Know When To Hold 'Em (Keeper League)

Postby SEANCALHOON » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:19 am

[quote:210603d4bd]Hooner...

Seanez is on Splinter's roster [/quote:210603d4bd]

Smackk, he wasn't on the keeper list...I think he is fair game.
SEANCALHOON

Postby SEANCALHOON » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:24 am

I just looked back for the trade, I will re-pick. Seanez is the property of Splinter.

Thanks for noticing that. I have re-picked.
SEANCALHOON

Postby Sykes25 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:57 am

Sorry to be a pain in the arse, but I think dropping players during a live draft sucks balls. This is confusing enough as it is. Live draft should have filled rosters to 25, and then let the FA period be the time to add/drop players.

I appreciate the effort put forth here, but I must agree with others who have posted previously that draft strategy would have been very different if we were allowed to drop players during a draft when we had to protect people before we started to draft.

Concept makes no sense. Why even post a keeper list? Just have people drop players as they pick. :roll:

I know I am cranky this morning, but just wanted to throw that out there because it would have bothered me more if I did not say anything.
Sykes25

Postby SEANCALHOON » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:42 am

FYI,

I have 5 picks left to make.

If anyone else would like to share their remaining pick #'s it might help with the draft speed.

Thanks

p.s. Sykes you are always cranky! Really though, while I do agree with Sykes that it might not be a sensible concept. If it was done last year, as noted, then I need to take advantage of the rule if I can.
SEANCALHOON

Postby geekor » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:28 pm

Sykes I am in 100% agrement with you, but since it was allowed, I did it so I could afford Carpenter. I don't think it should have been legal though....
geekor

Postby Sykes25 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:38 pm

As I said earlier, I'm just extra cranky lately. Normally I would not be bothered with this days after the first move like that, but having been away from SOM for the better part of 2 weeks, I took to heart some of the early complaints from others in this theme.

Just because we did it last year, doesn't make it right. It should have been publicized before the draft started as an FYI or reminder to say the least.

No matter to me though. I was happy with my squad last season/s and am pretty happy this year too. This whole draft was not essential for me to fix any holes in my squad that can't be fixed during a season.

Sorry to piss in anybody's Cheerios. :wink:
Sykes25

Postby TIMHAY » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:22 pm

Sykes...I get what you are saying. I don't remember it being allowed last year but have to admit that with multiple keeper leagues going and age creeping in, I might not be keeping everything straight in my head. :? I asked for clarification early in the draft and have based my draft choices on that info which is going to force me to release someone to stay under 80 mil.

By the way, weren't we allowed to keep one uncarded player from the previous year? :wink: I swaer I remember that... :wink: :wink: I'll keep SFLeftfielder from 2005! :D :D :D
TIMHAY

Postby geekor » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:33 pm

Damn I am desperate for cash!

anyways my last drop,[b:e758744ea2] I am letting Posada go[/b:e758744ea2]. I have less than 9 mill for backups, a bullpen and a 1b :shock:
geekor

Postby SEANCALHOON » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:19 pm

Sykes your welcome to piss in my cheerios anytime, considering I am a granola guy, it aint going to happen anytime.

Regardless, I really value your opinion in SOM, and I think this needs to be addressed at some point soon for [u:50028a0edf]NEXT[/u:50028a0edf] year. I think this was originally posted as a 3-year keeper, but I love playing with you guys and would like to continue on.
SEANCALHOON

Postby lumbercompanysouth » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:31 pm

Sorry about the controversy ..Should have just held them and dropped during the FA Period ..Didn't gain any real advantage 550k... In hind sight I should have shopped Matheny for a pick....I too have enjoyed this group from the back row...
lumbercompanysouth

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat