Now available: Stats for players you've dropped

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Now available: Stats for players you've dropped

Postby bernieh » Tue May 04, 2010 10:31 am

You can now [b:03c2d84413]review stats for all the players that you've either dropped or traded away[/b:03c2d84413], right underneath your current roster's stats, for all of your teams, past and present!

If you go to Your Team, you'll see a note at the upper right of your roster display that says, "[b:03c2d84413]hiding[/b:03c2d84413] x player(s) no longer on your roster ([u:03c2d84413]show[/u:03c2d84413])":

Click on the "show" link and the page will be amended with all players that have played for your team but are no longer on it. They'll be prefixed with a "#" and will be grouped underneath your active players for each of the pitchers and hitters displays.

Notes:
- You won't see the message or the "show" link if you have no stats for players that have left your team.

- If you see something that's broken, either as part of this new functionality or caused by it, please let me know. In all honesty, I don't have the resources/time to test things like this as rigorously as I should.

- Reminder: I'm now able to make a forum thread appear in more than one forum, and this thread (cross-posted to appear in both the '70s and '80s forums) is an example of this new (internal) functionality. This will allow me to make announcements or hold discussions in one central thread, and have all replies go to one place, while being visible in multiple forums. This has a hopefully very small side effect: you'll notice that the link towards the top of this post says "The '70s Game", and it would send you to the '70s forum, even if you came here via the '80s forum. Hopefully that is overshadowed by the significant benefits of this new functionality.

Enjoy!

p.s. This isn't the "significant announcement" I teased last week. That'll come probably on Thursday.
bernieh

100 most recent transactions

Postby MikeDeVito » Tue May 04, 2010 10:50 am

Thank you, Berieh! This enhancement has satisfied my request to see the all of the transactions for the entire season. As a matter of fact I think it's better. NOW BRING ON BTT 90's.
MikeDeVito

Postby Yellow_Dog » Tue May 04, 2010 11:29 am

This is a great update for the mystery games.

Excited about the Thursday announcement, but trying not to get my hopes up too high.
Yellow_Dog

HUGE!

Postby ROBERTLATORRE » Tue May 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Thank you Bernie!!!

(unfortunately I can now see how many bad moves I make...LOL)
ROBERTLATORRE

Postby voovits » Tue May 04, 2010 1:27 pm

That makes things so much easier when trying to hunt down stats of a free agent.
On that note, I now can not see any players on my opponents teams at all in the league "80s Live Draft". It only looks like that league is the problem, a quick look at a few other leagues seem fine.
Also, the western conference standings seem to be missing from the front page on the 80s league "Barnstormers Round 4 League 5".
Now this team is 2 games into the playoffs, and shamefully, it's been a while since I've taken an 80s team to the playoffs, so that may be normal, but I just forgot. However again, a quick look at a few other leagues, and they're all fine.

Edit: Regarding the issue with the 80s live draft league; I could see the players on opponents rosters only if I click on "real-life stats". None of the other options show the players.

You mentioned you don't have enough time to test things as thorough as you should, and that's understandable. However, if you ever need someone to help beta-test something, I and I'm sure many others here would be glad to help out.
voovits

Postby Ducky » Tue May 04, 2010 2:07 pm

Bernie,

This is so cool. It is nice to be able to see your drops in one place instead of trying to hunt them down.

Thank you!
Ducky

Postby The Conndor » Tue May 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Bernie,

I am experiencing the same problem as voovits in TSN 35724: I am no longer able to view any players on other teams, unless I offer a trade to them. If I click on any other team in the standings, the team's cumulative stats show, but not the individual player stats. This is my only current team.

That said, this is an awesome development, I can live with a little glitch like this, and this team isn't anything to write home about anyways. A tip of the cap once again to you, Bernie.
The Conndor

Postby The Senators » Tue May 04, 2010 6:19 pm

This is quite humbling...I'm an idiot.
The Senators

Postby bernieh » Tue May 04, 2010 6:25 pm

[quote:da13a24915="voovits"]On that note, I now can not see any players on my opponents teams at all...[/quote:da13a24915]
Fixed; sorry about that...
bernieh

Postby rvalente01 » Tue May 04, 2010 6:54 pm

This really is a neat enhancement. I agree with Senators only problem is seeing former players who thrive elsewhere. :cry:
rvalente01

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s