Position Theme League Draft

Postby MEAT » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:12 pm

novie, I know it may only seem to me like ive got nothing but 9-10-11-12 picks, but I went back over the earlier draft order, and indeed, as scheduled, i picked 9th in rd 2, which was rf, and im scheduled to go 9th again in rd 6, SP. this is aside from the cf/1b trade I made with warrenbob. I have no 4th picks in any round. looks like the 6th rd is the flaw, since the second is already complete.
MEAT

Postby MEAT » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:15 pm

on a side note, does bontom knows he's up now in LF.
ALSO, what are the rules regarding a player we draft here, can we choose any of the cards he has the dfrafted position on, and how long are we required to hold on to our drafted players?
MEAT

Postby MEAT » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:18 pm

disregard all of the above...no wonder it was the 2nd round, didn't realize you went back and changed the original draft order on the old page one post AFTER the trade. NEVERMIND! :oops:
MEAT

Postby MEAT » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:26 pm

Actually, still need clarification on which cards are usuable, and how long you must keep drafted players.
MEAT

Postby Mr Baseball World » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:31 pm

The card you use needs to have the position you drafted on it. After the first three games then you could switch to any card. If you drop someone you drafted before opening day, anyone else could pick up any card but you could only pick up a card of that player that was at the position you drafted them. If you draft a guy in the SP only round you cannot use an SP/RP card for that player until after the opening night.
Mr Baseball World

Postby Mr Baseball World » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:32 pm

At catcher give me Gabby Hartnett.
Mr Baseball World

Postby N Texas Widowmakers » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:36 pm

[quote:7fbe49c2af="Mr. Baseball World"]The card you use needs to have the position you drafted on it. After the first three games then you could switch to any card. If you drop someone you drafted before opening day, anyone else could pick up any card but you could only pick up a card of that player that was at the position you drafted them. If you draft a guy in the SP only round you cannot use an SP/RP card for that player until after the opening night.[/quote:7fbe49c2af]

I asked the same question and here is the answer I received :

[b:7fbe49c2af]Add/drop is also possible after game 3[/b:7fbe49c2af] 21 Oct 2010 11:40

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had this discussion with Novie after drafting Cobb as RF. Once we have played 3 games, the regular add/drop (with 5% penalty) procedure may be used to get the other cards into play.

This is obviously irrelevant for Suttles.
N Texas Widowmakers

Postby novie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Hitters: H Aaron, R Alomar, E Banks, J Beckwith, Ba Bonds, L Boudreaux, L Bowa, G Brett, W Brown, R. Carew, C. Cedeno O Charleston, T Cobb, Collins, J. Cronin, Cuyler, E Delahanty, J. DiMaggio, J. Evers, G Foster, F Frisch, C Gehringer, J Gibson, J. Gordon, B Hamilton, G Hartnett, H. Heilmann, R Henderson, R Hornsby, R Jackson, R. Kiner, C Klein, N Lajoie, M Mantle, R Maris, W Mays, J Morgan, S. Musial, L O'Doull, M Ott, R Petrocelli, K Puckett, C. Ripken, F Robinson, J Robinson, B Ruth, R Sandberg, A Simmons, C. Smith, D. Snider, T Speaker, T. Stearnes, H Wagner, W Wells, T Williams, H Wilson, L. Whitaker, WB Wright, Yaz, Yount

Pitchers: P Alexander, 3F Brown, S Carlton, W. Johnson S. Koufax, G Maddux, E Walsh

Round 4 - SS
7. SteveAmes - W Wells
8. He's Meat - H Wagner
9. BonTomn - J Beckwith
10. DonFESQ - R Yount
11. Modmark - L Boudreaux
12. rburgh - C. Ripken
1. warrenbob - E Banks
2. Pjatscfy - J. Cronin
3. Mr BBW - R Petrocelli
4. Emart - L Bowa
5. N Texas - A. Trammell
6. Novie - W Brown

Round 5 - LF
1. warrenbob - Ba Bonds
2. Pjatscfy - Kiner
3. DonFESQ- Yaz
4. rburgh - C Klein
5. N Texas - H Greenberg
6. Novie - M Ott
7. SteveAmes - G Foster
8. He's Meat - L O'Doul
9. BonTomn - Heilmann
10.MrBBW
11. Modmark -
12. emart -

Round 6 - SP (no RP on Card)
4. Emart - Greg Maddux
3. Mr BBW - E Walsh
2. Pjatscfy - S. Koufax
1. warrenbob - W. Johnson
12. Emart - S Carlton
11. Modmark -
10. DonFESQ
9. BonTomn -
8. He's Meat -
7. SteveAmes -
6. Novie -
5. N Texas -

Round 7 - C
9. BonTomn - Jo Gibson
10. Mr BBW - G Hartnett
11. Modmark -
12. rburgh -
1. warrenbob -
2. Pjatscfy -
3. DonFESQ -
4. Emart -
5. N Texas -
6. Novie -
7. SteveAmes -
8. He's Meat -
novie

Postby novie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:38 pm

BBW ur up in LF as well

Then modmark up in all 3 rounds
novie

Postby modmark46 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:43 pm

Guys, I will make my picks when I get to work. My brother and his son are up visiting; haven't seen my brother in 8 years. But, heading to work soon, will make my picks in the next hour to hour and a half. :)
modmark46

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat