May/June 2010 League

Postby joethejet » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Wish I knew how he does it. The O-man took 2 from us tonight. He scored 23 runs with that offense, but that's not the amazing part, he only left 15 guys on in 3 games, with 36 hits. He just has a knack for getting all the hits in one inning and getting my 2 SS to turn a possible DP ball into a single (1-2).

Meanwhile we're leaving 28 on base, scoring 12 runs. We had 31 hits so it's not like he had *that* many more hits and we were +8 in walks. :roll: Both teams hit 3 HRs.

It's Magic! :p

Big series with the Gillicks next. We're tied for the WC.
joethejet

Postby J-Pav » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:15 pm

We have a pretty competitive league overall - 8 or 9 teams over .500, and a very wide open wild-card race. I'm guessing this one will come down to the very last series.

Hopefully we'll still be hanging around... 8-)
J-Pav

Postby joethejet » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:06 am

J,

You're only a game back so you can still win the West. I can't seem to beat the O-Men so my hopes there are not good. Currently sitting in the WC spot thanks to a 2 of 3 with the Gillicks, but still a long way to go and we don't have Arduous or the Metros in our division so....

Jet
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:12 pm

Well, the good news is we closed the gap to six games on the "fruit" men, and have a three game lead in the WC BUUUUUUT we lost McCutchen for 14 more and Patterson for 5 more with 27 to play! :( UGH :evil:

So, in a move to corner the market on Gonzalez' (we already have Alberto and Edgar) we decided to pick up Carlos Gonzalez and, in order to clear the cap room, we also let Patterson go for Headley and used the extra cap room to pick up Rowand for Young.

Got a big three gamer with Orange tonight. Not optimistic as we've struggled with them, *but* we are 4-2 at home with them so maybe there's hope.

Hate to make moves with a 20% cap hit, but with so few games remaining, there wasn't much else that could be done. We're 2 mil under the cap (in real terms) and it drops our rating about 100 points but.....

We thunder down the stretch...

Bye Bye Hal (is it really your last team?) has essentially clinched the East. BB is 14 games over in one run games! The Cats at 8 under just havent' been able to overcome that gap. Of course, this is nothing compared to the 17 that Syracuse has. Stieb is also big in one runners with a +13.

In the Central, as I mentioned, we've closed to six, but will have to get it done against the Syracusans to have a chance. We have 9 games remaining with them and will have to go at least 6-3, and probably more like 7-2 to catch them.

The West is still a three team race. The ratings say that Winning is the best team, but the Gatos have a three game lead and Gillick is right there too.

The WC is pretty wide open. Winemen are up by 3, but with the Gillicks, Winning right there and Steib only 4 back. The Cats could make a run from the East but they'll have to get very hot to jump over 4 teams. Same for the Elephants.

Buckle your seatbelts!
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:35 am

Well, I didn't want to post the last few days as I didn't want to jinx us, but we slipped into the playoffs, needed to win two games as the Gatos swept! Glad we took two as we didn't have the tie breaker.

Got to face the red hot Bye Byes who won 22 of their last 25!

Course, none of that matters in the playoffs. Hopefully their luck in one run games won't continue! I'm not sure I've ever seen a team go +23 in one runners! :shock: I've been complaining about the O-men, but they were *only* +21. :roll:

I'm not sure our moves after the injuries to McCutchen and Patterson really paid off a Gonz and Headley really didn't do all that much. Rowand did hit 3 HRs so maybe. I guess, in the end, we made the playoffs so it was a good move!

Been fun conversing with those of you who have checked in. HOpefully we'll see you in more leagues. It really makes the league more fun when you use the forums!

Jet
www.angelfire.com/games5/joethejet
joethejet

Postby J-Pav » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:12 pm

[quote:6176dff044="J-Pav"]We have a pretty competitive league overall - 8 or 9 teams over .500, and a very wide open wild-card race. I'm guessing this one will come down to the very last series.[/quote:6176dff044]

Wow - that was a great season. We got very, very lucky...but I'll take that!
J-Pav

Postby joethejet » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:08 pm

J,

Not sure I'd say you got lucky since I think your team is certainly one of the best in the league, but you got hot at the right time.

Hopefully we'll see ya in the Championship! We both have to avoid one run games however! ;) 8-)

Jet
joethejet

Postby edgecitytx » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:18 am

Good luck to both of you! Great finish, sorry I didn't make it, but (thanks to the Antiquaters), at least I got back in it at the end. I'd say Byebye and Orange exceeded our expectations. :lol:

Jet, sorry I wasn't around more at the end, been in and out of town, really enjoyed the conversation, hope we play again soon.

J-Pav, it's always a pleasure, though as usual, I'm just a step behind! I look forward to this year's Secret Formula. See you soon, I'm sure.

edge
edgecitytx

Postby J-Pav » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Thx [b:98e30d1461]Edge[/b:98e30d1461]!

You had a great team and I'm sure we'll meet again soon -

J
J-Pav

Postby joethejet » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:16 pm

[quote:800954130a="edgecitytx"]Good luck to both of you! Great finish, sorry I didn't make it, but (thanks to the Antiquaters), at least I got back in it at the end. I'd say Byebye and Orange exceeded our expectations. :lol:

Jet, sorry I wasn't around more at the end, been in and out of town, really enjoyed the conversation, hope we play again soon.

J-Pav, it's always a pleasure, though as usual, I'm just a step behind! I look forward to this year's Secret Formula. See you soon, I'm sure.

edge[/quote:800954130a]

Edge,

Same here. I'm sure we'll see you out there.

If you can go +20 or more in one run games, you're always going to exceed expectations! I've had a couple of teams do well in one runners, but I don't think to that extent.

Two splits last night. Three game series now with the home field advantage swtiching places. Be interesting tonight.

Jet
joethejet

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat