Another Summer League - chat thread

Postby carr20 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:46 pm

I am an attorney in York, PA. Specialize in bankruptcy and real estate law, but also do general business law. I am also a child custody hearing officer, which is more a position of service to the court and community than it is a money-maker. But I think I make a difference doing that which is why I continue doing so.

Have two kids, a son named Michael Jack, who of course is named after the greatest third baseman ever (which explains my overbid for #20). My daughter is a junior at LaSalle in Philadelphia, which also happens to be my alma mater.

As you might guess by now, like Gorshar I am a diehard Philly fan. That includes being an Eagles season ticket holder (and no, I am not happy to be handing over the reins to Kevin Kolb).

When not frustrating myself with fantasy baseball and the Philly sports teams, I can usually be found driving myself nuts on the links.

By the way, nice idea doing this. I am enjoying reading about all of you.

Steve
carr20

Postby MIKEARCHAMBAULT » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:18 pm

My name is Mike Archambault, 57, and seems I've done a little bit of everything. I spent 13 years in the US Air Force, working in logistics war planning. Then, for about 3 years, I was a field geologist in the Appalachian gas drilling business. Got sick and had to open a baseball card shop for a couple years, then moved to Michigan, where I was raised, and became a real estate broker, doing that for almost 15 years. Last year, my 85 yr old father started to do poorly. Since the real estate market was even worse, I decided it was a good time to move to Florida to care for him. Divorced, I have 4 grown kids, and a dozen or so grandkids.
MIKEARCHAMBAULT

Postby kimkrichbaum2 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:36 am

I'd like to start another sealed bid auction league when this one is done. My preference would be another ATGV auction, or a 2009 cards auction. I would love to go with the same rule, except allow those who introduce a player to make a secret bid also, but if folks really don't want that we can keep things exactly as they are.

I am interested in another sealed bid auction league (please list the year you would prefer, add another year not yet mentioned, if you would prefer that.)

1. litangel ATG or 2009
kimkrichbaum2

Postby gorshar » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:54 am

I'd like to start another sealed bid auction league when this one is done. My preference would be another ATGV auction, or a 2009 cards auction. I would love to go with the same rule, except allow those who introduce a player to make a secret bid also, but if folks really don't want that we can keep things exactly as they are.

I am interested in another sealed bid auction league (please list the year you would prefer, add another year not yet mentioned, if you would prefer that.)

1. litangel ATG or 2009
2. gorshar ATG

I know this came up prior to the beginning of this auction, but I can't possibly see how the nominating owner can also make a sealed bid without some sort of compromise in secrecy. And there is strategy to having to make your bid open. And if you really do want somebody, don't nominate them. Wait for somebody else to put them up.
gorshar

Postby ironwill1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:05 am

1. litangel ATG or 2009
2. gorshar ATG
3. ironwill1 ATG
ironwill1

Postby MIKEARCHAMBAULT » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:34 am

1. litangel ATG or 2009
2. gorshar ATG
3. ironwill1 ATG
4. miduar ATG

I know this came up prior to the beginning of this auction, but I can't possibly see how the nominating owner can also make a sealed bid without some sort of compromise in secrecy. And there is strategy to having to make your bid open. And if you really do want somebody, don't nominate them. Wait for somebody else to put them up.
MIKEARCHAMBAULT

Postby Palanion » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:52 am

1. litangel ATG or 2009
2. gorshar ATG
3. ironwill1 ATG
4. miduar ATG
5. Palanion ATG

Palanion

Postby JOSEPHKENDALL » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:13 am

1. litangel ATG or 2009
2. gorshar ATG
3. ironwill1 ATG
4. miduar ATG
5. Palanion ATG
6. joekendall ATG
JOSEPHKENDALL

Postby hackra » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:59 pm

1. litangel ATG or 2009
2. gorshar ATG
3. ironwill1 ATG
4. miduar ATG
5. Palanion ATG
6. joekendall ATG
7. hackra ATG

maybe (maybe not) we might want different or clearer rules on rebids, retractions, and ties.....and maybe we can start the auction by letting the first openers just choose who they want to start with rather than opening with the same 5 players.
hackra

let's do it again

Postby carr20 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:18 am

1. litangel ATG or 2009
2. gorshar ATG
3. ironwill1 ATG
4. miduar ATG
5. Palanion ATG
6. joekendall ATG
7. hackra ATG
8. Carr20 ATG
carr20

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat