CD-ROM game: As much fun as TSN?

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

CD-ROM game: As much fun as TSN?

Postby Larryrickenbacker » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:25 pm

Howdy,

Out of curiosity I decided to order the SOM CD-ROM game and added the 1975 season (the 2008 season is included). How does this version compare for one person to play vs. simply using TSN's online version?

Larry

PS: I ordered my SOM game from TSN, of course!
Last edited by Larryrickenbacker on Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larryrickenbacker

Re: CD-ROM game: As much fun as TSN?

Postby ROBERTLATORRE » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Larry, check your PM.

Also, here's a link to my leagues/sims website. Just a sample of some CDROM gaming possibilities:

http://latorrer0.tripod.com/sombbmyleagues/index.html

Head to Head netplay, play by email, solitaire sims...lot's of different ways to play.

Rob
ROBERTLATORRE

Postby voovits » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:10 pm

I hope you purchased the game with the card image option. I couldn't imagine playing the game without it.
There are so many possibilities of things you could do with the CDROM game. The only limit is your imagination.
voovits

Postby ROBERTLATORRE » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:18 pm

[quote:f3e32767a4="voovits"]I hope you purchased the game with the card image option. I couldn't imagine playing the game without it.
There are so many possibilities of things you could do with the CDROM game. The only limit is your imagination.[/quote:f3e32767a4]

You said it Voovits!

If you bought the NON CARD IMAGE version ,SOM will allow you to exchange the game within a short time period after the purchase for the card image version. They won't let you exchange if you wait too long.
ROBERTLATORRE

Postby The Senators » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:13 am

That looks like alot of fun but very time consuming...I would love to do it but have neither the time nor the computer savvy. I wouldn't even know where to begin...I have all I can handle doing these leagues. Great job though and very interesting.
The Senators

Postby JONCHUCKERY » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:13 am

Maybe its because I'm not familiar with how to set up the games but I have not enjoyed the CD-rom version. Besides the 2008 season I also purchased the 77, 95, and 2 other seasons I can't remember now...my problem is that I want to put all the players into a pool and draft and play teams ala ATG here...for whatever reason I can't get it to work and have emailed Strat-o-matic only to get very little help

I'm sure its more of a "me" issue but to date I have been rather disappointed in the CD game.
JONCHUCKERY

Postby voovits » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:27 am

JMC, what you're trying to do is very similar to the way I play the game.
if you have any questions on what's giving you trouble, I'd be happy to help if I can.
voovits

Postby ROBERTLATORRE » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:14 pm

JMC, I can help out as well. Won't get into the specifics in the thread, but PM me and I can help.

A few of my friends also were lukewarm on the CDROM game. For IN GAME managerial play, it can't be beat. For GM game play, like here at TSN, the CDROM game comes up short. There is an autodraft feature and an auto trade feature which are OK, but no salary features.

I enjoy building teams and trading and evaluating talent, so the TSN game is terrific. But when I want to bench manage, the CDROM game has everything in there.
ROBERTLATORRE

Postby Ragnarokpc » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:15 pm

I would love to do some stuff with other people on the CDRom game. However, I only have version 10 atm. Still, would be a ton of fun.
Ragnarokpc

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s