The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Postby cirills » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:51 pm

Easy NP, yours was the least troubled it seemed, but wrought with some delays.

But your predecessor, USKL2, is mired in MANY delays, and the 25 Man Keeper league is on life-support it would seem. :shock:
cirills

Postby cirills » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:01 am

Just tidying up a bit ...

The Updated Rosters thread for our league has been updated to account for the last trade.

As always, keep checking it every now and then and make sure it is good.

Thanks,

Sandy

PS You guys have been awfully quiet! :( 8-)
cirills

Postby Stoney18 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:46 am

I didn't want to jinx a hot start by saying anything. Looks like I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Is Polanco hitting for anyone else? I've seen him in a couple of leagues and woefully underperformed for his stats.
Stoney18

Postby caseybats » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:16 pm

I am trying to understand why my Big Red Machine is struggling so much.

I know the season is young and that I don't have the best team but I thought I would hover around .500 and with a little luck maybe even make a push for the playoffs but I am slowly learning I missed something that is making my team fade. I am trying different lineups at the expense of defense although that is never a good idea.

Its fun following these teams after so much effort gone into finding a good combination.

Casey
caseybats

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:50 pm

IMHO, you are just a little light on offence. None of your infield are big hitting threats, and your OF and DH are trying to carry the load; besides Granderson, and perhaps Pence, those guys are BPHR dependant. Otherwise you should be flirting with .500- pitching is decent (Morales, Spring, Broxton are probably bad fits for your park, or at least under utilized since they have 0 BPHRs) and defence is excellent (especially by my standards).
Detroit-Tigers

Postby Ninersphan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:05 pm

To add to that, to a man, your whole team hits LHP better than RHP, take a looik at how many lefties you've seen. I'm sure that isn't helping matters either.
Ninersphan

Postby nythawk129921 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:36 am

my pitching has been better than expected while my hitting has been atrocious,see Youkilis and his .195 BA and .280 OBP :shock:
nythawk129921

Postby caseybats » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:28 pm

Thank you Detroit-Tigers and ninersphan. You are right, I am weaker than I thought on offense. I switched to Fenway to help Johan and Orlando but I think I underestimated the impact it would have on my offense.

Its fun managing series to series but very frustrating when the results don't match your calculations.

Prior to the draft I thought I couldn't seriously compete for the division and that prompted me to pursue the Santana trade. Now I am really happy I did as I don't think I can overcome a 10 game deficit.

I am writing between innings, we have just taken a 4-0 lead in Sean Rodrigez's ml debut. I remember recommending someone here is strat-o-matic to take a look at Sean and O'Day, Darren's WHIP is a little high right now but so far so good.

How about Frank Thomas getting benched? Or Luke Scott hitting's and on base? Or Magic Santana, Joe Saunders or Zack Greinke? Its an early season with great stories to watch, don't you think?

Casey
caseybats

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:44 pm

Frank Thomas getting benched was just to piss him off IMO, he will be back in it at least a few times, and they will give him a chance to produce. I like his "replacement" Stairs though, not quite an all star, but a really solid hitter.

Big Papi's slump is just as big news-wise I think, but he always starts slow. Giambi too.

Saunders should have a decent year, just lucky so far. Look for a blow-up or two to force his ERA to ~4 by the end of the year; maybe 3.75.

I am a fan of Luke Scott, and he is a good solid starter and should improve on last year's numbers a bit. He is my ideal #2 hitter in my mind.

If you want to see outstanding watch Chipper Jones, as gaudy as his numbers are, he isn't too far off of last year, besides the average.
Detroit-Tigers

Postby Cubit » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:13 am

Anyone want to turn their tender analytical skills to my club's disastrous performance thus far? Injuries have played their part, especially in key series, but that usually evens out. I know the pitching I've had so far is truly awful and I have to look at Beckett's 1-9 start and shudder...

Like CaseyBats, ballpark choice may be decisive here. I wish I could swap ballbarks with you Casey....
Cubit

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat