70S/80S RND. 4 LEAGUE 2 LIVE DRAFT -- We are loading

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Postby LMBombers » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:22 pm

When we find a replacement all we need to do is to reset Joey's password and let the new person draft using his ID and the password of test.
LMBombers

Joeygesq redeux...

Postby STEPHENDESMOND » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:00 pm

I would be happy to take over for Joeygesq. He left his somdraft.com password as "test" so I can go in and finish his draft anytime. I see it's been his pick since 18:20 yesterday. Just say the word and the misery will be over...
STEPHENDESMOND

Postby G_MONEY » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 pm

What's the rush peeps?
It has only been 19 days since we started this thing!
We can drag this out to a month if we try hard enough. Or don't try.

If we have never enforced time rules for the first 14 rounds, why is it ok to start now? Someone should have spoken up earlier (like me, a week ago) and exposed this as a farce.

LIVE draft??

More like ZOMBIE draft.

I vote we kick joeygesqxwasd OUT now.
Then drive to his house and slap him around....
G_MONEY

Postby Sykes25 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:19 pm

I don't think this is an issue of enforcing the clock. The issue is that Joey has consistently been over time on more than 50% of his picks. In addition, he has delayed the loading of the other league.

The idea behind joining the tourney and knowing there are two live drafts is that you should be able to participate. For the sake of discussion, we would still have this issue even if proxies were working.

My suggestion to skip his pick is only being asked now because we are in round 15, not rounds 1-5. Core teams are pretty built and some folks still have stadiums to pick.

If he was loaded in the other league by now, I would be a little less concerned.

With all these being said, RL gets in the way and takes folks away from SOM. We all have experienced this either ourselves or in other leagues. The delay in his picks consistently though, speaks to a bit of disinterest in the live draft and/or tournament.
Sykes25

Postby YountFan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:35 pm

being from the 'other' league, my 2 cents is.

Yes, RL gets in the way. But you think he'd have 5 min to post a message says RL is in the way.

Back to your regularly schedule draft
YountFan

Postby PillPop » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:55 pm

If he doesn't pick by midnight eastern time tonight, I vote to replace him. This is not the weekend when we are officially "off the clock." You should be able to check in twice a day-- at the very least once every 24 hours to make your pick. And if you can't check in, acknowledge that and PM or e-mail some proxies to someone else in the league. That's usually how it's done.
PillPop

Postby STEPHENDESMOND » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:59 pm

You don't have to skip him. I can take over his draft. I can make his pick RIGHT NOW. As YF stated, he has not comunicated with you and his track record in the other live draft stunk. Then he didn't load a team.

I think you guys have suffered enough...
STEPHENDESMOND

Postby TomP » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:07 pm

Replacing Joey and moving the draft forward sounds like a good plan to me.
TomP

Postby ggrover15 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:45 pm

Dezman if you want me too I will take this 80's team. i hate for you to be stuck taking this guys 70's and 80's team.

Let me know.
ggrover15

Postby STEPHENDESMOND » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:32 pm

I'm fine with it. I don't feel "stuck" at all. If you REALLY want it or the league would rather have a different player, than that's great too. I think the important thing is to get this draft rolling again, as soon as possible. Enough is enough with this Joey...
STEPHENDESMOND

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s