Major League Keeper League

Exerpt from b4 our supplemental:

Postby KEITHLAMONT » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:06 pm

the splinter wrote:
clarification please...

who is available to draft? current carded players? Previous carded players? Any player with MLB time yet uncarded?

Any player with MLB experience that is not owned by another manager is available to be picked in the supplemental draft. They do not have to have a card to be eligible in this supplemental draft.

Posted by kaviksdad& confirmed by ninersphan.

Now if were are playing under different rules that is fine, but i compared rules on page 1 of both leagues, & they both read the same. :?
KEITHLAMONT

Trade

Postby jagman2882 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Jagman2882 sends 2 2nd round picks to jehale for 1st round pick in the supplemental draft

jehale to confirm
jagman2882

Re: Exerpt from b4 our supplemental:

Postby thisisray » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:41 pm

[quote:c168f50976="klx22"]the splinter wrote:
clarification please...

who is available to draft? current carded players? Previous carded players? Any player with MLB time yet uncarded?

Any player with MLB experience that is not owned by another manager is available to be picked in the supplemental draft. They do not have to have a card to be eligible in this supplemental draft.

Posted by kaviksdad& confirmed by ninersphan.

Now if were are playing under different rules that is fine, but i compared rules on page 1 of both leagues, & they both read the same. :?[/quote:c168f50976]

Right. He has 2 starts from what I see, so what makes him ineligible? I just would like to understand why you say he is ineligible.
thisisray

Postby KEITHLAMONT » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:46 pm

Let me preface, I really dont care what our rules are, I jsut want to know what they are so I follow them. The rules means mlb experience prior to the 2009 season or whatever current season you are in, which mazzaro doesnt have. I mean if there were no difference between a prospect draft & a supplemental draft, why would there be 2 seperate drafts?
KEITHLAMONT

Postby thisisray » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:58 pm

Well, there will be hundreds of players drafted tomorrow and many more that are in the minors. There will be plenty of prospects to choose from. Personally, if someone wants to draft a young player with almost no experience and waste a roster spot on someone that won't help them then go ahead. When we have the prospect draft you can choose any player who has not had a single MLB at bat or inning pitched. Mazzaro would not be eligible for this draft because he has now pitched. He would be available in the spring FA draft. I understand that we are using the USKL3 rules, but there can be different interpretations of the rules and that is the way I have interpreted it. No one else has said anything regarding the pick, so if anyone else thinks this is an ineligible pick then please state so.
thisisray

Postby KEITHLAMONT » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:05 pm

massaro would be a legitimate summer prospect pick because he had no mlb experience when the season started & that goes for any keeper league.
KEITHLAMONT

Postby jagman2882 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:07 pm

let me just clear up one important thing....we did take the rules from the USKL3 with the blessing of ninersphan but by the same token this IS NOT USKL3, this is the MLKL so we can have different interpretation of the league rules and this would appear to be a gray area in the rules IMO
jagman2882

Postby KEITHLAMONT » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:14 pm

It doesnt matter what league this is, if we are playing under the same rules there are no different interpretations, unless a change was voted on by the group & then placed into the rules. Thats like saying Im in Ohio & you are in Indiana & we in Ohio can interpret the constitution differently then they do in Indiana.
KEITHLAMONT

Postby Rally Sally » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:19 pm

I've had some issues with the drafts thus far. When the league began I didn't think that the draft rules were vague, but that has become a problem. Twice now managers in this league have been blindsided by picks for players they didn't think were eligible. Someone should not be able to gain a competitive advantage because he interprets the rules in a different way.

Luckily, I have a solution. I would ask that the commissioner spell out the precise eligibility requirements for this draft, before any more picks are made. The drafting field has to be level.
Rally Sally

Postby KEITHLAMONT » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:23 pm

[quote:1ae4e626a6="Rally Sally"]I've had some issues with the drafts thus far. When the league began I didn't think that the draft rules were vague, but that has become a problem. Twice now managers in this league have been blindsided by picks for players they didn't think were eligible. Someone should not be able to gain a competitive advantage because he interprets the rules in a different way.

Luckily, I have a solution. I would ask that the commissioner spell out the precise eligibility requirements for this draft, before any more picks are made. The drafting field has to be level.[/quote:1ae4e626a6]

I agree somewhat with the resolution, but you can spell out things midway through. New rules in the middle of a draft coudl have effected previous picks already placed. I say unless someone proves otherwise that we arent playing under USKL3 rules, we finish under those rules. If we want to put it to a vote for future drafts thats fine, but you cant change the game midstream.
KEITHLAMONT

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat