The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:51 pm

[quote:e92c16c63f="kaviksdad"][quote:e92c16c63f="Detroit-Tigers"]I drop Dmitri Young to make my 40.[/quote:e92c16c63f]

You mean Delwyn Young DT? I don't show you having Dmitri, just Delwyn and Chris Young.[/quote:e92c16c63f]

[b:e92c16c63f]Still waiting for you to clarify this Detroit[/b:e92c16c63f]
kaviksdad

huge game

Postby qksilver69 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Not only is it gm 7 for this league, if I win it'll give me the Grand Slam of keepers - USKL (original), GMKL, HCKL - all 3 titles at the same time.

Pressure is on, have to hope Timmy holds up. Luckily Davis plays a decent 3B and Tatis is not a bad backup DH in this scenario, see if we can eke out 1 more win after a back & forth series...
qksilver69

Postby Stoney18 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:28 pm

[quote:07fe72eb7d="kaviksdad"][quote:07fe72eb7d="kaviksdad"][quote:07fe72eb7d="Detroit-Tigers"]I drop Dmitri Young to make my 40.[/quote:07fe72eb7d]

You mean Delwyn Young DT? I don't show you having Dmitri, just Delwyn and Chris Young.[/quote:07fe72eb7d]

[b:07fe72eb7d]Still waiting for you to clarify this Detroit[/b:07fe72eb7d][/quote:07fe72eb7d]

Yes, DT had Delwyn Young on his roster and was dropped after the trade on 9/20 put him over the 40 man roster.
Stoney18

CONGRATS TO DT

Postby qksilver69 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:56 pm

DT takes gm 7 by a 2-1 score, Halladay went 6 and gave up 1 run, then gave way to Rivera who shut us down for 3 innings.

Timmy did his best, going the distance and striking out 15, but he was touched for 6 hits & 5 BB.

Great series, tip of the cap to DT, nice team. I'll be back in it next year.

A little preview (need to salve my wounded pride):

vs RH:

SS Asdy Cabrera
LF Johnny Damon
RF Garrett Jones
1B Adrian Gonzalez
C Brian McCann
DH Adam LaRoche
3B Evan Longoria
CF Nate McLouth
2B ???

PHs Hafner, Dickerson

SPs: Lincecum, Lester, Buchholz, Scherzer, Price
Closer: Soriano
qksilver69

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:52 am

Thank you qksilver- I was really sweating it. I knew Timmy might have his number so I made a few changes- I was really agressive with my relievers to make sure Mariano and Soria would come in early and hopefully win the game. Mariano went 3, but his last hitter he ended up R2 (from R9). He had just enough. I also put Edmonds in CF, but I think that might have cost me a run giving Damon the single in the first inning.

Unfortunately I have a long way to go next year-

SS- Han Ram
2B- O Hudson/Castillo
3B- Chipper
CF- Gardiner

Wow that is sparce- especially when i have to list Chipper who had a horrible year.

Fortunately I have some pitching-
Carpenter
Washburn
Marquis
Bedard
Halladay
Soria
Mariano Rivera

I guess I will find out if good pitching does beat good hitting....
Detroit-Tigers

Postby Stoney18 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:22 am

Congrats DT!! Great series by two good teams.

I wonder if Girardi would have the nads to use Rivera for a 3 inning save. :D
Stoney18

Postby Stoney18 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:25 am

Speaking of next year,

C - ??
1B - Helton/Morales
2B - Polanco
3B - Arod
SS - Aybar/Ocab
OF - Ethier/Kemp/Lind

Pineiro
Wainwright
Baker
Outman
Jurrjens

Frod
Sherrill
M Gonzalez
Meyer
Valverde

I'm liking.
Stoney18

Next year

Postby Ninersphan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:27 am

Hmm, some parts I like, some ehh not so much:

C Suzuki/Olivio (Soto-can you say sophmore slump?)
1b Overbay/Lee ( Wrlcome back Derek :D )
2b Hill ( Ditto arron)
3b Reynolds/Rolen One for pop the other for D
ss Brendan Ryan :shock:
LF Nelson Cruz
CF Bourn Sizemore. (trading for him lokks worse and worse, damn you qk :wink: )
RF Drew/Seth Smith
DH Ibanez

I've definlty got some mashers, just not sure I've got enough OBP.

Pitching?? What that??

I have Haren and Danks for good starters and then 6 guys that suck
and the pen isn't much better. I'll be looking to make some deals in all liklihood.
Ninersphan

Breaking news ...

Postby cirills » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:09 pm

AP 9:05 EST

The Pittsburgh Pipers (formerly the Sandlot Shrinks) have fired their long time and successful General Manager - Sandy. As reported earlier, the club was very disappointed by their second had performance. Even though they still finished with the 4th best record in the league, they wound up a distant 3rd in their own division. Sandy has shown great loyalty to his players over the years, and apparently was differing with management over the best course too take next year. The team promises lots of changes for their fans in order to get back to their previous dominance. Sandy leaves with one World Series to his credit.

He will be immediately succeeded by the recent winner of the USKL title - Detroit-Tigers. D-T has a terrific winning percentage over the years and should be able to fill Sandy's shoes admirably. The Shrinks have a lot of talent returning and some of the game's best young prospects, so the pressure will be on him right off the bat.

Said Sandy on his departure "I will miss the HCKL. I (we) had a lot of success here and have built some lasting relationships. But in this is not a bad thing for me. I have been wanting to spend more time with my family for a while, and I could no longer run two teams effectively (Sandy is also the GM of a team in the GMKL where he has yet to win a title. He did win a title in the USKL but retired from running that team at the end of last year). Sandy continued by saying, "I also have never been a fan of doing an early FA draft in this league and that was one of the reasons I almost retired last year (ironically his successor then was to be Detroit-Tigers who in fact held the position for a week).

But, it is time. Now I can concentrate on winning the title in the GMKL thus completing a career slam. If I do that, I think I will then retire from all of SOM. I really do want to spend more time with my family since my kids are older now, so I do not regret this firing one bit."

The team echoed those sentiments by saying, "Sandy will sorely be missed. He was the architect that put this team together, but we just decided it was time to go a completely different direction. This is not meant to be an insult to Sandy, whom we have no doubt will continue to be successful in the GMKL."
cirills

Postby Detroit-Tigers » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:17 am

bump
Detroit-Tigers

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat