The Original USKL -- TSN Version 2011 (Chat Room)

Postby Cubit » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:33 am

Was trying to get the Supplemental Draft Started from iPhone but could not get the precise rules down for that in this League. Please advise. I know I have the first choice in the new thread-- well earned it is too!
Cubit

Postby MICHAELJURACEK » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:33 am

Changing stadiums. Shouldn't mess with a good thing, but oh well.
MICHAELJURACEK

Postby Ninersphan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:42 am

[quote:8e1d3a85e3="Cubit"]Was trying to get the Supplemental Draft Started from iPhone but could not get the precise rules down for that in this League. Please advise. I know I have the first choice in the new thread-- well earned it is too![/quote:8e1d3a85e3]

From page 1 of this very thread:

[b:8e1d3a85e3]*** Eligible to be drafted in the upcoming FA Draft will be ANY PLAYER on that list which will include ANY UNOWNED PLAYER that has a SOM card for the 2005 season (ie; PLAYED MLB in the 2005 season).****

ANY SOM CARD (ie; Computer Cards -- ie; ANY PLAYER who played in the ML in 2005) [/b:8e1d3a85e3]

Now obviously this was for season 1, hence the reference to 2005, but one can extropolate that any player from this past season is eligible, so long as they played, they need not have a card on TSN's site.

Unless I'm interpretting it wrong.

The only thing I'm not 100% sure of is guys that played in previous seasons, that did not play last year and thus have no valid Strat card of any form for the 2009 season. You know, like the recently signed by the Marlins, Armando Benitez for example. :wink:
Ninersphan

Postby Cubit » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:55 am

Thanks Niner. Believe it or not, I did go to page 1 (164 pages back) and look before I posted, but that was soooo long ago, that I assumed that there must have been an update or at least some kind of modification since the 2005 set...

Thank you for the clarification.

... and the tip on Benitez; don't know how the Media in Japan could have missed such a stunning signing...
Last edited by Cubit on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cubit

Postby Stoney18 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:58 am

[quote:354839c1c4]8. At the start of each TSN carded year, there will be a Free Agent Draft in which the teams will be able to reshuffle and restock their teams with new players. The Players eligible for the Free Agent Draft (and the subsequent Supplemental Draft later in the year) [b:354839c1c4]are any player who played in the Major Leagues in the prior season. This includes any hitter with at least one PA any pitcher with at least one batter faced.[/b:354839c1c4][/quote:354839c1c4]

Here is the appropriate rule.

There are two tabs in the spreadsheet I sent out, one for hitters and one for pitchers. Any player not identified as on a USKL roster (Column A) is available for this draft. If they are not on the spreadsheet they are not eligible.
Stoney18

Postby Cubit » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:59 am

Got it Stoney! Thanks...

And my delay getting in here was despite your excellent last spreadsheet which certainly made everything as easy as pie.

Sorry to all for the delay.
Cubit

Postby fowler » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:00 pm

AF Dickie Yankee - Drop
Akindian Coors - STAY
Bubba Dodger
Cubit Fenway
Cummings Petco - Stay
Detroit-Tigers Kauffman
Fowldawg Minute Maid - Stay
Kaviksdad Busch - Stay
Ninersphan Citi _ STAY
Nythawk Camden
Qksilver PNC - STAY
Stoney Angels - Stay
fowler

Postby qksilver69 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Stoney, guys, I suggest we check with Sandy. I don't believe we are applying the rule correctly.

My understanding was that ANY player is eligible who has played in ML before. I know the original rule says "played last season", but I *believe* we later clarified that to mean "has played in ML before".

If that is true:

a) the list that Stoney sent is partial, not complete
b) the player does not need to have a card from last season

I am pretty sure this is the case & that if we look at previous drafts we can find examples of players who skipped a year due to injury but were still drafted. Darren Oliver's 2005 season comes to mind for some reason. In any case I would like us to be consistent with how USKL has drafted in the past. My 2 cents.
qksilver69

Postby Ninersphan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:56 pm

[quote:b34a7edba8="qksilver"]Stoney, guys, I suggest we check with Sandy. I don't believe we are applying the rule correctly.

My understanding was that ANY player is eligible who has played in ML before. I know the original rule says "played last season", but I *believe* we later clarified that to mean "has played in ML before".

If that is true:

I am pretty sure this is the case & that if we look at previous drafts we can find examples of players who skipped a year due to injury but were still drafted. Darren Oliver's 2005 season comes to mind for some reason. In any case I would like us to be consistent with how USKL has drafted in the past. My 2 cents.[/quote:b34a7edba8]

Sent a PM to sandy asking him to check in and clarify for us...
Ninersphan

Postby kaviksdad » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:13 pm

[quote:676ea855c7="qksilver"]Stoney, guys, I suggest we check with Sandy. I don't believe we are applying the rule correctly.

If that is true:

I am pretty sure this is the case & that if we look at previous drafts we can find examples of players who skipped a year due to injury but were still drafted. Darren Oliver's 2005 season comes to mind for some reason. In any case I would like us to be consistent with how USKL has drafted in the past. My 2 cents.[/quote:676ea855c7]

This is what I recall Sandy's intent to be as well - ANY player with ANY MLB experience, whatever year regardless of whether they have a card or not.

It's this way because there's no other way Buster Posey could have been drafted in the spring F/A draft if it wasn't.
Last edited by kaviksdad on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaviksdad

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat