Major League Keeper League

Postby bvargus » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:28 pm

I'm sure it would help a lot if emails were sent to all league members, letting them know when important events, such as a draft, are about to start. At the same time, the rules are very clear that drops must be made prior to the start of a draft. I could even go along with waiving the rule if someone said "I didn't know" after the draft had started but before they make their first pick. But there's no one way anyone with 40 players can just be allowed to start adding more to their roster. That's unfair to everyone else who has followed the rules and cut players. It just can't be allowed.
bvargus

Postby kaviksdad » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Dan - that's up to right now, after you've made your picks in rounds 1 and 2. You shouldn't have a round 3 pick because your roster is full, according to my records. But given the state of records here, I can't guarantee I'm right...yet. :P

I can understand Smitty's point, but I have to agree with Billy. Dropped players are added to the pool of potential picks. If they haven't been dropped no other manager can pick them. It is essentially "stashing" players by keeping them unavailable from the other managers. Now I'm not saying this is a real life actual strategy the Aray and Hawk are using - that's not it. I am not blaming anyone for anything. Regardless of whether it's intentional or not, it still has the same effect - keeping other managers from drafting players you drop. And while no one has yet drafted anyone's dropped players there is/was still that possibility. And strictly speaking from long experience as a league commish, the draft should not have begun without all the drops. Again - no blame here, just info.
kaviksdad

Postby thisisray » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:29 am

Yes, I should not have started the draft without making sure everyone had made their drops. I am not sure how the managers made their picks without dropping anyone. It is my fault for making the draft order and putting it in there without the drops, but the managers who didn't make drops could have noticed they were drafting without making drops like everyone else had. I think a separate thread would have been the best idea. So I will take the blame for all of the confusion. I would like to hear everyone's opinion on what we should do with the draft picks that have been made. I think we can come up with a fair solution.

I am not as organized as I should be and I don't have the time I would like to be able to run this smoothly, but no one has volunteered to help(besides kaviksdad) to make the league run more efficiently. I apologize for all the mix ups and hopefully we can run this league better from here on out with the help from kaviksdad. :D :oops: :( :)
thisisray

Postby nythawk129921 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:43 am

[quote:f7f421adc2="kaviksdad"][quote:f7f421adc2="thisisdan26"]Yeah Im not positive if I have another pick either...I made 3 drops and I have already picked 3 players...unless I have been playing with a short roster.[/quote:f7f421adc2]

I'm showing you with a full 40 man squad Dan.

And I don't see how guys can be allowed to draft players when they have no room on the roster to do so. The rules I have specifically state that you can't have over 40 players and you have to drop players officially BEFORE any draft begins.

I must have something wrong somewhere, but right now I show Hawk with a 44 man roster:

Michael Brantley
[b:f7f421adc2]Belliard, Ronnie[/b:f7f421adc2]
Betancourt, Rafael
Butler, Billy
Cabrera, Asdrubal
[b:f7f421adc2]Cabrera, Everth[/b:f7f421adc2]
Colvin, Tyler
Danks, John
Dempster, Ryan
Desmond, Ian
Drew, J.D.
Feldman, Scott
Feliz, Neftali
Floyd, Gavin
Francisco, Frank
Gutierrez, Franklin
Guzman, Angel
Hudson, Dan
Jones, Adam
Kubel, Jason
Lind, Adam
[b:f7f421adc2]Ludwick, Ryan[/b:f7f421adc2]
Montero, Miguel
[b:f7f421adc2]Moore, Adam[/b:f7f421adc2]
Myers, Brett
Ni, Fu-Te
Oswalt, Roy
Parker, Jarrod
Polanco, Placido
Pujols, Albert
Quentin, Carlos
Ramirez, Aramis
Ross, Cody
Salazar, Oscar
Sanchez, Jonathan
[b:f7f421adc2]Sipp, Tony[/b:f7f421adc2]
Snider, Travis
Soto, Geovany
Stewart, Ian
Thatcher, Joe
Tulowitzki, Troy
Upton, B.J.
Walker, Neil
Wells, Randy
Zimmerman, Ryan[/quote:f7f421adc2]

[b:f7f421adc2]Ronnie Belliard[/b:f7f421adc2] and [b:f7f421adc2]Everth Cabrera[/b:f7f421adc2] were dropped before the supp draft

[b:f7f421adc2]Feldman[/b:f7f421adc2] and [b:f7f421adc2]Brantley[/b:f7f421adc2] were obtained for [b:f7f421adc2]Ludwick[/b:f7f421adc2].[b:f7f421adc2]Adam Moore[/b:f7f421adc2] was dropped

[b:f7f421adc2]Francisco[/b:f7f421adc2] was acquired for a 2011 draft pick.[b:f7f421adc2]Tony Sipp[/b:f7f421adc2] was dropped

With the acquisition of Brett Myers and Neil Walker my roster now stands at 40 and I have no 3rd round supp pick
nythawk129921

Postby bvargus » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:11 pm

On what page did you list your cuts? Because Kaviksdad, WP and myself have all gone back through the threads on this board and stated that we could not find any cuts posted anywhere by you, Hawk. So you need to do more than simply state that you made the drops. You need to show where you did it.
bvargus

Postby bvargus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:33 am

I will replace my pick of Myers with Dan Hudson. Now all we have to do is come to a conclusion on what to do about Myers and N. Walker. I suggest they be released and made available in Round 3...

1.thisisray -Jaime Garcia SP StL
2.thisisdan26 - Jose Bautista RF TOR
3.jagman28 - Delmon Young RF MIN
4.jehale - Carl Pavano SP MIN
5.Aray0113 - R A Dickey SP NYM
6.ThisisDan (via Kaviksdad) - Colby Lewis SP TEX
7. Rally Sally - Kelly Johnson 2B ARI
8. bbasebrawl- Vladimir Guerrero OF TEX
9. nythawk-Brett Myers SP HOU
10.WPWangfuddle - Rickie Weeks 2B - Mil
11.7smitty7 - Chris Johnson 3B HOU
12. billyv - Vernon Wells OF TOR

Round 2:

13. ThisisRay - David Freese 3B StL
14. ThisisDan - Miguel Olivo C COL
15. Jagman - Brett Cecil P TOR
16. Jehale -Gaby Sanchez 1B FLA
17. Aray - Gregg Zaun C TOR
18. Kaviksdad - CJ Wilson SP Tex
19. RallySally - Doug Fister SP SEA
20. Bbasebrawl - Matt Lindstrom RP Hst
21. Nythawk-Neil Walker 2B PIT
22. WPWangFuddle - Jason Vargas SP SEA
23. Smitty - Vicente Padilla SP LAD
24. BillyV - Dan Hudson P Ariz

Round 3:

25. Thisisray- John Jaso C TB
26. Jagman-
27. Jehale-
28. Aray-
29. Kaviksdad-
30. RallySally-
31. Bbasebrawl-
32. WPWangfuddle-
33. Smitty-
34. BillyV-
bvargus

Postby nythawk129921 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:20 am

[quote:4e1badca5f="billyv"]I will replace my pick of Myers with Dan Hudson. Now all we have to do is come to a conclusion on what to do about Myers and N. Walker. I suggest they be released and made available in Round 3...

1.thisisray -Jaime Garcia SP StL
2.thisisdan26 - Jose Bautista RF TOR
3.jagman28 - Delmon Young RF MIN
4.jehale - Carl Pavano SP MIN
5.Aray0113 - R A Dickey SP NYM
6.ThisisDan (via Kaviksdad) - Colby Lewis SP TEX
7. Rally Sally - Kelly Johnson 2B ARI
8. bbasebrawl- Vladimir Guerrero OF TEX
9. nythawk-Brett Myers SP HOU
10.WPWangfuddle - Rickie Weeks 2B - Mil
11.7smitty7 - Chris Johnson 3B HOU
12. billyv - Vernon Wells OF TOR

Round 2:

13. ThisisRay - David Freese 3B StL
14. ThisisDan - Miguel Olivo C COL
15. Jagman - Brett Cecil P TOR
16. Jehale -Gaby Sanchez 1B FLA
17. Aray - Gregg Zaun C TOR
18. Kaviksdad - CJ Wilson SP Tex
19. RallySally - Doug Fister SP SEA
20. Bbasebrawl - Matt Lindstrom RP Hst
21. Nythawk-Neil Walker 2B PIT
22. WPWangFuddle - Jason Vargas SP SEA
23. Smitty - Vicente Padilla SP LAD
2[b:4e1badca5f]4. BillyV - Dan Hudson P Ariz[/b:4e1badca5f]

Round 3:

25. Thisisray- John Jaso C TB
26. Jagman-
27. Jehale-
28. Aray-
29. Kaviksdad-
30. RallySally-
31. Bbasebrawl-
32. WPWangfuddle-
33. Smitty-
34. BillyV-[/quote:4e1badca5f]

So what now Dan Hudson isnt on my roster either.BillyV when did you become commissioner???
nythawk129921

Postby thisisray » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:26 am

Here is a suggestion: Hawks picks are no good and they are back into the player pool for round 3. Hawk can make those drops he has posted(after the draft started) and make his 2 picks at the end of round 3.

Since Aray says he was at 38 players his first two picks should count and if he wants to make his drop of Lidge he can pick at the end of round 3 also.

Let me know your thoughts on this.
thisisray

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:40 am

Good morning guys -

Given the haphazard way that the records have been kept in the past - and believe me I know how hard it can be to keep things up to date, so once again I'm not laying any blame on anyone - I don't think anyone should be penalized for anything. When players aren't sure what the roster situation is for themselves and for others it makes for a lot of confusion. Hopefully we can get that cleared up.

I don't want to restart the draft, nor do I think Aray and Hawk should lose their picks. My solution is this:

1) Aray and Hawk post their drops so we all know who they are. I can work with both of them to make sure their rosters are correct so they know who they have and who they can drop.
2) Everyone will have a chance to pick from those dropped players if they choose to do so. We use the draft list starting with Ray and he can either pass/select one of the dropped players - releasing one of his past picks. Then we just go down the line. If anyone takes one of the dropped players instead of their pick, their pick is added to the list and we keep going. It would work like this:

Say Hawk drops Billy Butler. Ray can then decide to take Butler and drop one of his picks already made. Whoever he drops is added to the list of available players and then Dan gets his turn. He can decide to keep who he's picked so far or choose one of Hawks or Arays drops OR the pick Ray drops because he has now taken Butler. If he takes someone he drops one of his picks - and so on down the line.

This should give everyone an equal chance, according to their draft slot.
kaviksdad

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat