NLD XXIV Chat

Postby bigmahon » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:00 am

Ouch. Absolutely punished at home by Hawk last night. And this after posting a 9-3 record against him during the season. Gotta love the SOM semi finals!

See you all next season! :( :lol:
bigmahon

Postby joethejet » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:32 pm

Big M, you never know. Stranger things have happened, trust me.

Thought you guys would find this interesting. I'm duplicating my disastrous team in an AD league (with Big M and Jeep Coincidently) and I didn't get Hill (or Beckett) in trying to trade Hudson for him, the guy would have nothing to do with it and sent this to me:

"Jet-- The reason I do not want to trade my 2B (Hill) is that on all of my previous 2009 teams--he has been far & away my best performer--no matter what ballpark. I honestly value him more than I do Pujols or Wright or anyone else that I have."

and
"Aaron Hill at AT & T park, 35HR/ 96 RBI/ .296 BA--at Progressive Field-34HR/ 87 RBI/ .254 BA"

Interesting.

Jet
joethejet

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Hill's card is a stinker to me.... It appears to me to be wholly park dependent.
superflymacdaddyjuice

Postby joethejet » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:22 am

Well, I don't think his card is that dependent in that he has decent number of hits on his card. Especially in a singles park like Fenway or even AT&T. In Fenway he's got 30 hits without a single BPHR. He's got 3.8 real HRs v RHP and 6.0 v LHP. That's a good number. There are quite a few 2bs v LHP too.

The biggest problem to me is is low OB and so-so clutch.

Stinker card? I don't agree with that, he's not very special v RHP, but pretty darn good v LHP.

Jet
joethejet

Postby bigmahon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:30 am

Congrats to Hawk on a convincing sweep. I never knew what hit me. 8-)
bigmahon

Postby Jeepdriver » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:11 am

Stoney and I have a Game 5. I'm sure he's all wrapped up trying to figure out a game plan to combat Jeff Weaver. I'm sure this highly talented starter has him intimidated. Sure he won't admit it, but deep down you just know it. :wink:
Jeepdriver

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:49 am

[quote:a324c0ba5d="joethejet"]Well, I don't think his card is that dependent in that he has decent number of hits on his card. Especially in a singles park like Fenway or even AT&T. In Fenway he's got 30 hits without a single BPHR. He's got 3.8 real HRs v RHP and 6.0 v LHP. That's a good number. There are quite a few 2bs v LHP too.

Stinker card? I don't agree with that, he's not very special v RHP, but pretty darn good v LHP.

Jet[/quote:a324c0ba5d]

only half of his card is any good and you only use that roughly a third of the time.
superflymacdaddyjuice

Postby Stoney18 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:13 pm

[quote:55cc64fea9="Jeepdriver"]Stoney and I have a Game 5. I'm sure he's all wrapped up trying to figure out a game plan to combat Jeff Weaver. I'm sure this highly talented starter has him intimidated. Sure he won't admit it, but deep down you just know it. :wink:[/quote:55cc64fea9]

Busted. Haven't gotten any work done today game planning for tonight. :D
Stoney18

Postby joethejet » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:27 pm

[quote:9241cca93f="superflymacdaddyjuice"][quote:9241cca93f="joethejet"]Well, I don't think his card is that dependent in that he has decent number of hits on his card. Especially in a singles park like Fenway or even AT&T. In Fenway he's got 30 hits without a single BPHR. He's got 3.8 real HRs v RHP and 6.0 v LHP. That's a good number. There are quite a few 2bs v LHP too.

Jet[/quote:9241cca93f]

only half of his card is any good and you only use that roughly a third of the time.[/quote:9241cca93f]

Well, he's not a platoon player, but I know what you mean.

jet
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Good luck to Stoney and Hawk.

Just a little NLD trivia...

Hawk won it his first year, but hasnt' repeated since. In fact this is his playoff appearance is his first after five misses.

Stoney OTOH, is looking for his first NLD crown having made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 leagues (including this one)

Jeep, don't feel bad, repeating has happened only twice in NLD history.

Big M, the curse of the best record continues. Well, actually, the best record has won 6 of 24, exactly 25%. Second best record has 9. That would be Stoney this time around.

I wish I would have kept WC wins, because the 4th best record isn't always the WC.

Good luck tonight fellas,

Jet

p.s. do we start next week?? NP, what say you???
joethejet

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat