Major League Keeper League

Re: Trade

Postby KEITHLAMONT » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:04 pm

[quote:c0451d81e6="jagman28"]Jagman2882 sends 2 2nd round picks to jehale for 1st round pick in the supplemental draft

jehale to confirm[/quote:c0451d81e6]

This trade too, needs reworked then.
KEITHLAMONT

Proposed Resolution

Postby KEITHLAMONT » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:30 pm

In order to keep all 3 trades in tact, I will accept Dan sending me back my 2nd round Spring FA pick in an ammended trade to our deal in lue of his 2nd round supplemental pick & that will keep Dan&jag's & jags&jehale trades legit.

Dan to confirm resolution.
KEITHLAMONT

TRADE

Postby bvargus » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:44 pm

The PA Panthers are sending their 4th round pick in next year's FA draft to aray for Elijah Dukes. Aray to confirm.
bvargus

Postby bvargus » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:07 am

In regard to the Bizzarro Mazzarro situation, which I am labeling it because it seems really strange to me that anyone would suggest that a pick should be vacated because of what someone (I don't even know who he is) from another league wrote to members of that league. What does any of this have to do with us? Even if his thoughts, or other leagues rules, had any impact on us (which they don't), it's all after the fact, anyway. You can't expect Dan to have known based on what someone else wrote to someone else in another league.
[quote:b6b1b90d44="klx22"]It doesnt matter what league this is, if we are playing under the same rules there are no different interpretations, unless a change was voted on by the group & then placed into the rules. Thats like saying Im in Ohio & you are in Indiana & we in Ohio can interpret the constitution differently then they do in Indiana.[/quote:b6b1b90d44]
They do have different laws in Ohio and Indiana. They have different rules in the American and National leagues as well. Your argument is like an AL team saying, "Hey, you can't use a DH because I checked the NL rules and they don't use it."
Our own rules don't specify any limits on who can be taken in the Supplementary, and you can't change, or add, after the fact. The Commissioner of this league has made his ruling, and that should be that.
bvargus

Postby TefJ » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:49 am

I don't think it's fair that, when Aray and I made a mistake, a pick was immediately forfeited, yet the trading of picks people no longer have may have a resolution (hasn't been ruled on yet). If you make a mistake, it should be either:

a) You have 24 hours (or until the pick in question) to rework the deal or make another trade.

or

b) The commish decides what the deal and situation actually is.

I'm fine with either, I just think it should be consistent.
TefJ

Postby thisisray » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:07 am

[quote:4e0da0403b="WPWangfuddle"]I don't think it's fair that, when Aray and I made a mistake, a pick was immediately forfeited, yet the trading of picks people no longer have may have a resolution (hasn't been ruled on yet). If you make a mistake, it should be either:

a) You have 24 hours (or until the pick in question) to rework the deal or make another trade.

or

b) The commish decides what the deal and situation actually is.

I'm fine with either, I just think it should be consistent.[/quote:4e0da0403b]

I actually was looking at the general rules when I made the decision on Aray.

8) You cannot trade draft choices that you do not own. This means that if you trade a 9th round draft pick, you must release as many players as necessary to insure that you will have a 9th round pick. For example, you have a 40 man roster, and you have acquired an extra 2nd, 3rd, and 6th round draft picks during the year. You have also traded away
a 7th and 9th round draft pick. This means you must release at least 12 players prior to the draft to insure that you will have a 9th round pick.

My thought process was that you can not own a 4th pick in the draft because you can only make 3 picks. I understand this rule was towards the spring FA draft, but was not clear to what draft. I am guessing klx will tell me that is incorrect and it is not like that in all keeper leagues, but I have no clue of that because this is my first keeper league along with being in the NAKL.

I thought I was enforcing the rules because to me you can't own a pick that you can't even make. Klx, you might be upset again, but that is the way I see it and you will have to forfeit a pick [b:4e0da0403b]or[/b:4e0da0403b] Aray can take his pick back and then forfeit his last pick once he comes to it if he has had 3 picks already.

I put Aray back on for his other pick in the 3rd round because I have a feeling it would just be easier to say that you have to forfeit the pick when it comes to the pick. Hopefully everyone understands my thought process :?
thisisray

Postby KEITHLAMONT » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:31 pm

Im fine with forfeiting my 3rd round pick. I will be retaining both of my 2nd round picks & not reworking my previous trade. Dan&jag & jag&jehale will have to rework their deals. Guys, Im not here to cause problems or be a pain in the butt. Im a by the book guy & always have been. If I see something that is not by the book, Im going to point it out. On the flip side, if Im in violation of something, I want it pointed out to me. I agree w/WPW about the pick forfeiting thing, I dont care what the call is, as long as its consistant. Aray&WPW had to forfeit picks, where jagman was allowed to work a trade with his extra pick. Lets put this behind us & move forward. :)
KEITHLAMONT

Postby thisisray » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Aray will keep the pick and from now on that will be the way it is applied. klx you can have your pick also and when the time comes if you still own your 4th pick then you will have to forfeit it. Same goes for Aray. I apologize to Aray for the call by me, but now everything is fair and hopefully everyone is happy.

I appreciate anyone pointing things out that are not by the book because I miss things sometimes. I have no problem having help from you guys and appreciate it when you do. Thank you klx for taking over the team and I am glad to have you in the league. Now lets get these trades fixed and get the draft going! :D
thisisray

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat