Fantasy Brilliance:Can a team named "Panzer Ace" win it all?

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Fantasy Brilliance:Can a team named "Panzer Ace" win it all?

Postby chess2899 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:56 pm

I have gotten so tired of my losing teams so that I decided to name my new team "Panzer Ace" after one of the strongest shark managers in the 80s. Surely a name that inflicts pain and fear into the hearts of fellow managers can get me a few psychological brownie points. The real Panzer wins a Championship 50% of the time and I would settle for a lot less. The real Panzer Ace also excels in the Kingdom where I lost 100 games the last time I played there.

This league has quite a few sharks with Outta Leftfield, FletchGriswold, and Maz69, but can they reallystand-up against my team named Panzer Ace? Unfortunately, this is a "pitching park" league so my Kingdom team looks and smells like an isolated dinosaur. My Panzer team lacks quality starting pitching and a shortstop, but how will my team name impact the season?

We shall see, but if this works, you'll be seeing many more "team names" associated from the 80s Top 10 manager list in my future leagues.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/80s/team/team_other.html?user_id=149420
chess2899

Postby voovits » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:01 pm

That's a heck of a lot of power. If this is a pitchers park league, you'll do just fine at home, but probably struggle on the road.

The team name Panzer Ace alone should be good for a minimum 90 win season.

Perhaps one day someone will name their team Voo Vits =)
voovits

Postby Jimmy_C » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:37 pm

WOW...I wish I had thought of that!!

The pen is 1st class. And you won't have a power shortage...at least at home. There was a time when you'd get in an auto-league and there would be 5 Kingdomes in the league. Guess that isn't the case here.

Templeton is a lock to lead the league in errors, and Vegas still says Panzer Ace takes the league.
Jimmy_C

Postby Panzer ace » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Too funny chess.... :lol:
If this teams wins, I can see future posts......

Subject-"Help with new team"-

"Help, I am in a league with 3 Panzers, 2 Yountfans and a MoodyKatz. How does my team look?"..... :shock:
Panzer ace

Postby chess2899 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:43 pm

:lol: Love that name, "MoodyKatz". I think Adam Katz and MoodyWoody would be flattered. I can't believe Jimmy C hasn't started a theme league yet with Top 30 Managers names or split names. You could also create the Panzer Ace 1 thru Pancer Ace 12 league guaranteeing a Panzer Ace Championship.

I can already see psychological ramifications after 2 days. After hitting 12 homers in my Kingdome debut, the transaction list is very active.

My team on base % is .297 and Templeton is my leading hitter. :roll:

Thanks for the comments! I'll let you know at the end of the season if "Panzer Ace" wins another! :D :D :D
chess2899

Postby echo22 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:16 pm

I can't wait until Chess releases his inner Diva!
echo22

Postby Panzer ace » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:46 pm

Looks like another playoff berth for "Panzer"......lol
Panzer ace

Postby chess2899 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:45 pm

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/80s/team/team_other.html?user_id=149420

Less than 2 weeks to go, and the team named "Panzer Ace" is 4 games in first followed by 3 very good teams in the West. Of great concern is FletchGriswold's "Hammers", a monster slugging team located in Oakland.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/80s/team/team_other.html?user_id=149422

My leftfielders have been a traveling circus. I lost Guerrero to his bad year, had a nonproductive Raines and Pasqua, and now have the .200 batting Bo Jackson. I did pick up twice dropped Will Clark in his 1987 year (the best) and to move McGwire to 3rd base who has been a defensive phenom. :roll:

Bottom line, the name "Panzer Ace" does appear to instill fear into the hearts of the other managers. During the course of the season, they seemed to pay more attention to my team than their own. The intimidation remains even though it is really obvious that I am "chess" and not the real Panzer.

I am entering a new league this week and have decided to again name my team "Panzer Ace." If any other manager out there wants a peice of me, come on and join.

Of couple of weeks ago, when my last league ended, the real Panzer Ace collected another ring.

It is time for me to do the same! :D :D :D
chess2899

Postby ROBERTLATORRE » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:59 pm

[quote:af8d36b919="Panzer ace"]Too funny chess.... :lol:
If this teams wins, I can see future posts......

Subject-"Help with new team"-

"Help, I am in a league with 3 Panzers, 2 Yountfans and a MoodyKatz. How does my team look?"..... :shock:[/quote:af8d36b919]

Yeah, their all losing to the "Jablowmi's"
ROBERTLATORRE

BIG MAC

Postby fatdaddy054 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:39 pm

AHHHHHH, the Panzer Ace reduxe shows up in the league. Glad to have you in competition brother.

Waivers will tell if you can "wow" me for the big Mac. Reggie is a good start but what else will you have to offer? Looking forward to further dialog on this subject.

Best of luck
fatdaddy054

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s