The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Postby Ninersphan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:30 pm

[quote:77ee2b67c2="Cummings2"]I might be out of touch with reality for some time, I sent Stoners proxies via email.

Wish me luck guys...

where I'm going "we don't need roads"

C2

P.S. Brownie points if you can name two movies in which that line is spoken. One is the original and the second is a movie making a direct reference to the first one.[/quote:77ee2b67c2]

Doc says it to Marty at the end of "Back to the Future", but I don't know if it's the original or the reference.
Ninersphan

Postby MICHAELJURACEK » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:59 pm

[quote:c97640e3c9="Cummings2"]I might be out of touch with reality for some time, I sent Stoners proxies via email.

Wish me luck guys...

where I'm going "we don't need roads"

C2

P.S. Brownie points if you can name two movies in which that line is spoken. One is the original and the second is a movie making a direct reference to the first one.[/quote:c97640e3c9]

Pretty sure its "Repo Man".

Cult classic of the first order.
MICHAELJURACEK

Postby Cubit » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Here's the YouTube link to the first answer:

we don't need roads from Back to the Future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmgUH4PE5IY
Cubit

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:22 am

DT, LMK if u wanna deal your last pick. I have uses for it.

I am loaded on SPs, but Westbrook was just staring me in the face. 34 IP should qualify him for a card, and 1.15 WHIP & .273 BA vs RH might be just good enough but not great to get him included in the set. Let's hope - there will be some BP HRs vs RH as well...
qksilver69

Postby cummings2 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:36 pm

Well, well, well...

So, you got one of the movies "Back to the future" very well done indeed :)

Brownie points go to Niners for being the first one to name it
Brownie points go to Cubes for posting the link to great last line...

MAJOR, MAJOR Brownie points got to Mike J for the AWSOME recall of a major cult one: Check out the wheels in Bubba!!! [i:dfee4227c8]Repo Man[/i:dfee4227c8]????

Dude, that's awsome! we gotta chat good flicks with Charliewb and the rest of the gang. -I have to admit that if the lines are mentioned in Repo I can't remember even tho I've seen it quite a few times

I have to admit I am quite impressed that Repo Man was brought up. Excellent taste there Mike.

Between Repo Man, Back to the future and Angeline Jolie... woof... I tell you, there might be [i:dfee4227c8]other[/i:dfee4227c8] keeper leagues, oh yes there might be, but there's only ONE. ORIGINAL. KEEPER. LEAGUE... it's where Larry David makes an outburst every now and then, it's where Angelina Jolie comes out to play, great movie lines are quote and major cult retro back flicks from the 80's come alive... where everybody knows your name and they're always glad you came.

The other movie where "where we're going we don't need roads" is mentioned is a direct reference to Back to the future, in that Doc Brown and Back to the future are mentioned in the dialogue along with the quote...

Judd Apatow movie...

Thanks for posting my pick Stones, back to the books... back to work...

C2
cummings2

Postby kaviksdad » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:58 pm

Damn we missed you Chuckles 8-) :lol: :D
kaviksdad

Postby Ninersphan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:01 pm

[quote:e6beffa6c8="Cummings2"]Well, well, well...

So, you got one of the movies "Back to the future" very well done indeed :)

Brownie points go to Niners for being the first one to name it
Brownie points go to Cubes for posting the link to great last line...

MAJOR, MAJOR Brownie points got to Mike J for the AWSOME recall of a major cult one: Check out the wheels in Bubba!!! [i:e6beffa6c8]Repo Man[/i:e6beffa6c8]????

Dude, that's awsome! we gotta chat good flicks with Charliewb and the rest of the gang. -I have to admit that if the lines are mentioned in Repo I can't remember even tho I've seen it quite a few times

I have to admit I am quite impressed that Repo Man was brought up. Excellent taste there Mike.

Between Repo Man, Back to the future and Angeline Jolie... woof... I tell you, there might be [i:e6beffa6c8]other[/i:e6beffa6c8] keeper leagues, oh yes there might be, but there's only ONE. ORIGINAL. KEEPER. LEAGUE... it's where Larry David makes an outburst every now and then, it's where Angelina Jolie comes out to play, great movie lines are quote and major cult retro back flicks from the 80's come alive... where everybody knows your name and they're always glad you came.

The other movie where "where we're going we don't need roads" is mentioned is a direct reference to Back to the future, in that Doc Brown and Back to the future are mentioned in the dialogue along with the quote...

[b:e6beffa6c8]Judd Apatow movie...[/b:e6beffa6c8]

Thanks for posting my pick Stones, back to the books... back to work...

C2[/quote:e6beffa6c8]

I'm not a big fan, but I would guess "The 40 year old Virgin", it would fit, I've seen the film but not enough times to have it commited to memory.

I recently started to watch "Knocked Up" and only made it 20 minutes in, it was horrible.
The best thing about that 20 minutes was a very brief shot of Katherine Heigle in her bra, other than that it wasn't funny, it wasn't well acted and I'm glad I left the room and logged onto the computer after 20 minutes, cause my wife said it only got worse, she watched the whole thing and her basic response was:

"Well there's 2 hours of my life I'm never getting back"

Of course I can't remember the last time I saw a truly funny comedy movie, I've seen funny bits in comedy films, but most comedy movies these days seem to be bad SNL sketches stretched out WAY to long.
Ninersphan

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:09 pm

[quote:e7e25bc7e1]The best thing about that 20 minutes was a very brief shot of Katherine Heigle in her bra[/quote:e7e25bc7e1]

Ya know, I'm not sure that would even do it for me. I mean, I wouldn't kick her out of bed or anything, but doesn't she kind of have a horse face? I watch Grey's Anatomy & all, but she just doesn't scream "sex symbol" to me. So let's review:

Angelina - check
Jessica Alba - check
Scarlett J - check
Megan Fox - check
Penelope Cruz & Salma Hayek - getting up there a bit, but so am I - triple check if they double team & talk dirty to me in Spanish 8-)

Katherine Heigl...not so much
qksilver69

Postby Ninersphan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:39 pm

[quote:a3889a0b03="qksilver"][quote:a3889a0b03]The best thing about that 20 minutes was a very brief shot of Katherine Heigle in her bra[/quote:a3889a0b03]

Ya know, I'm not sure that would even do it for me. I mean, I wouldn't kick her out of bed or anything, but doesn't she kind of have a horse face? I watch Grey's Anatomy & all, but she just doesn't scream "sex symbol" to me. So let's review:

Angelina - check
Jessica Alba - check
Scarlett J - check
Megan Fox - check
Penelope Cruz & Salma Hayek - getting up there a bit, but so am I - triple check if they double team & talk dirty to me in Spanish 8-)

Katherine Heigl...not so much[/quote:a3889a0b03]

Dave, I don't disagree with your assessment of Ms. Heigle at all, that just goes to show you how bad the movie was.

and BTW if you like hot hispanic women, you might want to add Roslyn Sanchez to your list. :wink:
Ninersphan

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:53 pm

Unfortunately I'm at work so I can't ogle, er, Google her with the "gusto" that I would normally reserve for such occasions...
qksilver69

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat