The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Postby cummings2 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:13 pm

Hey there Guys,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

I'm baaa-aaa-aaack!

Thank you all for your kind words through league mail, I just read 'em and Casey passed on the good thoughts.

...hmmm... what can I say... well... I can say that I've learned that when I feel like a needle is piercing my chest, my left arm feels like its been punched and on top of that I feel like the whole world is spinning... that ain't bad tacos sittin' in my stomach... that be da heart going all funky.

A bit scary to have a "call for the check" moment in my early thirties but... glad it was just a call.

So, I'll be sending emails... and nagging the katookies out of ya'll... that we have to take it easy ain't mean we can't be silly.

Muy Muy happy

C2
cummings2

Postby kaviksdad » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:51 am

Glad to have you back Charlie - as much as we all like Casey, there's nobody like "Chuckles" to add zest to a keeper league.

Now take care of yourself, or I'll tell Mom :lol:
kaviksdad

Postby cummings2 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:23 pm

Thnx KD! :)

It's really good to get back on track. I've traded my 13-14 hour workdays with a much calmer 5-6 hour work routines. Walking a little more, smoking much less. Trying to stay calm.

Back on the baseball front I'm all juiced to report that this is a fantastic time for my much troubled franchise. Casey did a great job during the off season and season 1 so for the first time I'm out of the weakest division and even with the tougher competition we are sitting on a .500 record with only 6 games to go!

How 'bout that Sandy?! I know having me in means some goofy decisions but we're making improvements.

Now next year I think I'll have a dud of a team even though Casey believes the team is very well setup. I just don't see the pitching she boasts as great foundation.

In the mean time we'll celebrate .500 like its 1999!

C2
cummings2

Postby cirills » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:45 am

[quote:76f87892ef]How 'bout that Sandy?! I know having me in means some goofy decisions but we're making improvements.
[/quote:76f87892ef]

Yes you are. And Casey is proving to be a tough cookie in SOM.

I hope to squeeze by her tonight in the GMKL.

And speaking of races, we have 2 coming down to tonight's contests.

I have to sweep my Games against KD tonight (highly unlikely) and hope that D-T loses at least one game.

Over in the West, AFD is hoping for the same scenario with NP.

No matter what, it's been another great season and year for the USKL.

G/L to all of us in tonight's games.

After the season is over, I will send out a revised Spread Sheet for the league in advance of some Hot Stove League action.

As Always, thanks for being you.

Sandy
cirills

Postby kaviksdad » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:48 am

Whew! Able to clinch the division last night - onto the playoffs.

Unfortunately, I will be off on vacation through the playoffs and will have very limited (if any) access to a computer. I'll be back on the 20th, hopefully to view a successful playoff run. See you all then.
kaviksdad

Postby cirills » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:19 am

Congratulations to NP on securing the West last night, and to D-T in taking the WC from me.

My goal of making the playoffs in all the 2008 seasons of the USKL, HCKL and GMKL fell one short.

G/L to all the playoff teams.

I'll start compiling revised Order of Merit standings and the most up-to-date League Speadsheet.

Sandy
cirills

Postby Ninersphan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:55 am

Thanks!, I haven't said anything, cause I didn't want to jinx myself, but I went on one helluva a run over the last week winning 11 straight games only losing the last game of the season.

Not sure I can keep up that momentum in the playoffs though.
Ninersphan

Postby nythawk129921 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:55 am

I am just happy to finally finish over 500 for both seasons,something I havent done in the past seasons. :lol:
nythawk129921

Postby qksilver69 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:31 am

My 1st 100-loss team in SOM. Great! :roll:

Good luck to the playoff teams & nice job by Niners to get in!

[quote:a4a028ac38]My goal of making the playoffs in all the 2008 seasons of the USKL, HCKL and GMKL fell one short. [/quote:a4a028ac38]

'Cuz it's always about YOU mon frere! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
qksilver69

Postby cirills » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:45 am

ONLY, when it is NOT about you! :P
cirills

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat