70's Theme Leagues?

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

70's Theme Leagues?

Postby ALANVON BEHREN » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:59 pm

I've been playing mostly in the All-Time Greats (ATG) leagues and now have a 70's team going. In the ATG leagues, they have a lot of theme leagues going, but I haven't noticed any here.

For example, one format would be you could pick a franchise, such as the White Sox, and could pick any player who played at least one game for that team.

Do you guys over here ever have any theme leagues, such as each owner picks a franchise and can only choose players who are carded to that franchise?
ALANVON BEHREN

Postby JONCHUCKERY » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:25 pm

There have actually been many forms of theme leagues here in the past. Examples are drafting 2 franchises and using players from those, drafting 2 teams and playing with year specific rosters...A group of us recently played a league where each mgr nominated a stadium that was not to be used in the league and the remaining stadiums were randomly assigned with the intent of getting mgrs out of their comfort zone...I'm currently finishing a 5 season league where we drafted 2 franchises and used players from those teams in year specific leagues (i.e I hav the Red & White Sox and we are playing the years 1971/73/75/77/79).

Come up with a theme and specific rules so that all questions are answered and post a 12 numbered signup list and you'll see action...
JONCHUCKERY

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s