tws
meat
turtle
terry
(killer division!)
MEAT

Postby MEAT » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:37 pm

turtles up

im heading for mountains for the weekend starting tommorow pst, and may not have internet access unless I can switch now that i found a place that's got it. ill set plenty of proxies to get me thru, but I'll need fellow adminstrators to resolve issues if im not around
MEAT

Postby TomSiebert » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:59 am

Brutal, brutal West.

I see I have admin rights....let's hope I can figure out how it works.

tws
TomSiebert

Postby SGTD » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:16 pm

I do not think that I will do Live Draft's next year as they seem to drag and take forever. SGT D
SGTD

I prefer the live drafts...

Postby calbatross » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:09 pm

While they do drag, I enjoy the idea of assembling a team piece by piece and reacting to others in your division and the ballparks that are chosen. I can see why they might be frustrating for some, but I like the live drafts.
calbatross

So, when do we turn the clock on...?

Postby calbatross » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:11 pm

Technically, I guess I didn't expect the clock to turn on until Monday since our NL league regular season doesn't wrap up until tonight... What is the general consensus? I guess since it is getting late on a Friday, ... Monday morning turn on the clock?

-Cal
calbatross

Postby MEAT » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:28 pm

I do have internet access, depressing to see no picks made in the full day ive been off line. I'LL Put out a page for turtle, but if tws or anyone else has contact info, please advise him that 11 others are waiting.
clock off in the first round til we know everyone knows we've started. then off on weekends, but this group generally makes decent progress on the weekends. clock goes on monday morning from 10am eastern to midnight eastern.
remember, if clock expires, you must manually pick if you're next in line, sight will not automatically skip and invoke proxies.
and try not to get skipped....
MEAT

Postby MEAT » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:41 pm

turtle has never checked in on this thread, or responding to anything in gekko wall street message board. suggestions?
MEAT

Team name: The View-Masters

Postby merkelblunder » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:34 am

My first memories of 3D or stereo imaging was looking thru the old classic toy called the "View-Master". I remember looking at Winnie-The-Pooh and Tigger, Flintstones, Jetsons, Grand Canyon and Yellowstone. As, I got a bit older I put the View-Master away and I moved on to other more important images in life. Like, Marie Osmond, Valerie Bertanelli and of course my favorite Wonder Woman. So, it was an easy decision.....

....The View-Masters will be managed by Winnie-The-Pooh.

Sorry Linda Carter.
merkelblunder

Postby Al Hogg » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:51 am

I found a phone number for the Turtle in an old PM. It's too late to call, so I sent him a text message. If he doesn't respond, I'll try to call tomorrow.

According to the site below, there was a Viewmaster reel featuring "Wonder Woman." My guess, however, is that it was the comic book version of "Wonder Woman"; 3D images of Linda Carter might have been too much for us boys of the era.

http://www.3dstereo.com/Viewmaster-URL/reelpacks.html
Al Hogg

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat