Record Watch

Our Mystery Card games - The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Record Watch

Postby AdamKatz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:29 am

For those as bored as I am:

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/70s/team/team_other.html?user_id=71406

Steve Carlton on 29 Wins with 2 starts left.
Team at 107 Wins with 6 ganes left to play.

and, before anyone asks-no, I wouldnt recommend drafting Hank Aaron, Johnny Bench and Cesar Cedeno in Yankee Stadium. Not sure how that happened. I didnt intend on that being the stadium. misclicked or something. Didnt hurt Carlton though.
AdamKatz

Postby JONCHUCKERY » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:57 pm

Since its been so quiet here lately lets get some discussion going...First its funny because I am currently on a quest to wina ring in Yankee Std. Its the only std I play unless I'm in a theme league

I have used bench there and gotten arguably his worst card and managed a good season there. Aaron would be a guy who I would also draft in Yankee Std. Those 2 guys have a lot of natural HR chances without being affected by Yankee's lack of power for RHB...Cedeno would be more of a stretch, however, based upon the # of doubles and triples I've seen on my teams one would conclude that while not a great BPHR std it does have a high doubles/triples rating

I posted a while back a recently completed team where Bench managed 56 or 57 doubles, whatever it was. What I'm finding is that the high avg singles hitters are being drastically affected...My approach has been to use high OBP guys and good LH power...of course to date I've stunk up the joint
JONCHUCKERY

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '70s, '80s, '90s