Rodney Daingerfield Rudi

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Rodney Daingerfield Rudi

Postby Larryrickenbacker » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Howdy,

I posted earlier that I'd go ahead and give the seldom drafted Joe Rudi a try. I'm so glad.
After 282 AB, Rudi's BA: .294, OBP: .331 and SLG .450. Respectable numbers in the Astrodome, IMHO. He's already collected 19 Doubles and 7 HRs. He's never been injured and plays great "D". I'd consider drafting "The Modesto Miracle" again and all for under $6 mil.

Larry
PS: Rudi is [i:8dc5c37906]whipping[/i:8dc5c37906] RHP! He's not doing as well vs. Lefties..huh?
Last edited by Larryrickenbacker on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larryrickenbacker

Postby YountFan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:01 pm

that is a typical Rudi seaosn. The rap is that people think he is over priced, but he is a '1'
YountFan

Postby durantjerry » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Well, anyone can have a decent in the mystery card game and the fact that he's ripping RHP's might point to the fact that you have gotten a little lucky to this point. That being said, when I look at him, I kind of like him. However, as Yount Fan states, there are usually probably better options because of the cost. He seems like more of a #HR park player to me with a decent number of #HR chances on almost every card and he also does not have that big year that many others have. People aren't chasing consistency, they are chasing Willie McCovey. The lack of a big year combined with his price probably keeps him in the FA Pool. Definately looks like a solid citizen though and I think I will give him a whirl on my next 70's team.
durantjerry

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s