheap. if people want to know who he drafts (which im sure every one of these guys does) they can simply click on the links to his previous tour teams.

last thing -- you paid too much for rolen...shouldve just gone with your beltre experiment again.

and just out of curiousity, where is sissy-ro?
spicki17

Postby bigmahon » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:59 am

[quote:4cd1a4095f]Bigmahon, Mora over Rolen??? [/quote:4cd1a4095f]

Well, I'm not sorry I didn't take Rolen, but I am questioning my selection of Mora. I never use him, so I don't know why I took him this time.

Anyone want him?
bigmahon

PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship