The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Postby Cubit » Thu May 08, 2008 11:16 pm

Didn't mean to hold out on anyone. Thought I'd posted the names.... Overbay and Arroyo go back into the pond.

Impressive deal there Qk & Niner. Wonder what Qk knows about Sizemore? -- it is always sad to see a favorite cast adrift... :wink: I should know. Even the drops above reflect a sad realization that Arroyo does not seem to be likely to come back, or "eat innings" again. Instead he simply bites!
Cubit

Postby qksilver69 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:45 pm

Cube - do me a favor & answer email once in a while!!! :D

I love Sizemore, still do, but I have Josh Hamilton in every SOM keeper league I am in - 3 in TSN & 2 non-TSN leagues. He is older than Sizemore, has similar plate discipline but more power. I think he'll also get a 2 range in CF, next year if not this year. I also have Ankiel who has only played CF this year, so I set myself up with a logjam there.

I needed a young 1B for next year after dealing Helton, and AG is only 25. I also tried to get value for Sizemore before our FA draft & didn't find the right combo. Now that we are a month or two away from the supp draft here, we're getting an idea as to the eligible players who will be worth claiming.

Given that Niners is rebuilding, I think his FA pick will be worth something in a pretty good draft. So I think the value I'm getting for Grady here is about right, I feel pretty comfortable with this one as long as I can scrounge up a decent leadoff hitter for next year...
qksilver69

Postby kaviksdad » Fri May 09, 2008 12:01 am

I like the deal for both sides. Hamilton appears to be the real deal, provided he can keep the demons away, and Sizemore is just coming into his own and should be one of the premier CF's for a long time. The power difference is substantial though -

If I didn't have Ichiro (and wanted to part with Utley), I'd have made a serious play for Grady (as I have him on a number of these keeper leagues)
kaviksdad

Re: another deal to announce

Postby Ninersphan » Fri May 09, 2008 7:11 am

[quote:f3efe11aa6="qksilver"]Niners has been busy. He & I have agreed to the following deal:

I get:
Adrian Gonzalez
Niners' 1st Supp pick
Niner's No 2 FA pick in '09
Andrew Jones

Niners gets:
Grady Sizemore
Jesus Flores
My 3rd supp pick

Bill to confirm....[/quote:f3efe11aa6]

Confirmed :D

HAD to do this one, yeah I'm giving up power, but Lee is still my primary 1b and my earlier deal brought back Jackson who should do okay in that department with a higher average than Adrian I think.

Sizemore fills a black hole at 2 spots on this squad that I've have been trying to fill since this league started CF and Leadoff. Finally accomplished it. The Webb deal will hurt this season, but Haren seems to be matching Webb for next, although Webb will still be tougher on Righties.

And don't think I'm done... If theres is someone you want make me an offer. Guerro could be had, he'll help someone this year, I'd need power back in that deal though. Still looking to upgrade 2b, 3b LF and I'm always looking for pitching and picks. Keep the offers coming.

and sandy what's the :shock: for, cause I traded Webb or cause you thought one of us overpaid.
Ninersphan

Postby cirills » Fri May 09, 2008 7:43 am

No comment ... it was just a left-handed reference to our trade "talks" ...
cirills

Postby Ninersphan » Fri May 09, 2008 7:59 am

[quote:b1b055e94b="sandlotshrink"]No comment ... it was just a left-handed reference to our trade "talks" ...[/quote:b1b055e94b]

No comment indeed :wink:
Ninersphan

Postby caseybats » Thu May 15, 2008 11:58 pm

Are we allowed to expand rosters now?

Casey
caseybats

Postby cirills » Fri May 16, 2008 6:12 am

ABSOLUTELY!!! :D

All teams may expand their rosters to the fullest!!!

G/L to all coming down the stretch!!! :!:

Sandy
cirills

Postby cirills » Fri May 16, 2008 5:17 pm

[quote:928b8aec3c]Didn't mean to hold out on anyone. Thought I'd posted the names.... Overbay and Arroyo go back into the pond. [/quote:928b8aec3c]

Sorry I didn't notice this earlier Cubey, but Overbay is NOT on your roster to drop, so you actually still owe me a drop.

You actually dropped Overbay PRIOR to our FA Draft earlier in the year.

Sandy
cirills

Postby cirills » Thu May 22, 2008 7:07 am

[b:7caa244d69]CUBIT STILL OWES A DROP!!!! (See Above)
I WILL PICK SOMEONE MYSELF SOON!!!!
[/b:7caa244d69]
Meanwhile, with 6 games to go, there are a few races that are up for grab. One is who will be the WC and who will be the East winner, and both those involve Mike J and myself.

The other is who will be the #1 seed, which involves KD and D-T.

G/L to all! :D
cirills

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat