Republican/Democrat Theme League Chat

Postby Jack377 » Mon May 10, 2010 9:49 am

Well, then it's a good thing I have Adam Everett locked up... :roll:
Jack377

Postby gbrookes » Mon May 10, 2010 11:39 am

Re waivers - LOL! - this league keeps me laughing! It sure makes things interesting!

Unfortunately, I will probably miss a good part of the first hour of the scrum - maybe even the whole first hour. We'll see!

Like Jeep said, this is one cool concept, and it's lots of fun chatting and laughing about it!

Geoff
gbrookes

and I

Postby CATom » Mon May 10, 2010 12:27 pm

with the #2 pick am looking very strongly at a RH pitcher from Arizona that will run with ma lady for whom the team is named after - in 2020 - Yusmeiro, or something like that - think he's originally from CHICAGO :)

Tom.
CATom

Postby visick » Mon May 10, 2010 12:53 pm

I'm probably gonna miss the first 30 minutes or so of waivers.
visick

Postby FRANKMANSUETO » Mon May 10, 2010 1:38 pm

He comes the BIG WAAAAAAAA!!!!! Visick going to need a tissue for those tears?
FRANKMANSUETO

Postby chasenally » Mon May 10, 2010 10:32 pm

In my 6 waivers I only missed on #6 Corriea. I got who I think is the second best LHSP after waivers. Rowland-Smith to go along with who I think is #1 Kershaw. That's alot of thinking, and the best pitcher out there Hughes. Jonhson/Kershaw/Hughes and Rowland-Smith at Petco with Bailey as my RP. Got me no hitting and great defense up the middle. That's the making of alot of 1-0 and 2-1 games. Bring on you fat *** Homerun hitters I am ready. Did you read that England is keeping up and dropped a Trillion. Them damn Brits always keeping up with the Obama's.
chasenally

Postby gbrookes » Tue May 11, 2010 2:56 am

My earlier post said I was laughing earlier on Monday thinking about the waiver draft - here's why!

My first 5 picks were all for thirdbase players. I wanted to make sure I got one of them at that position!

Then, I changed my mind anyway after the waiver draft, and dropped the one I got (Rolen), and picked up one of my favourite 2009 players so far, Aramis Ramirez.

I had Lincecum (briefly) but changed my mind. I went back to another favorite of mine, Volquez (they are both E rated), and spent the difference (along with Rolen's salary and Drew Stubb's salary) getting 2 hitters, Aramis Ramirez (3b) and Braun (DH). Stubbs and Fowler were fighting for the #1 CF spot in training camp, and it just didn't make sense keeping them both, with one of them wasting their fielding abilities being DH. Another time, Drew, when there aren't so many republican pitchers in our division!

:)

Geoff
gbrookes

Previous

Return to Individual League Chat