Republican/Democrat Theme League Chat

Republican/Democrat Theme League Chat

Postby Jeepdriver » Sat May 08, 2010 2:41 pm

[b:54d9f2608d]REPOST OF RULES:[/b:54d9f2608d]

Jeep's newest theme league! If you think Republicans and Democrats can't get along in D.C., how will they get along in Strat? My guess is likely the same.

[u:54d9f2608d]Particulars: [/u:54d9f2608d]
$80mil '09 League
12 teams
Advanced
DH
Waivers
Prog. Drops

[b:54d9f2608d]Republican/Democrat Theme League Rules: [/b:54d9f2608d]

1. Sign Up as a Republican or Democrat and place yourself in a Division. Two Repubs and Two Dems in each Division.

2. You may play as either party, for example if one side fills up quickly and there's seats (spots) left that's not your party, but you still want to play, you can. The idea is to try and get 6 & 6 though for lively league discussions.

3. Park Choice: Democrats park is to be from a team who plays its home games "left" of the Mississippi River, and Republicans obviously from a team "right" of the Miss. River. Busch and Metrodome excluded due to being "on" the Miss. River. Stadiums are not unique.

4. Roster requirements: Democrats must roster players that lean "left" and Republicans must roster players that lean "right". There's a couple of exceptions below. A lefty leaning hitter for example is someone who is 1L, 2L, etc. Conversely a righty leaning hitter is someone who is 1R, 2R, etc. A pitcher is the same.

5. Each team is allowed two (2) "defectors". A defector is a player that doesn't correspond to rule 4. IOW, A democrat could have (2) righty leaning players and a republican (2) lefty leaning. The two defectors must be one hitter and one pitcher.

6. Each team is allowed two (2) "Independents". An independent is a player (hitter or pitcher) that is "E", or no slant. The two independents must be one hitter and one pitcher.

7. Every team will obviously get in the autodraft ineligible players. These guys must be dropped ASAP either during waivers or right after waivers. These players can be traded after the autodraft process and before waivers. After waivers, however, the players must be dropped and dropped ASAP as previously mentioned. After waivers, during pre-season and all season you may trade only with your fellow Dems and Repubs. A democrat couldn't trade any of his defectors to a republican team for example.

8. You don't have to have any defectors or independents if you so desire.

What party will win the Championship and have braggin' rights!

[b:54d9f2608d]Tidbits: [/b:54d9f2608d]

* you're basically competing with 5 other players rather than 11 like in normal autodrafts.

* Players who are politically-minded are preferred, but not a must.

* Team names corresponding to your party would be cool.
Jeepdriver

Postby Jeepdriver » Sat May 08, 2010 2:42 pm

Terry101 is in and the draft is moments away. :D
Jeepdriver

Postby chasenally » Sat May 08, 2010 2:53 pm

And the only pitcher I didn't get was Zito. My starters and Bailey YES! Can we trade now or do we have to wait for waviers? Mike
chasenally

Postby dharmabums » Sat May 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Well it wasn't as bad as it could have been, although I don't have the starting pitching I'd like and HAL only knows who will actually hit a home run for me. This lean-left is screwing with my mind, and that is already pretty weak. :?
dharmabums

Postby chasenally » Sat May 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Ok I read the rules as I should have before asking questions. Got my players looking to unload on the league site. Good Repubs Harden Brendan Difelice and Maxwell. Need SP SS and OF. Damn Judges took my hitters. I hate activist and all there talk and whining and trying to save the whales and stop gobal warming that really isn't happening. If he was out hugging a tree I would have gotten Jeter! Mike
chasenally

Postby dharmabums » Sat May 08, 2010 3:34 pm

[quote:87042ee882="chasenally"]Damn Judges took my hitters. I hate activist and all there talk and whining and trying to save the whales and stop gobal warming that really isn't happening. If he was out hugging a tree I would have gotten Jeter! Mike[/quote:87042ee882]

Just suck on it! You Blue Dogs clearly have your priorities all mixed up. Otherwise you might get some respect. :P
dharmabums

Postby KEVINEHLE » Sat May 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Wow, out of 25 players, I only have one illegal player. Ironically, his name is Sanchez.
With that said, I am looking for a $3M "E" or right-leaning starter for Jonathan Sanchez.

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby chasenally » Sat May 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Don't bite on Kev's offer! ICE is on the way to pick up Sanchez as his work visa has expired. See if you had elected McCain/Palin Sanchez would have been given amnesty. Hindsight is always 20/20 :shock: Mike
chasenally

Postby Terry101 » Sat May 08, 2010 5:39 pm

Ahhh I drafted a ballpark right of the Mississippi instead of left of the Mississippi. Clicked on PNC (HR- 10-4 )instead of Oakland Coliseum (HR 12-3.)

I don't see it as an advantage- I would much rather have Oakland.If there is any way to switch to the politically correct stadium I will do it, otherwise I'm stuck with PNC.
Terry101

Postby visick » Mon May 10, 2010 9:11 am

In true political fashion, here's the first promise I won't keep.

My 1st pick in waivers will be a SS. And I promise you with this SS, we will come together as a team. The SS is the mainstay of a good team and without it the team falters.

I have no doubt, that with this pick, we will overcome in 2010.

Thank u...
visick

Next

Return to Individual League Chat