200/60 Keeper League- Year 4

Postby kaviksdad » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:16 pm

The league is set up:

200/60 Season 1
password: keeper

Bbasebrawl, Cubit and RiojaDave can load and fill the East.
kaviksdad

Postby bbasebrawl » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:44 pm

[quote:8a1c9e0f5d="Terry101"]Keith,

One draft. 48 players. 40 keepers from year to year. Two seasons. 200 mil, 60 mil. The only draft after the initial one is the 8 round non-serpentine. See number 5.

Here are the general rules:.

It will be a long-term keeper and would look like this.

1. A 48 player draft with a stadium (49 picks) (stadium to be changed, if desired, every two years) Draft to be held on draft site
2. No supplemental in-season draft.
3. A two-round non-carded player draft to be held in between the two "seasons". See below.
3. We will play two seasons each year:
Season one will be a 200 Mil league and season two (one year) will be a 60 mil league. The active rosters for the 200 will consist of 25- after the 132 game mark, rosters can be expanded to 28. Call ups are unlimited as long as no free agents are picked up and a 25 man roster is adhered to. In the case of an injury you may bring a player up, and that player will be released as soon as the injury situation is resolved. There are no roster limitations for the 60 Mil league 24-28.
4. Each year, after the first year, teams will declare their 40 man rosters. So, this means each team will have to release 10 players into the free agent pool. A player does not have to have aa card to be on teh forty man roster.
5. At the beginning of each year there will be a 8 player non-serpentine draft based on worst to best (regular season) records of the previous years (two-season record)
6. Bonus for winning the 200 Mil an 60 Mil leagues: The winner of each league will have an extra pick in the non-carded draft. So, let's say you win the 200 Mil the first year and you pick 9th in the non-carded draft. You then, at that spot, get two picks. In other words, you get three non-carded players instead of two. Same with the 60 mil league, except since that league is after the first non-carded player draft you would get your extra player the following year.

* Draft: League is called 200Mil/60Mil. Rant will not be available until Monday, [b:8a1c9e0f5d]No clock for the first round. Four hour clock including weekends, but no one will be skipped during the first four rounds. If there is a problem, the draft will be paused. Proxies are the key.[/b:8a1c9e0f5d][/quote:8a1c9e0f5d]

In reference to Kavik's statement on the free agent thread See item 4 above, looks to me like all prospects drafted have to be on your forty man roster to start the season and that prospects are not separated from your roster. In reference to owners getting extra draft picks I do not understand as all rosters should have began with 40 players before the free agent draft and therefore only eight rounds were needed. If trades were made to make an owner short then they should be short. If you made an uneven trade during the season you would be short so I see no difference now once your 40 man roster has been designated. Just my humble opinion and don't mean to ruffle feathers
bbasebrawl

Postby kaviksdad » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Thanks for the research Bbasebrawl - nice to know that what I thought is true.

In all the other keeper leagues I'm in if a manager is short of his full roster once the draft is done, then that manager (and any others that are short) get to fill out their rosters with supplemental picks at the end of the draft. These supplemental picks are done once everyone else has finished their draft, and the supplemental picks go in the same order as the regular draft.

This way everyone starts out with a full roster, but those that are short don't fill out there roster by impacting any of the other managers draft choices.

In our league I would assume that anyone that doesn't have a full 48 man roster after round 8 is finished gets to bring their roster to full strength with supplemental picks. And I only see Ironwill, Nythawk and Tcochran as needing supplemental picks.
kaviksdad

Postby Rant » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:01 pm

Looking for some relief help for this year, they don't need to be keepers. I'd also take a remaining draft pick

Anyone interested in swapping for any of these guys:

Kenji Johjima ca
Travis Ishikawa 1b
Kaz Matsui 2b
Pedro Feliz 3b
Marcus Thames lf/1b
Aaron Cunningham rf
Rant

Postby tcochran » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:06 pm

With the draft concluding, I expect it's appropriate to announce trades now, so...

tcochran trades Fausto Carmona to Rally Sally for Jim Thome
tcochran

Postby tcochran » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:07 pm

tcochran trades Carl Crawford and Derek Holland to Rally Sally for Rajai Davis and Fu-Te Ni
tcochran

Postby tcochran » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:08 pm

tcochran trades JP Howell to ironwill1 for Bronson Arroyo
tcochran

Postby Rally Sally » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:28 pm

[quote:2cf5de9073]tcochran trades Fausto Carmona to Rally Sally for Jim Thome [/quote:2cf5de9073]

[quote:2cf5de9073]tcochran trades Carl Crawford and Derek Holland to Rally Sally for Rajai Davis and Fu-Te Ni [/quote:2cf5de9073]

Trades confirmed.
Rally Sally

To Rant

Postby tcochran » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Rant, see PM, sent trade offer
tcochran

Postby ironwill1 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:43 pm

I confirm the Howell for Arroyo deal.
ironwill1

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat