1919 to 1929 live draft theme CHAT

Postby dharmabums » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:17 pm

I've got my first two picks set as proxies (Vance and Lyons). I'm pretty sure we had gotten to danielz's third pick, with mine next. That's what I was seeing last night around midnight. And then things got broke.

AeroDave, you might keep an eye on that Palanion. He seemed pretty covetous with Chick Hafey. :wink: :wink:

GL with another try guys. Definitely an interesting player set for creating a team.
dharmabums

Postby Hack Wilson » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:18 pm

I remember who i had -- gehrig, hack wilson, kiki cuyler.

Let's recreate.
Hack Wilson

Palanion

Postby nymets99 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:42 pm

can you please post the list of players drafted. I usually dont have alot of time on the weekend to peak in so id like to setup some proxies for rounds 3-6 as i figure it wont be that quickly moving. Thanks
nymets99

Postby Palanion » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:04 pm

If I get a chance I will post the draft to date here. However, please note that the draft is not right yet. I have e-mailed Adrian again about this.
The draft order is screwed up in round 16, which affects all the subsequent rounds (and there are 85 rounds). :roll:
Palanion

should i just delete this draft and try again?

Postby nymets99 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:19 pm

maybe if i recreate another draft that will work.

It Worked!!! 8-) New Draft is the only one there. I checked the draft order and the rounds. Everything is set to go
nymets99

Postby Palanion » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Great.
Here's the list of picks so far:
AeroDave: Hornsby, Hafey, Grimes
Palanion: Speaker, Dykes, R. Benton
genegrid: Ruth, Wheat, Faber
hack wilson: Gehrig, H. Wilson
Rube1: Foxx, Bishop
tomwistar: J. Jackson, A. Simmons
danielz: Chapman, Ciccotte
dharmabums: Vance, Lyons
bontomn: Heilman, P. Waner
nymets99: Frisch, M. Ott
Badjam: Sisler, W. Johnson
Mr. BBW: Collins, Bancroft

I am leaving work now and will be out for the night. I am holding a yard sale tomorrow, so I'll be outside most of the day.
I will do my best to keep tabs and such, but I was not expecting the Dope issues...
Bill
Palanion

Postby tomwistar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:09 pm

There are a few more picks than what Bill listed above. I think I made the last pick before the draft broke; it was Fournier. Cuyler had also been taken by Hack. I don't know who Rube picked ahead of me.
tomwistar

Postby Badjam » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:39 pm

I think Covelski was picked by someone also. Lets get this thing rolling or get together and do ten or fifteen rounds in one sitting.
Badjam

Postby MIKEGILBERT » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Yes, I took Coveleski in round 3. And I've put my three picks in as proxies.
MIKEGILBERT

Postby bontomn » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:53 pm

It's 5 p.m. in San Diego, and the Diamond Dope draft site is just as barren when I left at noon. No picks entered.

I also learned today that I will have to have surgery to alleviate a herniated disc in my neck the week after next. That will leave me incomunicado in the hospital for several days. And my wife and I are leaving tomorrow for a previously-scheduled week of vacation in Palm Desert, where I will have limited computer access.

It might be best, given what's happened in our draft so far, for me to bow out if someone can find a replacement for me. If not, I'll do the best I can to keep up, but it will be hard. Any word from Adrian on when the site actually will be working?

I've entered my first two picks as proxies, along with my third and fourth round choices.

But please let me know if you can find a replacement. Thanks.

Tom
bontomn

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat