First championship

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

First championship

Postby IUjapander » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:02 am

It took me 12 seasons and three trips to the finals, but I finally was able to win the series. I won the west division and then beat the top two teams in the playoffs (a 90+ win team, and a 100 win team).

I have to ask, have you ever seen a more rag tag, non star player team win a championship before? Other than Gwynn and Boggs (possibly Smith) there weren't any high priced stars. My pitching staff was average at best, and I should have dumped Soto after the first week.

Anyway just wanted to say that it feels good to finally win, and I wonder if this gimmick of single hitters with speed has worked for others in Royal Stadium.

Please let me know if the link below does not work.

[url]http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/80s/playoffs/team_other.html?user_id=153601&stats=sim[/url]
IUjapander

Postby Ducky » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:56 pm

Looking at that team and it's numbers, you are definitely the Manager of the Year. Pretty impressive winning the championship.
Ducky

Congrats

Postby djkalle » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:10 pm

Way back when, the Babes beat me and then you in the championship in one of the Rookie Crown Leagues. Congrats on getting that first title. It sure feels good, doesn't it.

Chuck
djkalle

Postby entropy8686 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:18 am

I've played 2 seasons(in my third now) and been in the finals up 3-1 after 4 games both times... couldn't win a game 5 or 6 either time and I lost game 7 both times with Hershiser pitching in his best year once, and the other game 7 was Soto pitching in his best year... it's brutal.
entropy8686

Re: Congrats

Postby IUjapander » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:11 am

[quote:d3dc8f9e98="djkalle"]Way back when, the Babes beat me and then you in the championship in one of the Rookie Crown Leagues. Congrats on getting that first title. It sure feels good, doesn't it.

Chuck[/quote:d3dc8f9e98]

Ah yes, that was my best team that I have assembled so far, and also won the most games for me. Then this team which I think is going to tank from the beginning wins the championship. Go figure. And yes even though I enjoy checking the stats every morning it makes it that much better when you win.
IUjapander

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s