The North American Keeper League Forum

Postby Ninersphan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:16 am

Hey just so I'm clear on the rules, I saw one thread where you were using the USKL rules, and it looks like on this thread, [b:4debcbfd63]thisisray[/b:4debcbfd63] posted the USKL 2 & 3 which introduces prospect rosters, minimum/maximum cuts for drafts and a few other things.

Which rules are you using?

I understand which ever it is, it has been modified to be a 36 round draft, 35 players+1 stadium from the current card set and then a 5 rounder in inverse order for the next set.
Ninersphan

Postby Ninersphan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:31 am

slowly creeping to the end of rd 1...

still awaiting an answer to my question above.
Ninersphan

Postby thisisray » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:51 am

It wasn't clear to me what rules we are using. I actually just posted the rules I took from one of the USKL leagues and am using in another keeper league. I did not know they had changed in seasons 2 and 3. I think someone needs to take over as being commissioner so we have someone who can make definite decisions and can answer everyone's questions because I am sure there will be more. So that being said...what rules are we using???
thisisray

Postby Ninersphan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:55 am

[quote:fd6c011369="thisisray"]It wasn't clear to me what rules we are using. I actually just posted the rules I took from one of the USKL leagues and am using in another keeper league. I did not know they had changed in seasons 2 and 3. I think someone needs to take over as being commissioner so we have someone who can make definite decisions and can answer everyone's questions because I am sure there will be more. So that being said...what rules are we using???[/quote:fd6c011369]

They didn't change between 2 & 3, the change was between USKL which has NO PROSPECTS, stadium changes from year to year, no set number of cuts between season for the spring draft; and USKL 2&3 which both use the same rules which include prospects, NO stadium changes, set roster cuts from year to year both minimum and maximum.

So who's commish? I thought it was Mike Lopp, he started the league and I assumed had the rules nailed down before you guys started drafting,
as someone stepping in, not a very encouraging sign. :shock: :?: :cry:

Not to be a stickler, but we should get this straighted out ASAP.
Last edited by Ninersphan on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ninersphan

Postby Jerlins » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:57 am

Utley finally gone. I thought he was at least a top 3 pick in a keeper league.
Jerlins

Postby Ninersphan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:59 am

[quote:22c32401e0="Jerlins"]Utley finally gone. I thought he was at least a top 3 pick in a keeper league.[/quote:22c32401e0]

I think his injury potential for the upcoming season may have played a part...I know it did for me.
Ninersphan

Postby Jerlins » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:00 am

Yippee, I had Utley/Sizemore #1 and #2. Almost like having the #1 pick. Though I am sad Teixiera and Markakis are gone. Wanted either on the bounce back.
Jerlins

Postby Ninersphan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:04 am

[quote:6bab32f9c1="Ninersphan"][quote:6bab32f9c1="thisisray"]It wasn't clear to me what rules we are using. I actually just posted the rules I took from one of the USKL leagues and am using in another keeper league. I did not know they had changed in seasons 2 and 3. I think someone needs to take over as being commissioner so we have someone who can make definite decisions and can answer everyone's questions because I am sure there will be more. So that being said...what rules are we using???[/quote:6bab32f9c1]

They didn't change between 2 & 3, the change was between USKL which has NO PROSPECTS, stadium changes from year to year, no set number of cuts between season for the spring draft; and USKL 2&3 which both use the same rules which include prospects, NO stadium changes, set roster cuts from year to year both minimum and maximum.

So who's commish? I thought it was Mike Lopp, he started the league and I assumed had the rules nailed down before you guys started drafting,
as someone stepping in, not a very encouraging sign. :shock: :?: :cry:

Not to be a stickler, but we should get this straighted out ASAP.[/quote:6bab32f9c1]

anyone???
Ninersphan

Postby KEITHLAMONT » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Mike Lopp wanted to start or be a part of a keeper league & is currently commish by default. I think the uskl rules were posted more so as a reference than the rules. I have moved forward with the expectation we are following the uskl 2&3 rules. Also, Niners if you are up to it, Im sure Mike L would be open to you taking over the reigns of commish. I dont think anyone could convince me there is a better commish out there!
KEITHLAMONT

Postby thisisray » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:46 pm

[quote:db7e0dc5f3="klx22"] I have moved forward with the expectation we are following the uskl 2&3 rules. [/quote:db7e0dc5f3]

Same here.
thisisray

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat