Major League Keeper League

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:47 am

Hawk - got your roster updated and I also show you with 40 and no 3rd round pick. Thanks

BillyV - since I feel Hawk should keep Myers you should be able to keep Hudson. But that's the commish's call.

Ronnie Belliard and Everth Cabrera were Hawks drops. When we get Arays' drops I believe we should hold those players as UNAVAILABLE until after the draft, then have a special draft for those dropped players of Hawks and Arays.

Going in order of the draft, everyone should get a chance to replace one of their picks with one of those drops, if they choose to do so. IF they do they drop one of their selections, who now is availabe to the next guy. And we just continue down the list until no one wants anyone that's available.

I can run this if everyone would like
kaviksdad

Postby nythawk129921 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:10 pm

[quote:31cf17c91b="kaviksdad"]Hawk - got your roster updated and I also show you with 40 and no 3rd round pick. Thanks

[b:31cf17c91b]BillyV - since I feel Hawk should keep Myers you should be able to keep Hudson. But that's the commish's call.[/b:31cf17c91b]

Ronnie Belliard and Everth Cabrera were Hawks drops. When we get Arays' drops I believe we should hold those players as UNAVAILABLE until after the draft, then have a special draft for those dropped players of Hawks and Arays.

Going in order of the draft, everyone should get a chance to replace one of their picks with one of those drops, if they choose to do so. IF they do they drop one of their selections, who now is availabe to the next guy. And we just continue down the list until no one wants anyone that's available.

I can run this if everyone would like[/quote:31cf17c91b]

marc I should lose [b:31cf17c91b]Hudson[/b:31cf17c91b] why.He has been a member of my roster all along and I cant see how or why you feel Billyv should be able to draft a player off my roster.
nythawk129921

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Oops - my bad Hawk. I didn't see that Hudson was already on your roster.
So Billy can't draft him since he's not available.

Billy will need to repick his 2nd round pick.
kaviksdad

Postby thisisray » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:37 pm

Seems like a good solution. Thanks kaviksdad
thisisray

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:49 pm

I don't want to step on any toes since I'm not running the show here, but since Ray is ok this is how we should proceed:

1) BillyV will need to repick his 2nd round selection - Hunter belongs to Hawk.
2) Hawk and Aray keep their draft picks and can continue to pick if they have picks available.
3) Aray needs to post his drops asap.
4) We finish the draft.

Once the draft is finished I will administer a "mini-draft" where everyone will get a chance to exchange any of their draft picks for any of Hawk's or Aray's drops - if you choose to do so. It will be done in the same order as the draft and it should go fairly quickly. ThisisRay will have the first crack - he can take one of the dropped players and then drop one of his draft picks, who is then added to the short "available" list. Then Dan has his shot, and so on until we get to Billy.

No one has to take anybody if you're satisfied with the players you drafted. If you do decide to take one of Hawk's or Aray's drops you'll need to drop one of the players you drafted (not someone else on your roster), who then becomes available for the next guy. We keep going until nodody wants to change.

Doing it this way ensures that everyone has a fair shot at drafting any of the dropped players of Hawk and Aray. If someone does take one of their drops they drop one of their drafted players, who then can be drafted by whoever is next.
kaviksdad

Postby kaviksdad » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Thanks Aray

These are the players that should have been dropped earlier and on the available player list:

Brad Lidge
Everth Cabrera
Ronnie Belliard

All managers in the league have an opportunity to draft these players [b:23a1e5505b]IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO[/b:23a1e5505b]. Here's the order:

ThisisRay
ThisisDan
Jagman
Jehale
Aray
Kaviksdad
RallySally
Bbasebrawl
Nythawk
WPWangFuddle
Smitty
BillyV

If you want one of these players, [b:23a1e5505b]WHEN IT IS YOUR TURN[/b:23a1e5505b], announce the player you want, [b:23a1e5505b]THEN DROP ONE OF YOUR SUPPLEMENTAL PICKS[/b:23a1e5505b]. The dropped supplemental pick then gets added to the above list, and we go to the next guy.

Here's an [b:23a1e5505b]example[/b:23a1e5505b] how it would work:

ThisisRay passes
ThisisDan passes
Jagman selects Ronnie Belliard and drops Brett Cecil. Brett Cecil now is added to the available list.
Jehale passes
Aray selects Brett Cecil and drops Gregg Zaun. Zaun is added to the available list.
Kaviksdad passes
Everyone else passes.

We can do up to 3 rounds of this if managers keep selecting players but no further. Once everyone passes, or we've gone 3 full rounds, we're done. If no one wants any of the players we're done.

We will begin this after the supplemental draft is over, and will be done as quick as we can. I recommend a 1 hour clock with time slots allotted for everyone, provided that's ok with the boss.
kaviksdad

Postby thisisray » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:46 pm

That sounds like a good idea to me. Thanks for all the work and smoothing everything out kaviksdad. I(and the league) really appreciate it :)
thisisray

Postby jagman2882 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:40 am

1.thisisray -Jaime Garcia SP StL
2.thisisdan26 - Jose Bautista RF TOR
3.jagman28 - Delmon Young RF MIN
4.jehale - Carl Pavano SP MIN
5.Aray0113 - R A Dickey SP NYM
6.ThisisDan (via Kaviksdad) - Colby Lewis SP TEX
7. Rally Sally - Kelly Johnson 2B ARI
8. bbasebrawl- Vladimir Guerrero OF TEX
9. nythawk-Brett Myers SP HOU
10.WPWangfuddle - Rickie Weeks 2B - Mil