6.Kaviksdad
7.RallySally
8.Bbasebrawl
9.Nythawk
10.WPWangFuddle
11.Smitty
12.BillyV

Sorry for the delay,
I believe some of you are right about needing league members who will stay on top of things. As much as I have enjoyed this league, I just don't have the time to check in like I should or do the research required. I have no idea of who is available for this draft. For that reason, this will be my last season. Please go ahead and line up a replacement for me.
Good luck and thanks for having me,
Jim.[/quote:73934a2e91]

Castro is on my roster, please select another prospect.
thisisray

Postby Hillbilly Rockstar » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Round 1

1.ThisisRay - Jon Jay OF StL
2.ThisisDan - Travis Wood SP Cin
3.Jagman - Jose Tabata OF PIT
4.Jehale Michael Trout CF LAA
5.Aray0113 - Dillon Gee P NYM
6.Kaviksdad
7.RallySally
8.Bbasebrawl
9.Nythawk
10.WPWangFuddle
11.Smitty
12.BillyV
Hillbilly Rockstar

Postby kaviksdad » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:02 pm

Round 1

6.Kaviksdad - Wil Myers C KC

7.[b:481e5febb4]RallySally[/b:481e5febb4]

8.Bbasebrawl
9.Nythawk
10.WPWangFuddle
11.Smitty
12.BillyV
kaviksdad

Postby Rally Sally » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Round 1

6.Kaviksdad - Wil Myers C KC
7.RallySally - Bryce Harper RF WAS

8.Bbasebrawl

9.Nythawk
10.WPWangFuddle
11.Smitty
12.BillyV
Rally Sally

Postby kaviksdad » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:38 pm

I don't think Harper is a legitimate prospect pick (at least he wouldn't be in the other keepers I'm in) since this was his draft year. Otherwise I would have taken him over Myers.

But I could be wrong - I've been wrong before. :lol:
kaviksdad

Postby TefJ » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:56 pm

I'm 99% sure KD is correct, that only players drafted before the 2010 MLB draft are eligible. At least, that's how we did it in the past.

I'm sure that Strasburg would have been drafted last season, had he been eligible, and he was taken by Dan this April.
Last edited by TefJ on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
TefJ

Postby thisisray » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Both of you are correct. That is how we did it last year.
thisisray

Re: Major League Keeper League

Postby bbasebrawl » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 pm

[quote:fdb549b68b="thisisray"]Initial Draft:

Prospect drafts:
1) There are 2 prospect drafts during each season
2) The first yearly prospect draft is 2 rounds, to be held immediately after each year's Spring Free Agent draft.
3) The second yearly prospect draft is 2 rounds, to be held immediately after each year's Supplemental Free Agent draft.
4) Only those players without MLB experience signed by MLB teams are eligible for any prospect draft.
5) The initial prospect draft is serpentine. Draft order for this initial Prospect draft will be the reverse of the draft order for the Initial Free Agent draft. All subsequent prospect drafts are non-serpentine, and draft order is based on the previous season's regular season records.
6) Owners lose rights to all prospects that they release; Released prospects are eligible to be drafted as either a) Free Agents if they were issued SOM cards or b) prospects again
if never issued SOM cards.
7) There is no clock for Round 1 of each prospect draft. All subsequent rounds will operate with a 3 hour clock.
8) Individual owners are responsible for their own prospect research.

:D[/quote:fdb549b68b]

Note item 4 above, I am not sure if Harper has been signed as of yet, but if he has then it seems to me he would be eligible for this draft
bbasebrawl

Postby TefJ » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:08 pm

bbasebrawl,

While you may be right based solely on that rule, I believe we had this conversation last year, and decided that the player must have been drafted before this draft, as that's a far less arbitrary deadline.

Think of it this way: What's to stop me from waiting to make my pick until Harper (or anyone else from this class) signs? It's a bit unfair to have better picks become available at an arbitrary time which may be during the draft.

Having it be prior to the current year's draft makes for less headaches, as it's much clearer who is eligible to be drafted.
TefJ

Postby bbasebrawl » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:38 am

[quote:cfb7ae97f9="WPWangfuddle"]bbasebrawl,

While you may be right based solely on that rule, I believe we had this conversation last year, and decided that the player must have been drafted before this draft, as that's a far less arbitrary deadline.

Think of it this way: What's to stop me from waiting to make my pick until Harper (or anyone else from this class) signs? It's a bit unfair to have better picks become available at an arbitrary time which may be during the draft.

Having it be prior to the current year's draft makes for less headaches, as it's much clearer who is eligible to be drafted.[/quote:cfb7ae97f9]

The rule will need to be changed and voted on I would think to reflect that [u:cfb7ae97f9]only prospects drafted by MLB prior to the current season [/u:cfb7ae97f9]would be eligible for prospect status or at least I think that is how I am interpreting.
I would be all for it if that is the way we go, but I still think that the way the current rule states, that RallySally is not in violation of the rules. Just my opinion.
bbasebrawl

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat