LOTO(AKA League Of their Own) 05' CONSOLATION LEAGUE

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:35 pm

Well at least the Green Hornet dressed cool! 8)

Your team sounds like my latest 80's venture, lost every single series last week! :evil: It's amazing! I looked at the splits and every single player in my L/U sucked against righties and leveled lefties! What are the odds against such a thing?? Even my guys that should be sucky against lefties are killing them! Good thing I'm a patient owner or I'd take a wrecking ball to that team! :roll:
ANDREWLAITURI

Postby Stoney18 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:52 am

Now it's getting even more interesting. Nice run by the Cha Cha's.
Stoney18

Postby bigmahon » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:01 am

I can't believe what Rob is doing, given his run differential. :shock:

Obviously the sign of a great [b:4d3f5464e7]man[/b:4d3f5464e7]ager! :lol:
bigmahon

On day 53, My team was 19-34...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:54 am

While TRich's was 34-19...My team had the worst record in the League and was in the Division with the team with the best record...I still felt that my team was much better than their record, but if I wanted to have any chance in hell at making the post, I better make some changes - after several trades that didn't work out as I had hoped - Including Bonds, I finally landed a few players that seemed to click - Anderson in the cleanup spot as DH vs RH, improved my middle D with Everett and Harris and traded Rivera for Ryan, shored up the middle innings from the leftside and moved Lidge from setup to closer fulltime both sides and set my sights on the WC...

Which I was still 9 or 10 games behind with 9 teams I had to climb over - This was when TRich, who had best record most of the season, and Charlie looked as tho the Central and East were locked up and I believe BIG was still in 1st place by several games. A favorable schedule with a lot of games at Shea - including 2 separate sets at Penn's and 2 at Bigs, caused me to design a team that could win more at Shea than it would lose. Slowly and methodically, I began to take series after series - I think 9 in a row at one point, but was still sub .500...Then a sweep by either Ty or Charlie set me back and I thought the run of good luck might be over.

But i never ave up and maintained my focus thru some injuries and a couple of sweeps here and there, but the breaks just started falling in my direction and lo and behold, here i am right in the thick of an intense Division race and competing for the WC as well with several teams - With 12 games to go(2 sets with TRich, who for most of the season was thereason I fell so far behind.) He literally owned my teamin the 1st half. I think I may have been 2-10, if that...

So this has been quite a turnaround and an exciting run for this - My very 1st Shea team this year. Win or lose, it has been tremendous fun. The LOTO group always seems to bring out the best in my teams. I think it is because the level of competition is so good that you can never snooze.

Definitely a tribute to the tremendous players here. GL to the rest of the playoff hopefuls down the final stretch. I play my last 9 on the road....EEEK!
ROBERTVOZZA

BTW...On the subject of run differential...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:01 am

I have been winning a lot of 1 run games...but when I lose, I lose really big - like the 18-1 thrashing by the Canucks, but took the series 2-1. But it has been a typical scenario with this team. Aside from RJ, I don't think I have any players in the league leaders categories. Just a different hero every day. Definitely one of the most fun teams ever for me...

Time to finally get some sleep. :wink:
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby ANDREWLAITURI » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:16 am

Well 7 games back with 12 to play. It would take a miracle of epic proportions to pull of a post season appearance now. My 80's team is going to drive me nuts losing their first 8 series to start the season...UGH!

On a brighter note my new team got off to a nice start by winning their opening day series. I had to find something to cheer about this morning!
ANDREWLAITURI

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:06 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: Still have to play my last 9 on the road... :o
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby bigmahon » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:28 am

It's gonna be an interesting final 3 nights! Good luck everyone! :D
bigmahon

Postby ArrylT » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:34 am

A lot can happen in the next 3 days that is for sure. The sweep for me last night was pretty big, considering bigmahon swept as well. 24 games into the season I was 8-16, and there was no way I was thinking I would be tied for best record 6 weeks later. I also did not think rob would be the owner I would be tied with. He's made an incredible turnaround imho.
ArrylT

When my team was meandering w/ worst record...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:13 pm

And Maligned and I were talking trade, I told him that there were certain players he was interested in that I didn't want to trade yet because altho they were grossly underperforming, I felt that it would turn around. I also told him that I had the confidence to make the WC because I had a very favorable schedule prior to the last 36 game Divisional stretch...And If I didn't get myself into a position to have a chance by that time, I would trade himthe players he wanted...But I just really never gave up on this team when I was way back.

The other thing I told him was that AT's Questers(Who were just getting back to .500 at the time) were the team I thought would be the most difficult to beat because his Ballpark and team was the only one set up to beat everyone.

Probably sounds prophetic now, but I was just talking out of my butt... :lol: :wink:

What I didn't expect was that the other pieces would fall into place. Would anyone have expected TRich's, Charlie's or Big's teams - which had substantial leads earlier on to fall to the under .500 tams that were playing poorly? It has been quite an interesting and exciting season.

With 9 games left there are 7 teams going toe to toe for both their Divisions and the wildcard. And as BIG claimed - should be very interesting the next 3 nights. The weird thing is after being down all year and looking up at the frontrunners it wasn't as stressful as looking back.

In every sport or game I have ever played, I have always played much better when I was behind than when I was ahead. A pattern that has stayed with me right into this goofy game we grown men play and take so seriously. :lol: :wink:
ROBERTVOZZA

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat