2009 NL Only "Wall Street League"

?????

Postby merkelblunder » Fri May 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Don't know what happened. All set.
merkelblunder

Postby moneymaze » Fri May 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Texted Tom to let him know the pick's back to him; I suspect he'll be back online within the hour.

And once again, I screwed up my proxy pick, although it's not a bad thing to have picked up two starting pitchers (I could have grabbed two RFs or two catchers).
moneymaze

Postby TomSiebert » Fri May 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks for everybody's patience. Can't believe how fast this is going!

We're done for the night, though. Heard from Mark, his proxies are gone and he's out on the town.

Still no 2B, but I'll probably just end up using a scrub with a glove to love, in order to make up for the bricks I've got at all four corners now. Didn't think Gomes was going to last another round, had to grab him. Ditto Leblanc -- not that great a card for the price, but the SP is thinning fast; another round and we might be nearing batting practice guy territory.

More than halfway done -- we might actually get started by a week from Monday?

tws
TomSiebert

Re: How's about Al and I just trade strategies...

Postby Al Hogg » Sat May 29, 2010 1:36 am

[quote:52a2ac4346="calbatross"]While I went with Al's pitching strategy, it became clear early on that perhaps Al admired my Airbenders' strategy from the 24-team league as he started his draft with Utley and built a team for PNC Park. "Well played, Mauer..."[/quote:52a2ac4346]

Hey, I know a winning strategy when I steal one...

Actually, I have no idea if this is a good strategy. I am rather worried that I seem to be spending so much less than everyone else, but we'll see how it turns out. At this point, I would have been extremely unhappy if someone else had grabbed PNC Park, so I figured I'd better take it.

I definitely do, however, intend to hold on to my lead in the all important "Most Rounds Using Proxies" competition (through 12 rounds):

Al - 12
Turtle - 10
Curt - 10
Cal - 9
Jason - 9
Sarge - 8
Zim - 8
Meat - 7
Mark - 6 (including his dropped AL player pick)
Tom - 4
Merkel - 3
Terry - 2

While I am glad to see we made it halfway through this week, it would be great if we can get done in time to start Monday, June 7. I imagine things will slow down again over the weekend (I'll be gone tomorrow afternoon through Monday; while I should have some chance to check how things are progressing, it will be limited). Now that different teams need different puzzle pieces to fill out their roster, though, I think we can do it if everyone makes a concerted effort to keep at least a couple of proxies out on DiamondDope.
Al Hogg

Postby SGTD » Sat May 29, 2010 6:29 am

On Tuesday I will be leaving for Rochester and will not be checking in until 8-8:30pm once I get to the hotel and on Wednesday I will not be checking in until at least 9pm when I leave rochester and return home. I will leave a ton of proxies for those days but I can't promise that they will last as I may be fighting someone for Angel Berroa :D . Everyone have a great weekend and please check-in and make a pick if you can, hell I will be having a house full of people eating, drinking and playing horseshoes (even when night falls and I go ahead and turn the lights on, all 3500 watts worth) I will be checking-in and who knows, I may be drunk enough to take Berroa, he could'nt do any worse for me than Zimmerman did for me in the last league :shock: . SGT D
SGTD

Postby moneymaze » Sat May 29, 2010 8:59 am

Like Al, I'll be out of town this weekend as well. I'll have my computer with me and will check progress a few times each day. Since I seem to be gumming up most of my proxy picks, I'm going to try to avoid that if possible. (Picking on the turn should help in that regard.)
moneymaze

Postby TomSiebert » Sat May 29, 2010 11:09 am

Heading into NYC....pop me on my cell if you need me. i've textd terry.
TomSiebert

Postby SGTD » Sat May 29, 2010 11:51 am

I don't want to get to excited about my team but I kinda like it so far. I may not turn alot of DP's but I should score some runs and my SP & RP isn't that bad looking, I have 2 SRHP and 2 SLHP. Of course I have to be optimistic after losing 98 games :D . SGT D
SGTD

WEASEL UPDATE

Postby MEAT » Sat May 29, 2010 12:21 pm

waaayyy too many have gone by without some begrudgement, and actually, for me, seem to be reproducing fellow little sniveling lil conniving weasels like so many rabbits, the later we get in the draft. especially when you have no pitching to begin with. so, as not to let these pinpricks slide without duely noting...

ryan luckwick! counsell (I STILL dont have a 3b, and never expected him to be gone even where we are now, let alone rd 10)
randy wells!
counsell before chipper jones AND casey mcghee?! counsell was my backup plan to chipper, who was my backup plan to mcghee..im on plan 9 from outerspace at 3b now.
rich harden/chad billingsley!
wade leblanc/hamels! and these were suppossed to be acceptable starting pitching considerations, and they're shakey..NOW what am i gonna get?!
will venable.
MINUTE MAID...wish turtle was at least in my division....
MEAT

Postby MEAT » Sat May 29, 2010 12:22 pm

then again, glad turtles not in division...howard and mccutcheon were early premium weasels, and jurjens too.
MEAT

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat