Quick help!

Quick help!

Postby GREGDALY » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:22 pm

How would you bat these guys?

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/atg2/team/team_other.html?user_id=59086

Rose is at 3b
Crawford is at 1b
GREGDALY

Postby JUMA » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:41 pm

This doesn't answer your question, but I'm wondering if you've had any previous experience with Burdette?
JUMA

Postby BassballJG » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:59 pm

DH or not?
BassballJG

Postby GREGDALY » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:42 am

It's not a DH league and I've never used Burdette. Why? Am I in for an interesting season from him?
GREGDALY

Postby JUMA » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:13 am

Dunno on Burdette. Rarely see him used, but at times I try to get somebody in that price range as a 4th starter.
JUMA

Postby GREGDALY » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:19 am

I figured for the price he was worth it since I'm in Forbes and don't have to worry about the BP HR's - plus I'm going to see if using Munger/Brazle as spot starters on the road in Hitter parks will help.

Any idea how to hit these guys? I went 2-1 last night and had this lineup:
D Bush
McCosky
Aaron
Bench
Rose
E Collins
Agee
S Crawford

I've never had McCosky, Agee, or Crawford and I'm not sure if hitting Collins 6th is the best use of him. I figured putting McCosky 2nd and set to H&R more with Bush set to steal more would get me some base runners for Aaron and Bench to drive in - then I'd leave my 2nd half of the order to use their OBP/speed and score some runs as well.
GREGDALY

Postby JUMA » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:50 am

Ideally, I bet you'd like 1 more bopper there. As it is, you have a lot of flexibility with the lineup as I see it.
If it were me, I'd have Crawford sandwiched between Aaron & Bench vs rhp. Rose would be batting 8th.
JUMA

Postby STUARTHOLCOMB » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:34 pm

not against juma's idea of crawford in between arron and bench. i've not had luck with mccosky, but that's only in two leagues.
i love donie bush, but he's only ideal as a leadoff hitter sometimes. who knows which bush will show up for you.

another idea might be
mccosky
bush
collins
aaron
bench
crawford
agee
rose (not a bad no. 2 hitter either)

personally i think you have too much pitching - but i didn't look at your division. if you're crafty you can get munger and brazle to pitch out of the pen, whereas you wouldn't need eck (and maybe no schiraldi) and could beef up a hitter somewhat.
STUARTHOLCOMB

Postby GREGDALY » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:22 am

Thanks for the advice. My plan was to get my 4 SP's to get me 6-7 IP and then turn it over to the pen with Eck at the end. Munger and Brazle are both set to work out of the pen, but might get spot starts depending on matchups.

I also love Bush ( :lol: ) - he's played well each time I've had him and I only use him at leadoff. My problem, I think, is I have too many guys who can hit 2nd and potentially not enough pop - especially from the left.

Well, I just got friggin' dismantled last night at the Polo grounds last night losing all 3. I'll take a look around and see what options I have to add some pop.
GREGDALY

Postby Horntsnest1 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:59 pm

That's a tough bunch to find a good batting order for...I would bat McCosky either leadoff or 8th , Bush leadoff, can't underestimate Crawford's and Rose's clutch clutch so they'd go in at either 5th or 7th, never had much luck with Bench so I'd go safe with him at 6th, Collins 3rd Aaron cleanup, and the remaining guyy Agee is a hard fit, I don't like him 2nd so this is how I'd go
1 Bush
2 Rose
3 Collins
4 Aaron
5 Crawford
6 Bench
7 Agee
8 McCosky
what you really need is to trade in some of that pitching for a real STUD at #3.....
Horntsnest1

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats