7. joekendall
8. hackra
9. Mr. BBW - will think about it
10.litangel IN
11. carr20 - IN
12. ironwill
kimkrichbaum2

Postby hackra » Sun May 16, 2010 9:11 am

[quote:9b1104b495="gorshar"]Okay... here are the rules from last time with relevant changes:

League: ATG5, DH, unique ballparks. Bidding follows the usual $80/$200 convention. You have $80 mill to bid with and the total value of your roster is not to exceed $200 mill in Strat/SOM dollars. Bidding works like this:

A player is nominated (how so is explained further down this post) with a minimum bid posted to this board. The minimum bid must be at least $500K or 10% of the player's highest Strat value, whichever is greatest. The remaining 11 managers will PM a higher bid or a pass to the owner. Bids are made in increments of $10K (not $100K as in other auctions). Example, Ruth is nominated at 11.5 million. You can bid 12.5, 12.55, but not 12.555. After all eleven owners have sent their bids (or 24 hours elapses) the nominating owner will post all the bids and announce the winner. The winner then makes the next nomination. If all eleven owners pass, then the owner who made the nomination keeps the player at the amount offered. So don't nominate anyone you aren't willing to have on your team! Hitters are followed by hitters, pitchers are followed by pitchers.

litangel suggested that the nominator send their bid to another manager. I don't like this idea as it gives one other manager an advantage. I think the auction worked well (other than the tie-breaking issues) last time and the public opening bid simply put a different strategy on things (if I want him how much do I bid to keep others away......)

If you place an invalid bid, i.e. more than you can afford, the bid is ignored and the nominating owner who received your bid is not obligated to tell you your bid is no good, but it's always nice to do so, anyway.

We start with the top three hitters (Ruth, Gibson, Mantle) and top two pitchers (Maddux, Alexander). If possible, we can get some volunteers for each as you will almost certainly be outbid. I will volunteer for Maddux.

In the event of a tie... we had problems with this last time so litangel as proposed the following:
If there is a tie, this is announced, and the tied owners have 24 hours to make a new bid or pass. Again a winner is declared, or there is another tie, and owners rebid. If there is a tie because of two passes, then the player is given to the owner who made the earliest bid at the last tie (the one before the two pass tie) at the price of the last tie.

I'm okay with that if everybody else is.

Once a roster is filled (pitcher or hitter), the nomination will slide to the next owner on the list using the order from the initial sign-up which is as follows:

1. Palanion
2. gorshar
3. DHowser
4. miduar
5. DOHowser
6. BobBoone
7. joekendall
8. hackra
9. Mr. BBW
10.litangel
11. carr20
12. ironwill

As I see one person new to this format please be aware that you have $80 mill to bid with, but you have $200 mill of Strat value to fill your roster. Please be sure you are clear with this rule as some first time players have really screwed themselves up by thinking they had $200 mill to bid with.

Needless to say, integrity is essential to this auction and any nominator who assists another owner by privately revealing the current high bid on a player or simply agreeing to award a player to another at the highest amount needed will be tarred, feathered, thrown in a stockade and branded forever as a person "who sucks". Alternatively we just kill you. I don't see a problem with this bunch - we've all shared the sandbox before, but it needs to be said.

Rosters must conform to ATG 5 draft regulations.

For players with multiple cards, the highest valued card will be used against your $200 mill, though once play begins you can use any card you want and may even swap cards midseason.

Once the auction is finished there is no trading or free agent drops/picks. What you draft is what you get, except for making swaps between different cards of the same player.

Stadiums - will not be part of the auction. At the end of the auction we will draft unique parks. The order will be determined by the total SOM/Strat value of your final roster from low to high.

I'm okay with a supplemental draft midseason. No I don't yet have an idea how to do it.

Did I get it all?[/quote:9b1104b495]

Looks like you touched all the bases. I'l take the opening bid for Alexander (if you like)

CONFIRM that you are playing:
1. Palanion - IN
2. gorshar
3. DHowser
4. miduar
5. DOHowser - would like more info on sealed bid format before being committed
6. BobBoone
7. joekendall
8. hackra - IN
10.litangel
11. carr20 - IN
12. ironwill
hackra

Postby Palanion » Sun May 16, 2010 9:47 am

I think the midseason 3-round draft would take place the fifth week of the season (games 85-105). The draft order would be worst-to-first based on records at the 84-game mark, with H2H, then run. diff. for tie-breakers.
You can spend whatever $$ you have left under your cap to draft any three players. You must activate those three players to roster before the games 106-108 series.

And I can do the opening bid on Josh Gibson.

1. Palanion - IN
2. gorshar
3. DHowser
4. miduar
6. BobBoone
7. joekendall
8. hackra - IN
10.litangel
11. carr20 - IN
12. ironwill
Palanion

Postby JOSEPHKENDALL » Sun May 16, 2010 11:01 am

I can take the opening bid on Babe Ruth if you like.

1. Palanion - IN
2. gorshar
3. DHowser
4. miduar
6. BobBoone
7. joekendall - IN
8. hackra - IN
10.litangel
11. carr20 - IN
12. ironwill
JOSEPHKENDALL

Postby hackra » Sun May 16, 2010 11:04 am

1. Palanion - IN (opening bid for Josh Gibson)
2. gorshar - IN (opening bid for Maddux)
3. DHowser
4. miduar
6. BobBoone
7. joekendall
8. hackra - IN (opening bid for Pete Alexander)
10.litangel - IN
11. carr20 - IN
12. ironwill

(we need volunteers to open bidding on Ruth and Mantle)
hackra

Postby Palanion » Sun May 16, 2010 11:49 am

3. DHowser
4. miduar
6. BobBoone
7. joekendall IN (opening bid for Ruth)
10.litangel - IN
11. carr20 - IN
12. ironwill

(we need a volunteer to open bidding on Mantle)
Palanion

Postby carr20 » Sun May 16, 2010 11:51 am

I'll take Mantle opening bid
carr20

Postby MIKEARCHAMBAULT » Sun May 16, 2010 11:53 am

3. DHowser
4. miduar - IN
6. BobBoone
7. joekendall IN (opening bid for Ruth)
10.litangel - IN
11. carr20 - IN
12. ironwill
MIKEARCHAMBAULT

Postby hackra » Sun May 16, 2010 12:46 pm

Will it be a randomizer for divisions? before or after we pick parks?
8-) :?:
hackra

Postby irish iii » Sun May 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Let me know if you need someone in case others don't respond / de-commit.
irish iii

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat