3 Panzer Ace Teams in one league and a Panzer wins!

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

3 Panzer Ace Teams in one league and a Panzer wins!

Postby chess2899 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:49 pm

It was inevitable. After my team "Panzer Ace" raced to a Championship, the name "Panzer Ace" has re-appeared in my new league times 3. Panzer Ace (chess2899), T-H-E Panzer Ace (Jimmy C) and OMG...It's Panzer Ace (echo22) have all entered into this new league hoping to mimic the real Panzer Ace and grab a title. If the name does make a difference, we may see a Panzer vs Panzer final which would result in another Panzer Championship.

Perhaps the REAL Panzer Ace should charge licensing fees! Perhaps the REAL Panzer Ace should write a "How to" book and cash in on the unwanted publicity. Perhaps the REAL Panzer Ace should have entered this league and beaten all of our pseudo named butts.

Nevertheless, this will be a fun league and we'll keep up on all the Panzers throughout the season.

This is my team below. This is not a spectacular team, but it will suffice for the time being. You can also look at the other new Panzers and predict the leader. We are split in 3 divisions, so the playoff possibilities could be thrilling.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/80s/team/team_other.html?user_id=155001
Last edited by chess2899 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chess2899

The 3 combined

Postby roofinghorse » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:44 pm

26-10............ :)
roofinghorse

Postby Jimmy_C » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:16 am

Here's the standings page. Notice that my guys are the "slackers" in the tank brigade. We are a combined 33-12 at this point.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/80s/league/standings.html?user_id=155041
Jimmy_C

Postby voovits » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:48 pm

If I had any one of the other teams, I would just give up now.
voovits

Postby Panzer ace » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:20 pm

Wow. 51-21.....I didnt think I was that good... :shock: :lol:

I feel like a proud papa watching my kids drive their first tank....
Panzer ace

Funny

Postby roofinghorse » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:51 am

and unreal. :D
I'm going to the courthouse and change my name. I'm changing my kids names. My truck. It will be a Panzer Ace too. What else. Uh, my house, all my appliances will be Panzer Ace machines too.
Gotta love the new line of Panzer Ace washers and dryers coming out this fall. :D
Trademark pending.
roofinghorse

Panzer Ace Wins Again!

Postby chess2899 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Of course as projected, 2 "Panzer Ace" teams played for the Championship. My "Panzer Ace" team fought Jen's (Echo22) "OMG...It's Panzer Ace" team in the final. Both were Kingdome teams and I was lucky enough to edge out Jen.

The question continues to be: Can a team named Panzer Ace play above their abilities just by naming their team after the real Panzer Ace, who has the highest Championship total in 80s history?

The Evidence:

I played 32 leagues, making the playoffs 12 times and winning 2 titles.
As Panzer Ace, I played in 3 leagues, won 3 divisions, made the playoffs 3 times and won 2 titles.

The Math:

My normal league teams: 32 total, 12 playoffs (37.5%), 2 titles (6.25%)
As "Panzer Ace" teams: 3 total, 3 playoffs (100%), 2 titles (66.7%)

Conclusion:

Despite the small sample size as "Panzer Ace", I have been playing as an average player in 32 leagues prior to changing my name to a Panzer. The real Panzer makes the playoffs 90% of the time and wins the title about 50% of the time.

I have not become any smarter in the last 4 months as a Strat player. The incredible difference in playoff participation and high level of Championships as "Panzer Ace" along with abnormal standard deviation supports the theory that a name change to "Panzer Ace" does make a difference in the average players' abilities to make the playoffs and win a title.

There is even more support noting that this Panzer team played another Panzer team in the finals.

Recommendation: If you are an average player and haven't made the playoffs or won a title in some time, make your next team a "Panzer Ace" team and start decimating your competition. The real "Panzer Ace" would be so proud. :wink:

Chess
chess2899

Postby Panzer ace » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Congratulations to all the Panzers. I think it's only fair to point out that based on run differential, JimmyC's Panzer entry likely should have made the playoffs in this league too. Just to show that even a Panzer can have some bad luck.
I think I need to petition Bernie to give me partial credit for all the 'Panzer Crowns'. Maybe an assist column needs to be added to the manager rankings..... :lol:
Congratulations again Chess, and good luck with your next blitzkrieg.
Panzer ace

Postby Jimmy_C » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:21 pm

[quote:935c7986bd]Just to show that even a Panzer can have some bad luck.
[/quote:935c7986bd]
Your not kidding Panzer Ace. This team had (9) best cards (including Andujar who ends up 14-19, and Farr who ends up 5-6-7), (8) 2nd best cards, and (5) 3rd best cards. This team definitely should have made the playoffs, but ended up being a lesson in frustration.

Driving a tank is way harder than you make it look Panzer!! I'm going to stick to riding on the backs of Stratzillas from now on... :D
Jimmy_C

Postby echo22 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:41 pm

Congrats Chess.....I mean Panzer :wink: The Panzer magic certainly works for you.

Unfortunately for me my "Panzer" experiment ended like many of my teams. The league's best record and of course no WS victory. I just can't win in the playoffs. Doesn't matter if I have a Cy Young winner throwing in the deciding game or a bopping team like this one. I'm going to lose in the playoffs at a much higher rate than I should. Even the great Panzer name couldn't save me!

Anyway I'm back to being the Diva.
echo22

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s