Fantasy Brilliance:Can a team named "Panzer Ace" win it all?

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Postby chess2899 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:10 am

Yes, with one day left, the Pseudo Pancer Ace team wins the West in the Kingdome and starts prepping for the playoffs getting ready to face Outta Leftfield, an experienced shark.
Luckily, OL has had some difficulty with the real Panzer so my chances are good.

Bottom line: A team named "Panzer Ace" did make the playoffs after the name change. HAL must recognize this name as a proven winner which almost guarantees a playoff spot every time. The name intimidation factor appears to have worked in that managers were hesitant to make changes, and they also spent too much time staring at the Panzer team.

I have entered a new league with a new "Panzer Ace" team. I am looking forward to making the playoffs 90% of the time with my new strategy.

Thanks Panzer for giving me motivation, ambition, and the creativeness to emulate your teams! :D :D
chess2899

Postby Panzer ace » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:01 pm

How is the playoff run going? By the way, if you win, I think I should get the trophy for one day to tour with it just like the Stanley Cup... :wink:
Panzer ace

Postby chess2899 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:44 pm

"Panzer Ace" swept thru the Semi-finals on home run power. I now wait to face power pitching from Clemens, or Hershiser, Gooden, Scott,

The name is worth at least one free credit! :D :D :D
chess2899

Postby Jimmy_C » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:06 am

I'd have to say that of all the winning strategies I've seen posted on the boards over the years...this one is the BEST. How can you miss? Brilliant Chess...
Jimmy_C

Team named Panzer Ace Wins Title!

Postby chess2899 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:09 am

Jimmy, your Vegas odds were right on target. My team named "Panzer Ace" ended up going to a game 7 and winning, coming back from a 3-0 Finals deficit against the 94 win Wild Card team, "The Resistance" (Entropy8686) playing in his 1st league to win the Championship. (HAL loves wildcards). Beating Gooden, Scott, and Hershiser in games 5,6,and 7 was highly stressful.

I have never come back from a 3-0 deficit, (having blown some) so the name "Panzer Ace" does make a difference. I am currently playing in a league with my second Panzer team and am holding onto 1st place in another wild, wild West.

This team hit 382 homers led by McGwire (72) and Grich (55), so I was blessed with power even with Guerrero being dropped in a bad year.

I appreciate the support from the real Panzer Ace. :D Obviously naming a team after a winning manager does pay big dividends. :D I have a few other Strat friends who are now considering naming their teams "Panzer Ace" for future league events.
chess2899

Postby Panzer ace » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 am

Congratulations Chess. An interesting note, I too won a champioship in a game 7 on the same night. Perhaps Hal had to keep us together... :lol:
Panzer ace

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s