Seanreflex league - Playoff time

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Postby seanreflex » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:58 pm

Sorry, Voovits .... here's how I see the playoffs:

Playoff teams: Hak, Moriarty, Yellow Dog, and JSam
Finals: Hak, Jsam
Champ: Hak

Hak's kicking butt, has a 3.34 ERA, and Hernandez and Sandberg haven't waken up yet. They will, guaranteed.

Moriarty built his team for his park, will not hit much on the road, but may not need to with that rotation.

YD - Fix your Bullpen, QUICK. SP is good, hitting is great

Jsam has it all - pitching, hitting, defense. How does Brunansky have 11 dingers already, but batting only .198? I LOVE Gorman Thomas at Fenway. Don't drop him!

Having said all that, there are way too many other good managers to count them out.

Have fun, gentlemen!

Sean
seanreflex

WHAT

Postby chasenally » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:32 pm

I am a force to be reckoned with over here. I am 10-20 after sweeping 3 from someone. Leon Roberts leads my team with 6 dingers. 1.13 salary. Puckett is hitting a robust .213 and Hough is setting them down with a 5.11 ERA and 1.30 WHIP but he don't lead the team at that. Rodgers has a 1.59 WHIP just ahead of Andujar and his 1.51 WHIP. I have a team OBP of .295 and a killer slugging of .344 at Riverfront. In 30 games I have been shutout ONLY 5 times and 2 one run games. Dawson has been a BIG DISAPPOITMENT. .347 .404 .541 What team does this guy thinks he is on! Watch out for the Raiders as NOW is looking for the coaches head. Come on Sean this is the team of the decade. JUST DON'T SCORE BABY! :shock: :lol: :roll:
chasenally

Postby voovits » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:47 pm

Your team is taking after its NFL counterpart. You should have named them after a real NFL franchise like the Dolphins. :)

Though unlike in the NFL, a few free agent moves mid season could turn things around for any team.
Don't be afraid to part with guys like Dawson who are not playing up to team standards. :wink:
voovits

Postby Hakmusic » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:04 pm

I like it. Sean is a genius, and it is his league so he should get to pick the winner....

Now I just have to hope there is no "seanjinx."

My hitting has been disappointing, I am lucky my pitching has held up so far. I sure hope that Sean is right and Sandberg and Hernandez start hitting.

Hope your doing well Sean, thanks for checking in.

Hak
Hakmusic

Postby voovits » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:55 am

What competition in the East! This is one of the toughest divisions I've ever been in so far.

Sean, have you changed any of your opinions so far? How's the rehab going? Hope all is well with you.
voovits

Postby Jimmy_C » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:00 pm

Your right about the East Voovits. We are playing each other very tightly (1 game difference in total), but we are 123-81 against the rest of the league. Sean picked Hak to take it all and right now that looks like a real good call as he is leading one very tough division.

There's a lot of play left though...
Jimmy_C

Postby seanreflex » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:12 pm

Guys,

this is a great league -- evertime I check in, different teams are in first place. Lots of fun!

Jimmy C ---thank you for the package, I really am loving the books. I'm glad you didn't get in trouble for buying those books in NY!! :lol:

Therapy is going well; I'll be ready for a league by January.

Thank you my friends. Best wishes during this holiday season,

Sean
seanreflex

Postby YountFan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Sean, vote for the DD hall of fame. To bad Boggs hasn't retired so you can show a little man-love
YountFan

Postby Jimmy_C » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:45 am

Hey Sean...Glad your enjoying them. I hope they help pass the time during rehab.

The BoSox book was a little tricky getting to the counter at Borders, but my trusty Eyeglass/Nose/Mustache disguise helped a lot. :D
Jimmy_C

Postby voovits » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:04 am

126 games in the books and we're starting that final stretch of division only games. All 3 divisions are exciting and will likely come down to the wire.

Also, as of this writing, 3 teams have an identical W/L record as their expected W/L and 6 teams are within 2 games of their expected W/L.

Any predictions for the stretch run?

It's been a great league so far. Here's to a great finish!
voovits

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s