Major League Keeper League

Postby thisisdan26 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:24 pm

[quote:c0e6b7aab9="klx22"]massaro would be a legitimate summer prospect pick because he had no mlb experience when the season started & that goes for any keeper league.[/quote:c0e6b7aab9]

Would he though? From my interpretation of the prospect draft rules, it seems as though that would not be the case. Seeing as how the following rule says nothing regarding the summer prospect draft having exceptions to the matter of a player having his 1st time MLB experience in the current season.

4) Only those players without MLB experience signed by MLB teams are eligible for [b:c0e6b7aab9]any[/b:c0e6b7aab9] prospect draft. (from the prospect draft rules)

And as far as Mazzaro being ineligible for this draft, I see no rule in the follow listing of rules for supplemental drafts that states that players without MLB experience prior to the current season aren't available to be chosen.

Supplemental Free Agent drafts:
1) A Supplemental Free Agent draft of up to 3 rounds will be held between seasons 1 and 2 of each calender year.
2) All owners must announce their roster drops ( up to 3) prior to the Supplemental draft.
3) Owners may draft no more than 3 players; Owners are not required to draft any players during the Supplemental draft
4) Supplemental Free Agent drafts are non-sepentine; Supplemental Free Agent draft order is determined by the previous season's regular season record.
5) There is no clock for Round 1 of the Supplemental Free Agent draft. All subsequent rounds will operate with a 3 hour clock.
6) The Supplemental Free Agent draft is only 3 rounds. Owners with less than a full roster may use the Supplemental Free Agent Draft to get back to a 40 man roster provided they can
do it within 3 rounds. There will never be more than 36 picks made in the Supplemental draft.

These are the rules for [i:c0e6b7aab9]this[/i:c0e6b7aab9] league and are posted on page 1...there is no other way to interpret a rule that is not stated.
Last edited by thisisdan26 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thisisdan26

Postby KEITHLAMONT » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:27 pm

Those rules are the exact same ones on the page 1 of uskl3 & ill put my money on kavisdads&niners interpretations of those same rules over anyone on TSN.
KEITHLAMONT

Postby thisisdan26 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:34 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, which I dont doubt you will do, but I do not see a rule in that list of rules that says anything about not being able to pick a player that lost his prospect eligibility (according to the prospect rules) in this draft. I don't care who says otherwise, you cannot interpret rules that don't exist.
thisisdan26

Postby KEITHLAMONT » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:40 pm

Ask hawk or smitty they are vets familiar with the rules & can explain them better than I ever could. The long & the short is we are playing the 2008 season so our drafts/rules are based on the 2008 season. Hawk&smitty I would really like to hear you guys weigh in on this.
Last edited by KEITHLAMONT on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KEITHLAMONT

Postby Rally Sally » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:44 pm

[quote:7a834787e7]Correct me if I'm wrong, which I dont doubt you will do, but I do not see a rule in that list of rules that says anything about not being able to pick a player that lost his prospect eligibility (according to the prospect rules) in this draft. I don't care who says otherwise, you cannot interpret rules that don't exist.[/quote:7a834787e7]

This is why we need a clear interpretation of the rules. The whole "the rules don't say that I can't do X" argument makes me feel like I've been cheated out of something, when in fact I just didn't take the time to find loopholes in the draft. This league should be more about baseball, and less about logic puzzles.
Rally Sally

Postby TefJ » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:30 am

My upcoming pick is available for a decent RP.
TefJ

Postby thisisray » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:28 am

This is my first keeper league. I don't know exactly how things are run in other keeper leagues, so all help is welcome. I should have stated the restrictions before the draft started. That being said, I don't feel like the rules are very descriptive, because not having played in a league like this before I see no problem with picking Mazzaro. There are people with much more experience than me and if they have all been run the way klx says then I have no problem with doing that. I don't want to have problems with the league and people getting mad at each other. This should be something fun to do and not an argument between fellow players. If players with more experience would like to tell us what is going on then feel free because you have been through drafts before. I don't feel like writing an essay to you before I go to work. I would like to just come on here and see who has been picked. I am not going to argue about this anymore. From what I have read, he is ineligible and all players like him are. That has been the only pick so far, so it seems like everyone has all been on the same page of who to draft. I will do my best to make sure the restrictions are stated before the draft and don't mind help from anyone. Now that that is over, lets enjoy strat :D
thisisray

Postby thisisdan26 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:50 am

[quote:7f5129251e="Rally Sally"][quote:7f5129251e]Correct me if I'm wrong, which I dont doubt you will do, but I do not see a rule in that list of rules that says anything about not being able to pick a player that lost his prospect eligibility (according to the prospect rules) in this draft. I don't care who says otherwise, you cannot interpret rules that don't exist.[/quote:7f5129251e]

This is why we need a clear interpretation of the rules. The whole "the rules don't say that I can't do X" argument makes me feel like I've been cheated out of something, when in fact I just didn't take the time to find loopholes in the draft. This league should be more about baseball, and less about logic puzzles.[/quote:7f5129251e]

I dont quite understand what youre saying....If no one in this keeper league was ever in another keeper league where [b:7f5129251e]THEY[/b:7f5129251e] interpreted the rules differently, then no one would have a problem with the pick seeing as how there is NO rule against it. But seeing as how klx and hawk have been and seen the unwritten rule take affect then that is why there is an uproar. Also, it is not like I took the time to find loopholes...I was researching players, found Mazzaro, checked the rules, and made the pick.
thisisdan26

Postby nythawk129921 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:52 am

I am in this keeper league,NAKL,USKL 1,2 and 3,HCKL,GMKL,and 200/60 and though they all have rules slightly different they are all the same when it comes to supplemental draft picks.The only eligible players in a supplemental draft are any players that have played in the major leagues prior to the season that is being played(i.e.prior to the 2009 season)The only league that was different prior to this season is USKL2 in that the only players that were eligible in the supplemental draft were the left over carded players from the previous season.That rule has since been amended where any player is eligible in the supplemental who has played in at least 1 game prior to the season being played(basically the same rules now as the other keeper leagues)
nythawk129921

Postby nythawk129921 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:58 am

Now when it comes to prospect drafts they are all the same except for HCKL.[b:baa4629dcc]In the prospect drafts any player is eligible to be taken as long as they have no major league time prior to the current season,hence Massaro would be eligible for the prospect draft but ineligible for the supplemental draft.[/b:baa4629dcc]
You all have to remember that our second prospect drafts are all held at least a month or 2 after the MLB season has begun and that is why a player like Massaro would still be eligible after he has already made an appearance in a major league game.Each league is also pretty much set up where you can keep a prospect on your prospect list for 2 season after you have drafted him before you have to decide whether to promote him to your 40 man roster or releasing him outright regardless of whether he has made it to the major leagues or not.

All leagues are the same when it comes to draft eligible prospects(except for HCKL).
nythawk129921

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat