May/June 2010 League

Postby joethejet » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:43 am

Well, we got lucky enough to get past Bye Bye Hal tonight. Two nailbiters. 1-0 and 3-0. Great pitching from Correia (finally) and Lannan/Sanches and White just dodged trouble all night and Hal didn't take advantage of a couple of errors that we made. He left 11 on, that always makes it a tough night.

Just noticed that Correia actually took a no hitter into the 9th, but for some reason Hal didn't make my D move of putting Gonzalez in LF for Milledge and Rowand in to replace Gonzalez. Should I have the Rowand move for Gonz in CF before Gonz for Milledge in LF? I always seem to get that backward. :shock: Anyway, a LFx that Milledge didn't get to turns out to be the only hit! White gets two outs (one a 1-6 bpsi missed) before a walk and Troncoso finishes it off with a lineout by Ankiel another 1-6, but not a bpsi. :shock: We got a lucky there. Also lucky that Jaramillo got injured and he had to play Navarro both ways.

Chesterfield your team played very well. It's hard to win 100+ games. If this truly is your last team, it played well for you. I think I just got a few more breaks in a short series.

Well, J, I guess we *are* playing in the finals afterall! The way this season was going, I didn't think it was going to happen. Interesting to note that there were only two 1 run games in the first round and you and I won them.

You won the season series 7 to 5, actually winning an extra one in our park while we split in yours. Not sure the head-to-head really means anything in a short series however.

Buck, I know I ripped on your team a little bit this year, but they sure seemed to have my number. I'm kind of happy we're not playing you again! Hopefully we'll see you again down the road and you'll have more time to post on the forum.

Jet
www.angelfire.com/games5/joethejet
joethejet

Postby J-Pav » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:08 am

Sometimes you just have to shake your head and laugh. :o

During the season, I lost 4 of 8 to the Orangemen, and won only one all year in his cribby. In the coin toss series, getting that initial split when the Orangemen were home was huge. I'll take it!

And onward we go...
J-Pav

Postby joethejet » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:47 am

Well, we certainly got some breaks tonight, starting with Lee's 1-3 HR in the 9th.

Jumped out to a lead, but our ace Johnson couldn't hold it. Tejeda walked a bunch of guys (what a surprise ;)) and then we got a single off of the catcher x (rolled a 1!!!! :shock:)

But you battled back with a 1-12 HR and a 1-2 single. The latter gaining you a run.

But, the capper were the two solo shots in the 9th. That's a tough way to lose.

Then game 2 didn't get much better, at least it was a 1-9 HR by Milledge, not 1-3. Course, maybe he scores on Choo's single that followed. Would have been 1-12. Dont know if Hal would have sent him. Mauer missed a 1-12 earlier and Fuentes gets Kapler to end it with the tieing run at 3b. Whew!

Hopefully I didn't use all of my luck there! Two really close games.

Jet
joethejet

Postby J-Pav » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:43 am

Yeah, ugh, looks like my luck ran out - winning four of five from here will be an uphill battle. A couple of nice wins on the road by the Winemen.
J-Pav

Postby joethejet » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Well, you beat me at home during the season, and I've seen teams lose 4 in a row in the finals so it ain't over till it's over. Obviously getting two wins is hugh, but the dice can turn on a dime. We're not counting our chickens, that's for sure.

Jet
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:09 am

Well, got one of two, but lost both my RFers. Be interesting to see what Hal does to my lineup in the next one.

Johnson is a lot better than Stauffer, but may not mean much with the lineup I'm putting out there.

Don't like my pitching matchups in the next two so hopefully we can win this one!

Jet
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:25 am

Big win for Inc tonight. A key 1-2 2bx hit for you. A DP there and the series is over. And a 1-4 single on a SS x that cost us a run too. Ugh. Tough, tough loss.

Beckett versus Tejeda back at your place now. At least we have Choo back for the game. Still have Gonzalez out however. :(

Jet
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:59 am

Well, we got totally lucky tonight. A big six run inning with a ss x(1-2) single. A 1-12 Granny and two e19 errors. :shock: That's some goooood rolling. Yeesh. Some things that weren't luck in that inning were three walks by Tejeda, but still....

Got a 1-2 bpsi in another inning for a two run inning. Man, were rolling hot. :roll:

Cano turned a DP tonight to end it essentially. He missed it last night.

J, I'm not sure my team was better, but I will say we got the breaks in the finals. That seems to be the way of the playoffs. It's a total crap shoot! We just happened to get the majority of the rolls.

Great playing and chatting with you. Hope you enjoyed it too. The way this team was going I wasn't even sure it was going to make the playoffs, much less win it all!

Jet
www.angelfire.com/games5/joethejet
joethejet

Postby J-Pav » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:11 am

You beat Tejeda twice at home where I was pretty strong - congrats on a well deserved ring.

It was a good competitive league all around. A different dice roll here and there would have made for a completely different playoff picture.

Congrats again Joe and GL to everyone in their next go around -

J

:D
J-Pav

Postby edgecitytx » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:29 am

Congrats, Jet! All that complaining and still the Champ!!! :P

See you guys soon!

edge
edgecitytx

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat