NLD 25 Chat

Postby joethejet » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Silver, you're almost always towards the top of the ratings. I'm sure the move will help your rating.

So far, they are all pretty darn close so I don't think they're going to tell you much overall. Maybe who should hit and who should pitch, but in $100 mil league with vets like this, it's hard to be too bad.

Hmm, Big M is sitting with some cap room too. Probably didn't get someone since he's got first pick in waivers.

Jet
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:37 pm

Ok, while we're waiting for waivers, just curious if I got the wrong park for my team again. I never seem to get that right.

Any thoughts?

Jet
joethejet

Postby qksilver69 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:57 pm

My take is the park should fit at least 6 of the 9 hitters. I think you have an 80% match but I would likely switch out 1 or 2 guys in your case with Camden...
qksilver69

Postby superflymacdaddyjuice » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm

I understand prop. 8 was struck down by the courts today. I am sure Joe and wineman are ecstatic. Congratulations guys. :lol: will we all be getting invites or just previous champs? :P
superflymacdaddyjuice

Postby joethejet » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:18 am

So Silver, I'm curious, who do you think isn't a good fit? I'm not saying it's a perfect fit, but I'm not sure I could find guys better with the scraps that are left over. Oh, and do you think there was a better fit for this team as currently constituted?

Uribe will start most of the time at 3b. Kennedy v hard RHSP. Some of the guys I wouldn't mind having, are RH'ed and I think we're already too RHed. Pitching-wise we're all low HRs pretty much.

Smokey, I agree with this "Today's ruling is indicative of an out-of-control judiciary willing to circumvent California's direct democracy by imposing their point of view". It doesn't really matter as it's going to the Supreme Court which, I believe, will uphold the Prop. But I guess that debate is better left for the "bullpen" forum.

Jet
joethejet

Postby qksilver69 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:48 am

My guess is if Prop 8 were on the ballot again today it wouldn't get 52% like it did before. Change is inevitable. But I agree with Smokey, you guys should be celebrating - no longer limited by the inferior institution of domestic partnership! :P

On the stadium, I don't see a better fit necessarily. The obvious issue I see is CF. I'd rather have Hunter and a lesser backup than a pricey platoon that is not the greatest park fit. Hmm, maybe we should do a deal...
qksilver69

Postby joethejet » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:12 pm

Quiet Waivers, but not too surprising I suppose.

Jet
joethejet

Postby joethejet » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:07 pm

Quick look at ratings with pens all using the same settings (guaranteed to be off somewhat)

Eight teams are essentially equal (within a couple hundred points) with Big M on top (mostly because of outstanding D and assuming Adams will pitch a LOT)

the other four aren't all that far back. and I haven't looked at to see if I missed something in the pitching or in their lineups.

Nothing too surprising in a 100 mil league.

jet
p.s. Oh yeah, and that's in my parks so......
joethejet

Postby Jeepdriver » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:56 am

I feel like my offense is somewhere around 9th in the league as we prepare for opening day. I gotta hope my pitching, which I feel is best in the league, will carry me. My squad is pretty formidable both starting and relieving.
Jeepdriver

Postby Stoney18 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:38 am

Mr.'s Lincecum, Jimenenz & Cain along with their friends in the bullpen disagree with your assertion. :D
Stoney18

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat