Kevin Seitzer

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Kevin Seitzer

Postby The Conndor » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Have any of you used Seitzer full-time as a 3B or DH? I have 4 guys (Lynn, Yount, Murray, Gibson) on very good cards, so I need someone to get on base in front of them. I am experimenting with Seitzer at 3B and batting 2nd: I figure, he has good OBP, moves runners along well, and runs the bases OK. Sure he is not so great playing 3rd, but my defense wasn't good before him, I'm willing to try him out while transactions are still 95%.

Any Seitzer feedback out there? Thanks in advance.
The Conndor

Postby voovits » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:02 am

It's been a long time since I used him full time.
I have had only 2 teams where he got 600+ plate appearances, both turned out to be his 1990 season, arguably his worst.
Don't ask why I never cut him, I have no idea myself. Both teams are very early in my strat playing career.
Perhaps that's why he has never accumulated more than 40 or so ABs for one of my teams since.

You could see his less than stellar stats:

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/80s/playoffs/team_other.html?user_id=84719&stats=sim

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/80s/playoffs/team_other.html?user_id=85030&stats=sim

Not to say he isn't worth a shot, but these numbers are also a real possibility.
voovits

Postby AdamKatz » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:41 am

If all 4 of those guys are on very good cards, why do you want one of them batting 6th?
AdamKatz

Postby The Conndor » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:32 pm

Thanks for links, voovits... and point taken, AK. Part of the reason I was trying Seitzer at 2nd in the lineup was, even though I was fairly certain about Murray and Gibson with respect to their cards, both were struggling, and I was preoccupied with OBP b/c I wasn't getting much production out of the 1 and 2 spots in lineup.

In any event, after 50 ABs Seitzer hitting .313 w/over .400 OBP, but with 4 errors and 0 extra base-hits. So, on last day of 95%, I dropped Bonilla, who wasn't doing much as my DH, picked up Cey to play third, and dropped Seitzer down in the order (Gibson and Murray heating up). The experiment continues, so far not bad.
The Conndor

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s