Back in BTT80s: Tiger Stadium

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Back in BTT80s: Tiger Stadium

Postby The Conndor » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:35 pm

After a lengthy absence, I am putting my foot back into the BTT80 (and eventually BTT70s) ring. Even though I haven't been all that successful, I have always enjoyed the experience, especially the sense of companionship among die-hard managers. To anyone who remembers me, hi again; to everyone else, enjoy stomping on my teams again.

Now, a serious inquiry. I don't think I have played in Tiger Stadium before, but I let my friend pick the stadium for me, so: any recommendations for guys who seem to do well there? Thanks.
The Conndor

Postby YountFan » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:42 pm

You need left handed power in Tiger. Walk driven OBP helps to negate the lack of ballpark singles. I like Lynn, Van Slyke, Gibson, Thompson types.
YountFan

Postby The Conndor » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks YF, I thought as much... 2 of those 4 are on my draft list (waiting for league to fill). I guess I'm more looking for pitcher advice, or anyone else who is out of the ordinary as a guy to look for as a mid-season hitter replacement down the road.
The Conndor

Postby Panzer ace » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:31 pm

LHSP are a good match in Tiger stadium. If you are looking off the radar down the road...
Dwayne Murphy
Pasqua
Kruk
Bonilla
Nettles
Nokes
Someone on the list should be available and would be a nice fit in Tiger stadium.
Panzer ace

Postby YountFan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:46 am

I like Tom Browning in Tiger. Reverse lefties in general do well there. Higueria and Ferando also, but harder to get. Righties like Hough and Gubiza can put up good years also. Otherwise drop down to the Barker, Clancy types.
YountFan

Postby The Conndor » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:58 am

Thanks for the input. Higuera, Fernando, Browning all gone, gonna try for Viola, may also make room for Hough, a personal favorite. Lotsa lefty hitters out there, but I did well in waiver draft: Yount, Murray, Lynn, Gibson.
The Conndor

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s