1999: Riggo’s Bragging Rights League (AL vs. NL)

Our historical single season sets

Postby bucktide » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:13 pm

Bama Reds (Cinergy (Riverfront)) are also in. Let the good times roll.
bucktide

Just a note - AL teams and NL teams CAN trade, but only....

Postby gbrookes » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:28 pm

...but only if you end up with players from the wrong league on your team on the initial draft, and only to get players from the right league.
gbrookes

Postby RiggoDrill » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:55 pm

Hey, this is AWESOME!!! :D I was beginning to think the American League wasn't going to fill until sometime in April. :wink: :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
RiggoDrill

Re: Just a note - AL teams and NL teams CAN trade, but only....

Postby LMBombers » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:33 am

[quote:41d2dbf71f="Geoff Brookes"]...but only if you end up with players from the wrong league on your team on the initial draft, and only to get players from the right league.[/quote:41d2dbf71f]

Is this accurate? I think this could be dangerous. If you end up with an 8M player from the other league he is worthless to you and you could trade him for a 2M player that would help your team in return because you really had nothing to begin with. That would give an unfair advantage to the team from the other league that gets the 8M player wouldn't it?
LMBombers

Re: Just a note - AL teams and NL teams CAN trade, but only....

Postby FFNogoodnik » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:38 am

[quote:cda74894f4="LMBombers"][quote:cda74894f4="Geoff Brookes"]...but only if you end up with players from the wrong league on your team on the initial draft, and only to get players from the right league.[/quote:cda74894f4]

Is this accurate? I think this could be dangerous. If you end up with an 8M player from the other league he is worthless to you and you could trade him for a 2M player that would help your team in return because you really had nothing to begin with. That would give an unfair advantage to the team from the other league that gets the 8M player wouldn't it?[/quote:cda74894f4]

I asked about this on page 2 and was given an answer of "honor system". I may not of explained my concern well but you did a better job of it.

I do not have a better solution as I do not think you should be forced to simply drop your expensive "other league" players as that hurts you if you got shafted in the draft.

I was hesitant on signing up for the league for this precise reason (I am not a good trader), but after further thought, I realized this just becomes another thing that can effect anybody so it evens out. I am not sure who will get the most "other league" players but hopefully the group of owners we get will offer fair deals for thos other players.
FFNogoodnik

Postby KEVINEHLE » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:04 am

Look, only 7 to go!!

In regards to the trades, I agree that there really isn't a better idea out there. Hopefully, the trades are somewhat equitable. At the end of the day, if we can all spend around $80M, things should be competitive.

*Has anyone done the mathc for the '99 game. Can we all actually spend around $80M??

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby MFL536 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:22 am

I think trades between AL and NL but only for the purpose of AL team getting rid of a NL player they received in the draft and visa versa for NL team is acceptable at least if you are a AL team and get a 7mm or 8mm NL player you might have a chance of getting more bang for your buck than if you just drop that player.
MFL536

Postby keyzick » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:22 am

Bump for 3 more...

AMERICAN LEAGUE
1. RiggoDrill - Network Assoc. Coliseum
2. mbrake - Kauffman
3. Ulfie - Safeco Field
4. Geoff Brookes - Rogers Centre (SkyDome)
5. Hk Mossy - Ballpark at Arlington
6. Tom Pierce - Jacobs Field
7. FFNogoodnik - Fenway Park
8. Sam Hoff - Tiger Stadium
9. mfl536-Yankee Stadium
10. LMBombers - Tropicana
11.akindian - new cominsky
12. keyzick - Camden

NATIONAL LEAGUE
1. ehlekev - Coors Field
2. RedBeards - Veterans Stadium '99
3. RWhite411 - Turner Field
4. JDEVITTS- Olympic stadium
5. JMP 1 - Wrigley Field
6. Papasturgeon-Pro Players Field (Florida was NL, correct?)
7. toshiro - Astrodome
8. bucktide - Cinergy Field
9. CATom = Dodger Stadium
keyzick

Postby toshiro » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:03 pm

First team is in the West!
toshiro

Postby bucktide » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:21 pm

Why don't we say that trades after the draft between AL and NL teams must be within $3mil or lower in total value for each team. (ie: NL team get's $7mil OF and AL team get's $3.5mil SP and $2mil OF. $7mil for $5.5mil, this trade would work). This way we can set a guideline everyone could follow. As much as we would like to think we would only get our league players in the draft, I do not see this happening. Trading might be the only way to try to get equal value as not much talent will be left in waivers after 24 teams draft. Just a thought.
bucktide

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: 1969, 1986, 1999